Fear the ACCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear the ACCHC

With all the realignment coming with the ACC, its time to talk about the ACC Hockey Conference. Notre Dame and UConn are rumored to be heading to the ACC joining Boston College and with Syracuse being on the short list of colleges most likely to start up D-1 Hockey...that leaves the ACC only two teams short of the minimum for a conference. Its time to get serious about this.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Re: Fear the ACCHC

OH man ... I hope so. Anarchy rules.

Comment

Once BC leaves HE for the ACCHC the remaing powers in HE will form the Super National Hockey Association. It is the only logical step

Comment

Assumptions:
        -The ACC wants to even get into hockey --> debatable, do people watching the ACC Network (which doesn't exist yet in any type of national format like the Big10 Network) care about hockey?
        -ND going to the ACC --> less than 50% chance but I'd say generally unlikely but not impossible
        - Uconn going to the ACC --> even more unlikely (Rutgers more probable?)
        - Cuse going D1 in hockey --> certainly possible, explored several times but shot down each time
        - Pitt going D1 in hockey --> meh... not likely but not impossible.
        - Another existing ACC school going D1 in hockey (VTech or UVA or UMD?) --> pretty darn unlikely
        - The ACC starting a league with BC, Notre Dame, and some other combination of 4 other teams that will all be startups (simultaneously or staggered by a few years each?) or just lowlifes like the current Uconn situation --> probably zip.
        - Boston College agreeing to this if it's not already something that's been agreed to (which is unlikely IMO) --> probably close to zip under the above scenario.

Not exactly like the situation the Big 10 has. Everything made some sense and was workable. An ACC hockey conference would be a steaming pile of monkey dung for a long time. It makes no sense from any angle.

I'm glad we had this discussion. Hopefully that is the beginning and end of the talk (especially referencing "rumors").

When it becomes more than .01% likely let's revive this thread. Deal?
        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          I'm glad we had this discussion. Hopefully that is the beginning and end of the talk (especially referencing "rumors").
          This.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

While there is no ACCHC (at least not yet), there actually is an ACCHA....at the club level.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              While there is no ACCHC (at least not yet), there actually is an ACCHA....at the club level.
              ND is funding their transition to D1. Swarbrick is going to be the ACCHC commish. I heard it from a guy.

Comment

*****http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bbnf4B.jpg******
                A guy sent me a rubber band, paper clip, and drinking straw to help save his dog!

Well, Your Honor. We've got plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver_758 View Post
                  *****http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bbnf4B.jpg******
                  Well said!

Comment

Wait, what does any of this have to do with The Longhorn Network?
                    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

I warned everyone way back a year ago! While UConn jumped ship to Hockey East...if these club schools like Clemson and Syracuse get off the ground, we are only a few schools shy of a conference. Be wary my friends.
                      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                      2006-2007: 15-24-2
                      2007-2008: 20-20-4
                      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

I think that you got the title of the thread wrong. It's not going to be the ACCHC, but rather Hockey-ACC or the HACC.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
                          Wait, what does any of this have to do with The Longhorn Network?
                          $Texas
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            I warned everyone way back a year ago! While UConn jumped ship to Hockey East...if these club schools like Clemson and Syracuse get off the ground, we are only a few schools shy of a conference. Be wary my friends.
                            Syracuse had to dump men's sports and bring on women's hockey just to become Title IX compliant. They're not going D-I with the men any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I think that you got the title of the thread wrong. It's not going to be the ACCHC, but rather Hockey-ACC or the HACC.
                              They have already gotten Freddy Meyer to agree to be the commish
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X