Moratorium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moratorium

Any news on the NCAA moratorium on play-ups? Wasn't it supposed to expire in August?

Powers &8^]

Re: Moratorium

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Any news on the NCAA moratorium on play-ups? Wasn't it supposed to expire in August?

Powers &8^]
    Not exactly sure what you're asking but I'll take a crack at it. Women's hockey is DI/DII national collegiate (something the men's side should do, or allow play ups for DII men's). I don't think the NCAA changed anything for DIII play up, so even though RIT has said they'd like women's hockey to be DI in a few years, I don't see it happening unless the school moves the entire athletic department to DII or DI.

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
      I don't think the NCAA changed anything for DIII play up, so even though RIT has said they'd like women's hockey to be DI in a few years, I don't see it happening unless the school moves the entire athletic department to DII or DI.
      But that's just it -- if nothing changed, then the moratorium should be done, and the situation should revert to 2006 rules, in which DIII schools could play-up in one sport per gender.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        But that's just it -- if nothing changed, then the moratorium should be done, and the situation should revert to 2006 rules, in which DIII schools could play-up in one sport per gender.

Powers &8^]
        IIRC, one aspect of the moratorium expiring was that schools interested in moving/playing up had to apply to do so, and that there was a wait period.

Comment

Dammit Powers, there was a post somewhere on these boards about a rules change pertaining to that but I can't seem to find it right now.
          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Working...
          X