WMU--New Season, New Coach, New Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMU--New Season, New Coach, New Direction

Checking to see if either Bronco poster is still out there. So much is changing. A new conference in two years:
    http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...ile_natio.html

B2
    It will only get better!

Re: WMU--New Season, New Coach, New Direction

I'm here!

But I mostly hangout on the NCAAbbs board.

It's an exciting time to be a Bronco!
    Western Michigan University Bronco Hockey
    Home of the Lawson Lunatics

Comment

Congrats guys!!

I'm glad to see that all of your administration's efforts paid off.

Comment

So vs. a move to the WCHA, does this improve or decrease Western's chances of competing for an NCAA bid on a regular basis? Remember that all 8 NCHC schools, and Notre Dame, if the opt in, have been in the NCAA in the past two years, seven + ND last year. That will NEVER happen again, with three being the absolute max that will make it from the NCHC.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos24 View Post
          I'm here!

But I mostly hangout on the NCAAbbs board.

It's an exciting time to be a Bronco!
          Not just exciting. For hockey it has been mind boggling. It is sooo much better than the years of stagnation we lived through. It is wonderful to be wondering "What will happen next?" rather than knowing what will happen next (another crappy season).
          B2
          It will only get better!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            So vs. a move to the WCHA, does this improve or decrease Western's chances of competing for an NCAA bid on a regular basis? Remember that all 8 NCHC schools, and Notre Dame, if the opt in, have been in the NCAA in the past two years, seven + ND last year. That will NEVER happen again, with three being the absolute max that will make it from the NCHC.
            Western is now aiming to be good in hockey (finally) and you get better by playing the good schools. They will probably get to the NCAAs at least as frequently as they have in the past for a while and then, hopefully, do better.
            B2
            It will only get better!

Comment

I'm still here as well. Like everyone else, I have been waiting to see how this shook out for us. Definitely an exciting time for Bronco hockey. I just hope it works out well. As interested as I am in the future, I am very nervous as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                Western is now aiming to be good in hockey (finally) and you get better by playing the good schools. They will probably get to the NCAAs at least as frequently as they have in the past for a while and then, hopefully, do better.
                I don't think we'll be seeing western in the NCAAs for a while... Good luck getting on top of UND, DU, and Miami on a regular basis. This looks like the nchc is grabbing filler for the bottom half after finally realizing they needed it... If they really wanted you along you'd have been in from the start. This simply looks like the older brothers needed the younger siblings along to beat up on to me...
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Montana WMU View Post
                  I'm still here as well. Like everyone else, I have been waiting to see how this shook out for us. Definitely an exciting time for Bronco hockey. I just hope it works out well. As interested as I am in the future, I am very nervous as well.
                  I guess, if it isn't exciting and scary, it isn't much of a change. This certainly has both.

Do yo ever get back to Kalamazoo?
                  B2
                  It will only get better!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    My opinion was that the WCHA could have still been a multi bid conference between SCSU, NMU, and Western (assuming the continued give a fark about hockey), with an Alaska school and Tech making periodic runs if Pearson could turn things around. You take St. Cloud out, and it's really an unattractive option. Wouldn't be shocked if they struggle to ever get an at-large bid out of the WCHA, especially if the other two "Western" conferences start pushing for Pairwise adjustments that would favor tougher schedules.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                      I guess, if it isn't exciting and scary, it isn't much of a change. This certainly has both.

Do yo ever get back to Kalamazoo?
                      Sadly it has been years since I have been back to Kzoo. I love Montana and I have no desire to live anywhere else - but I sure could use a Two-Hearted Ale right about now!

Comment

Originally posted by Montana WMU View Post
                        Sadly it has been years since I have been back to Kzoo. I love Montana and I have no desire to live anywhere else - but I sure could use a Two-Hearted Ale right about now!
                        PM a shipping address and I will gladly trade you a sixer of "yeast cultures suspended in liquid" for a six pack of mixed ales from out west.

Comment

Check out #8

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...son_top_10.php
                          B2
                          It will only get better!

Comment

Originally posted by YooperWMU View Post
                            PM a shipping address and I will gladly trade you a sixer of "yeast cultures suspended in liquid" for a six pack of mixed ales from out west.
                            This is now, officially, and unequivocally, my favorite website ever!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              My opinion was that the WCHA could have still been a multi bid conference between SCSU, NMU, and Western (assuming the continued give a fark about hockey), with an Alaska school and Tech making periodic runs if Pearson could turn things around. You take St. Cloud out, and it's really an unattractive option. Wouldn't be shocked if they struggle to ever get an at-large bid out of the WCHA, especially if the other two "Western" conferences start pushing for Pairwise adjustments that would favor tougher schedules.
                              You arrogant SOB. Wow.
                              Your welcome to visit Houghton in 2 -3 years of Mr. Pearson's regime and we will be glad to take on your "prestigious NCHC team" anytime.
                              Then, we will be happy to return the favor with a visit to Kzoo.

Comment

Working...
                              X