Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Hockey is on the precipice. Please tell our President to step off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey is on the precipice. Please tell our President to step off.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Without a Peer has spread the word. I merely read their site; I do not write for it.

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/09/...f-friends.html

Doing my part
    as well.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Thanks to everyone!

Comment

Thanks to y'all who've written publicly and privately. We've still got a ways to go.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Still trying, Geof.

http://www.niagarasports.net/forum/v...p=10775#p10775
          GO PURPS!
          Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

I know I'm late to the game but.... signed.
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I'm on my lunch break and posting by phone so I can't provide the link but the Nashville City Paper, our local free paper, has an article up about UAH and our troubles. They seem to be drawing a connection because of Blake and the home grown thing. I haven't read it yet, that whole work thing, but I wanted to give others the heads up to so they can go look for it. I think the website is www.nashvillecitypaper.com but don't hold me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                I'm on my lunch break and posting by phone so I can't provide the link but the Nashville City Paper, our local free paper, has an article up about UAH and our troubles. They seem to be drawing a connection because of Blake and the home grown thing. I haven't read it yet, that whole work thing, but I wanted to give others the heads up to so they can go look for it. I think the website is www.nashvillecitypaper.com but don't hold me to it.

Link http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...hockey-program
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Things have slowed down a bit, 3132 signatures.

Anyone intending on telling the buddies in your section when you go to games?

Comment

Done

Comment

Just signed your on-line petition.

Best of luck in convincing UAH and the University of Alabama System to continue its support of the only Division I hockey program in the "Heart of Dixie"!

We'll see y'all in North Andover, MA on the 23rd of November!
                      "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

This SO needs to be on the first page. The signatures look like they've slowed down.

Just a wacky thought... are there any T-shirts available? Wearing those to hockey games could help get the word out.

Comment

A new UAH president was named today:

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/...ed_new_pr.html

From what I've read, Dr. Altenkirch has proven to be active in the community and a good fundraiser, two things that could serve UAH and the hockey program well. Hopefully Dr. Portera will defer any decisions himself, and allow Dr. Altenkirch to make his own decision, espeically in light of the efforts to date by the fans & alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                            A new UAH president was named today:

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/...ed_new_pr.html

From what I've read, Dr. Altenkirch has proven to be active in the community and a good fundraiser, two things that could serve UAH and the hockey program well. Hopefully Dr. Portera will defer any decisions himself, and allow Dr. Altenkirch to make his own decision, espeically in light of the efforts to date by the fans & alumni.
                            Don't hold your breath. Potera's set to do the dirty deed and then skip town.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerBlue View Post
                              Don't hold your breath. Potera's set to do the dirty deed and then skip town.
                              Is the announcement coming soon?

Comment

Bit sketched out about providing my address, etc. What is and isn't visible and to whom?
                                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X