Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Petty said it best: "The Waiting is the Hardest Part"

Question for the panel:

With all the football-related conference news from over the weekend, we've heard nothing hockey-related from Notre Dame as of yet, could they and the Big Ten be discussing matters?

Talk amongst yourselves...
    Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Re: Tom Petty said it best: "The Waiting is the Hardest Part"

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
    Question for the panel:

With all the football-related conference news from over the weekend, we've heard nothing hockey-related from Notre Dame as of yet, could they and the Big Ten be discussing matters?

Pretty sure another thread on this topic is not necessary, but anyway: Notre Dame will not go to the Big 10. Notre Dame is going to NCHC, which was started with the intent of bringing in big time D-I progams with a national following like the Irish, Colorado College and Duluth. Who would want to play in Minneapolis and Madison every year when you could play in Oxford and Omaha?

Comment

there have been too many threads that have contained variants of this question. But since I know some will click on it thinking there MAY be something new, the latest is simply that Notre Dame Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick has stated to local South Bend media that Notre Dame will be announcing something within the next week. His statement was made Saturday and said the it would be forthcoming in the next 7-10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
        Who would want to play in Minneapolis and Madison every year when you could play in Oxford
        Exactly. Playboy agrees with you

There were a few tweets this morning implying that ND's announcement will be delaying their decision until after the season, but at this point no one has any clue.
        Last edited by MUhawks628; 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure another thread on this topic is not necessary, but anyway: Notre Dame will not go to the Big 10. Notre Dame is going to NCHC, which was started with the intent of bringing in big time D-I progams with a national following like the Irish, Colorado College and Duluth. Who would want to play in Minneapolis and Madison every year when you could play in Oxford and Omaha?
          When did Duluth and CC go D-1 in anything other than hockey
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
            there have been too many threads that have contained variants of this question. But since I know some will click on it thinking there MAY be something new, the latest is simply that Notre Dame Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick has stated to local South Bend media that Notre Dame will be announcing something within the next week. His statement was made Saturday and said the it would be forthcoming in the next 7-10 days.

See, now that is information I need. Until this little tempest in a teacup resolves itself, I think that somebody who is actually in South Bend, or somebody who is following this matter from the Our Lady perspective, should just post a good one-two sentence update of Notre Dame's realistic stance. It would save many of us piles of reading.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Come on now...CC has a killer D-1 women's soccer program. They played for the national championship...TWICE. Of course, they lost both of those title matches to North Carolina. They also made the "Final Four" three other occasions.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

*****http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGluemjbyI5KyBDglB3CLUax-3eeOr9__sc0AfufOrrc_l1GIcebcru_iM******
                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Question for the panel:

Well TP is fairly eloquent.

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Pretty sure I was too lazy to dig for the latest thread on the issue.

Much less find one that didn't morph into a urination distance contest between Minnesota and North Dakota fans.
                    Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Pretty sure I was too lazy to dig for the latest thread on the issue.

Much less find one that didn't morph into a urination distance contest between Minnesota and North Dakota fans.
                      Well North Dakota would clearly win with distance but i think Minnesota could beat them with duration of their streams.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        I dont think the point was that Duluth and CC have big D-1 athletic programs in general, but that they have largely recognizable HOCKEY programs, that have large fan-bases, and a lot of success. So for the hockey world, yes they DO have big D1 programs with a national audience, and would be reason to bring them in.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDdangler View Post
                          I dont think the point was that Duluth and CC have big D-1 athletic programs in general, but that they have largely recognizable HOCKEY programs, that have large fan-bases, and a lot of success. So for the hockey world, yes they DO have big D1 programs with a national audience, and would be reason to bring them in.
                          Now you opened the door for the national audience/tv market discussion again. **** it!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                            Now you opened the door for the national audience/tv market discussion again. **** it!
                            But nobody has said cc and umd are a dynasty yet

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              Ok, maybe I chose the wrong words to clearly state what I meant...

For the national audience that does and already follows college hockey, they are aware of the C.C. and UMD programs and have had fairly good success over the years. I am not saying anything about a TV market discussion, or anything of that nature. The only intent was this: why wouldn't you want to bring a well-known college hockey program into that conference, compared to a little "no-one knows, no-one cares" team. Im not saying that small teams are bad, but why take the "thrashers" (jets now) when you could have the red-wings? BECAUSE THERE PROGRAM IS BETTER AND HAS BEEN BETTER. No talk about the TV market is intended.

Comment

Working...
                              X