• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irish Hockey: Straight Inta Compton

*****http://s1.proxy05.twitpic.com/photos/large/405465468.jpg******

Now this is pretty.
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Since the ice is apparently ready, is there any possibility ND will be playing in the new arena sooner the previously anticipated?

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
      *****http://s1.proxy05.twitpic.com/photos/large/405465468.jpg******

Now this is pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by PGB View Post
        Since the ice is apparently ready, is there any possibility ND will be playing in the new arena sooner the previously anticipated?
        No. The RPI game is still up in the air (October 21st), but that would be the soonest given the target date has always been October 18th.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

No. The RPI game is still up in the air (October 21st), but that would be the soonest given the target date has always been October 18th.
          The RPI game is "on track" for being in the CFIA. Other than captains (Lorenz and Maday both) there is nothing else of substance to report yet today. You know what I'm talking about I'm sure.

Comment

Looks like we are ranked #1 in the preseason polls. Thats a big number. Hopefully they take it by the horns and run with it. Ya know, kinda opposite of what the our mighty football team did with its high preseason ranking this year.
            TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
              Other than captains (Lorenz and Maday both)...
              Just wanted to pump my tires and point out that I picked the letter-wearers, including Anders Lee. While I also picked Riley Sheahan to wear a letter, I'm pleased with the trio.

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan
              ...there is nothing else of substance to report yet today. You know what I'm talking about I'm sure.
              I'm pretty sure we all know where ND is headed. Smaller conference. Recruiting base. Rivalries. Now if the t.v greed would get ironed out, Coach Jackson can finally let the cat out of the bag.

But, hey, there is something to report. The team is skating in the new arena.
              *****http://s1.proxy05.twitpic.com/photos/large/408293860.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by RonWolf View Post
                ND is all about football
                Only sort of true.

and as far as that is concerned the Big Ten is the better fit IMO.
                False. In fact, football is the only sport where the Integer is NOT a good fit and the ACC would be significantly better.
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

That is a giant clover. Nice.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                    Only sort of true.

False. In fact, football is the only sport where the Integer is NOT a good fit and the ACC would be significantly better.
                    The only sport? I'd make arguments that the ACC is better for *most* of our sports in terms of some combination of recruiting region (since ND doesn't actually recruit
                    locally all that much/well in many sports, and in many sports greater access to the southeast would be a great benefit) or higher level of competition than the Integer:
                    Trivially lax.
                    Definitely women's soccer, baseball, t&f.
                    Arguably men's hoops, swimming, men's soccer, rowing, m&w tennis
                    Arguably not: women's hoops, volleyball

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      That is a giant clover. Nice.
                      Shamrock. It's a shamrock.

Disclaimer: a true shamrock is a white trifolium and is smaller than a "clover."

Comment

Shamrock. It's a shamrock.

Disclaimer: a true shamrock is a white trifolium and is smaller than a "clover."
                        Nonsense. Shamrocks get turned into shakes in March.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
                          The only sport? I'd make arguments that the ACC is better for *most* of our sports in terms of some combination of recruiting region (since ND doesn't actually recruit
                          locally all that much/well in many sports, and in many sports greater access to the southeast would be a great benefit) or higher level of competition than the Integer:
                          Trivially lax.
                          Definitely women's soccer, baseball, t&f.
                          Arguably men's hoops, swimming, men's soccer, rowing, m&w tennis
                          Arguably not: women's hoops, volleyball
                          On that basis, when you put it that way, I completely agree. (You also left out hockey, which falls into the "arguably not" side of the ledger IMO.)

I was thinking more in terms of travel, I guess. Travel is a non-issue for football (and, I think, basketball), but I think it's a real concern for the non-revenue sports.

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                            On that basis, when you put it that way, I completely agree. (You also left out hockey, which falls into the "arguably not" side of the ledger IMO.)

I was thinking more in terms of travel, I guess. Travel is a non-issue for football (and, I think, basketball), but I think it's a real concern for the non-revenue sports.
                            Not that it is totally within the subject you are speaking of, Doc, but it is travel related.......will you be at either the opening or the dedication of the CFIA?
                            Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                            Courage to change the things I can,
                            And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Joe Lavin is headed to the Rockford Icehogs after surviving the first round of cuts but falling to the second. No surprise. It was nice though to see him at the Blackhawks Training Camp Festival. Got to talk to him a little bit and he is very excited to be with the organization it seems. I got some pictures of him and Ill post them later today

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=589901
                              TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
                                Not that it is totally within the subject you are speaking of, Doc, but it is travel related.......will you be at either the opening or the dedication of the CFIA?
                                Definitely not either of those games.

I'd like to make it out for a game this season, but I'm not sure if that will work between family travel and spending considerably more on the racing thing than I would have imagined before I got into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X