St. Cloud to NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

So in years where we were atrocious, nobody showed up wearing cardinal and black when we played the Gophers because they were just gonna beat us silly?
    What do the Gophers have to do with it?
    We could be winless and people would still show up for the Gophers, because they're the Gophers.
    The same can't be said for Miami, UNO, Western, DU & CC.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
      hmmm-ok.

Let me say this one more time. The situation right now is different than what it was previously if there is an invite. I haven't seen anything from the NCHC yet.

You are a U of MN fan and your team is not in this league so I'm confused as to why you are so hyper-sensitive about this unless you just want to spar. And if this lessens your opinion of SCSU who will lose sleep over that and quite honestly it seems like you probably had an existing disrespect for SCSU hockey anyways.

Look all I did was give my opinion on the matter. If they get an invite and he makes the decision to move believe me it will be a well thought out decision.
      I'm looking at the big picture. Instead of probably being a leader (and power) in the WCHA, SCSU flipflops and decides to go to a conference that all of a sudden thinks SCSU is a great fit (since BC and ND seem to not want any part of it), and SCSU will probably finish in the middle of the pack, as usual.

I'm pretty much against all this particular reshaping of the hockey world, because I think this will cause the loss of some teams, instead of growth. If hockey wanted to switch some things around, fine. But they did it completely wrong.

Had SCSU stayed in the WCHA, I would have stood up and applauded their decision.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I'm looking at the big picture. Instead of probably being a leader (and power) in the WCHA, SCSU flipflops and decides to go to a conference that all of a sudden thinks SCSU is a great fit (since BC and ND seem to not want any part of it), and SCSU will probably finish in the middle of the pack, as usual.

I'm pretty much against all this particular reshaping of the hockey world, because I think this will cause the loss of some teams, instead of growth. If hockey wanted to switch some things around, fine. But they did it completely wrong.

Had SCSU stayed in the WCHA, I would have stood up and applauded their decision.
        Likely whining alumni changed all that.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Likely whining alumni changed all that.
          And the NaCHo(C) conference realizing that ND and BC ain't coming, and now they have to scramble for some scraps.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
            Interesting that a Gopher fan has to explain this to him.
            Like I told Bronzey, I can pull some decent thoughts out of my *** every once in awhile
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yes but what are their chances of regularly winning the NCHC? What are their chances of making the big dance out of it? I think that is what FTLT is hinting at.

Moneywise it is great but that is a different argument.
              That isn't what SCSU's decision was based on I'm guessing. It is a valid point, but this move makes sense for SCSU in regards to a revenue standpoint like you said. Someone else mentioned recruiting as well which one would think might be better in a better conference. No one can really say one way or another in regards to whether SCSU will be competitive in the NCHC but I don't think that was a main concern when they were given the invitation.

On that same note though, I think it would be hilarious if SCSU was very successful in the NCHC after being the "dork that got invited to the cool kids party" at the last minute when the could convince some of the other cool kids to show up.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Yes but what are their chances of regularly winning the NCHC? What are their chances of making the big dance out of it? I think that is what FTLT is hinting at.

Moneywise it is great but that is a different argument.
                The Current WCHA is a stronger league than what the NCHC will be and we compete just fine right now. We never win the conference but have been to the NCAA's 7 times over the last 12 years. the only NCHC team from the WCHA that has been there more in that time is UND. There is no reason SCSU can't continue that in the NCHC since the conference should get 3 or 4 teams in every year.

I have to laugh becuase Rabid/wife make me laugh. On one hand they always fight with people on here about how good SCSU is and then when this stuff come up they say they are not good enough to be the league. Which one is it?
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                  Amen.

I can understand the argument on its face that some people may think Dr. Potter would be hypocritical if he accepted the invitation for the NCHC (which it is "delighted" to extend). But most, if not all, these people are not familiar with Dr. Potter. Also a truly strong leader is willing to reconsider decisions, especially if the situation has changed since previous circumstances. We don't have the inside information as to what is being offered to SCSU and what arrangements or agreements have been made by the NCHC.
                  You can remove his c**k from your mouth any time........ If I had to guess Dr. Potter was angry and said something he should not have said to the press. From what I udnerstand he really did want to stay in the WCHA, but should have been smart enough to keep his yap shut. I have heard from some very credible sources Potter was under huge heat for his comments and many boosters were not happy. I will give him credit though, he swallowed his pride and did what is best for the SCSU and that is what a true leader would do....

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Making that decison doesn't pay the bills. I don't know one SCSU fan wouldn't trade the NCHC for the current WCHA minus Minnesota/wisconsin in a second. The fact is that is not an option and they have to do what is best for them.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      The Current WCHA is a stronger league than what the NCHC will be and we compete just fine right now. We never win the conference but have been to the NCAA's 7 times over the last 12 years. the only NCHC team from the WCHA that has been there more in that time is UND. There is no reason SCSU can't continue that in the NCHC since the conference should get 3 or 4 teams in every year.

I have to laugh becuase Rabid/wife make me laugh. On one hand they always fight with people on here about how good SCSU is and then when this stuff come up they say they are not good enough to be the league. Which one is it?
                      The NCHC won't be getting half the league into the NCAA's every year.
                      It may happen, but it won't be an annual thing.
                      Some SCSU teams have been able to compete, and then they fall short.
                      A 42% winning percentage against the NCHC does not give me a lot of hope that we'll be making the tourney consistently and without winning, all those recruits some people expect will be coming won't be.
                      Big time kids don't play for losing programs no matter what conference they are in.
                      We could have been the top dog in the WCHA, instead some people would rather be a middle of the road NCHC school.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Well, of course you would. You like the fact that SCSU has hockey but only at a level that does not threaten the U of MN hockey program. If they accept the invite it ratchets up their ability to recruit and continue to compete with the top programs.

The facts show that over the past 10 years SCSU has a better W/L record than UMD and basically even with Wisconsin. So, I wouldn't say they are no worthy of this conference.

We'd all would have liked it better if there weren't all these changes. Unfortunately you have to react to the situation at hand and make the best situation possible.
                        "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          The funny part is we can tell the difference between the two sexes.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Fine we're the fart... that still makes you (and DU) the ***-hole that started the whole mess.
                            Right because I sent Brian Faison an email with the rest of the posters on here and said "create another league, we don't need Tech, 'Kato, and the rest of the bottom dwellers when we can create a super conference to rival the P1G Ten." Cry into someone else's t its.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              The funny part is we can tell the difference between the two sexes.
                              True... one has a peenis and one has a vagina.

Can't say *****... funny.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                Right because I sent Brian Faison an email with the rest of the posters on here and said "create another league, we don't need Tech, 'Kato, and the rest of the bottom dwellers when we can create a super conference to rival the P1G Ten." Cry into someone else's t its.
                                We know UND ruined college hockey. Just come out and say it so we can tar and feather your aass.

Thank you and good night.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X