Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD Bulldogs 2011-2012 - Hop on tBandwagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD Bulldogs 2011-2012 - Hop on tBandwagon!

Originally posted by UMDdangler View Post
    Awesome thanks! However, just because we have one, doesn't mean that its the only place I want hear it from. Im only assuming that most of the posts on there will be extremely biased, and will be mostly UMD fans. I'm sure that there are many unbiased users, but I will still take the opportunity to get some "uncensored" material.
    There are UMD posters who want to post here and not there. I will talk hockey with people in both!
    Originally posted by UMDdangler View Post
    Basically what I'm most interested in is this; will UMD be able to compete for another National Championship, without the help of M. Connoly, Faulk, and Fontaine?

They have the experience, they still have a lot of playmakers, and they have a lot of hopeful players entering the system; but is the loss too much? I really dont know what the impact will be on the team, but I hope that the bulldogs can at least make this season interesting...considering I waited in line for season tickets for 8 hours yesterday.
    It will be a tough road to repeat. The loss of MCon is HUGE. Team MVP and one of the best players in UMD history. Big shoes to fill. I will miss Faulk's defense and Fontaine's PPG's. I want this team to compete for a MacNaughton (would love to see one before we leave for the much better NCHC) and home ice. AMSoil shall be filled this year.

You waited in line for eight hours? Well done sir! I had friends who waited ten hours. Heard the line was 300 long (at least) and went all the way to the entrance of Darland. Nice to see tBandwagon fill up
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD Bulldogs 2011-2012 - Hop on tBandwagon!

Forgot to mention about recruiting. It worries me. Losing Rohlik, as expected, has been painful to our recruiting. We haven't landed a quality Canadian recruit and we hired the new assistant to recruit in Canada for us.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

bump4lulz

Comment

All of these threads get bumped at once and nobody started up a thread to complain about all of the UMD threads?? You guys are some slackers!!!
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

I didn't realize there were multiple threads. I'll also post the question that I raised in the other thread. I'm hearing that the Dogs received a commitment recently from a top 96 DOB player. Has anyone else heard anything? I also have some friends who are heavily involved in scouting. They are telling me that the UMD coaches are talking to some big time recruits. Hard to say how successful they will be but that at least is some positive news. Hopefully they land some of the guys they are talking to.

Comment

Originally posted by Amsoil View Post
              I didn't realize there were multiple threads. I'll also post the question that I raised in the other thread. I'm hearing that the Dogs received a commitment recently from a top 96 DOB player. Has anyone else heard anything? I also have some friends who are heavily involved in scouting. They are telling me that the UMD coaches are talking to some big time recruits. Hard to say how successful they will be but that at least is some positive news. Hopefully they land some of the guys they are talking to.
              All I heard is they are working on getting top recruits. Maybe this 96 DOB kid is a big name we have heard rumors about
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                All of these threads get bumped at once and nobody started up a thread to complain about all of the UMD threads?? You guys are some slackers!!!

Ummmm. did you NOT see Donald's thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  All I heard is they are working on getting top recruits. Maybe this 96 DOB kid is a big name we have heard rumors about
                  It's official! My contacts were 100% dead on. Heisenberg just listed today that Blake Clarke is the 96 recruit who committed. He's playing with the Fargo Force and is 15 years old. He played at SSM two years ago and in Chicago last year. He has nice size at 6'2" and 185 lbs at 15. From what I could find online, he appears to have huge potential. I'm not sure about this but I'm guessing he is the only 15 year old in the USHL. We may have got a good one. I'm going to have to thank my contacts who inkled this to me. I'm pretty pumped to see this kid play. I may have to take in a Fargo game this year. They also said that we would be receiving a commitment from another goalie. Heisenberg also listed today that Peter Traber with Cedar Rapids has also commited to UMD. This one is a bit strange as we already have his teammate at Cedar Rapids coming in next year (Matt McNeely). Traber is the former SSM goaltender and is very solid. It looks like we have commitments from two very good young goalies. McNeely is a stud! Things are starting to pop on the Bulldog recruiting trail. My buddies tell me there more commitments to come and they will be bigger and better. I knew they had connections but this is ridiculous. They have been right on. I'm not sure who they are talking to but it really doesn't matter. They were telling me this before Heisenberg announced it. I can hardly wait until the season starts. I'm looking forward to the "raising of the banner" on October 7.

I'll continue to post if they feed me information.

Note: I was going to start a UMD Recruiting Thread but decided against it as Bulldog fans already have 3 or 4 threads here.

Comment

It's official! My contacts were 100% dead on. Heisenberg just listed today that Blake Clarke is the 96 recruit who committed. He's playing with the Fargo Force and is 15 years old. He played at SSM two years ago and in Chicago last year. He has nice size at 6'2" and 185 lbs at 15. From what I could find online, he appears to have huge potential. I'm not sure about this but I'm guessing he is the only 15 year old in the USHL. We may have got a good one. I'm going to have to thank my contacts who inkled this to me. I'm pretty pumped to see this kid play. I may have to take in a Fargo game this year. They also said that we would be receiving a commitment from another goalie. Heisenberg also listed today that Peter Traber with Cedar Rapids has also commited to UMD. This one is a bit strange as we already have his teammate at Cedar Rapids coming in next year (Matt McNeely). Traber is the former SSM goaltender and is very solid. It looks like we have commitments from two very good young goalies. McNeely is a stud! Things are starting to pop on the Bulldog recruiting trail. My buddies tell me there more commitments to come and they will be bigger and better. I knew they had connections but this is ridiculous. They have been right on. I'm not sure who they are talking to but it really doesn't matter. They were telling me this before Heisenberg announced it. I can hardly wait until the season starts. I'm looking forward to the "raising of the banner" on October 7.

Note: I was going to start a UMD Recruiting Thread but decided against it as Bulldog fans already have 3 or 4 threads here.
                    Check your rep.

Playing in the USHL at 15? That is impressive! I like what I am hearing about Clarke. I am excited for McNeely, he will be a great addition. Thanks for the info! Very throughout and informative

I am so excited for the banner raising! Two weeks!
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Ummmm. did you NOT see Donald's thread?
                      He posted that after I brought it up!!

It just happens.

Comment

Blake Clarke has not committed to UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by umd26mn View Post
                          Blake Clarke has not committed to UMD.
                          At least not yet... Why would it appear on Heisenberg's list and then disappear?
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            At least not yet... Why would it appear on Heisenberg's list and then disappear?
                            Carke is incorrectly listed as a UMD recruit on the USHL website. I am guessing Heisenberg took it from that.

Comment

Good morning,

(Bump)

Couple things:

1. New to the board. I have been a big fan of the Dogs for a long time. Hope we can have some decent discussions here about the team, the future, etc. I did visit the Penaltybox site and was pretty turned off by the negativity and lack of info. I am giving this board a shot.

2. Too bad about the reverse by Heisenberg regarding two possible players in Traber and Clarke. It has been a while since we have heard anything and those two would nice pieces moving forward.

For now, that is all I have...will be paying attention to see if I hear anything along the way. I will contribute to the board as much as I can. I do get and try to watch some hockey now and then - either it be high school or junior hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X