Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Alright, so with less than 30 days to go until the Seawolves open in Wasilla against NAIT, I figured that it would be time to open this thread. Since I'm not really that detail oriented, I'll just touch on a few things.

1 - The new recruits look good this year. A line of Bailey, Mellor, and Allen would be awesome.

2 - For once, I don't think we have the toughest schedule in the nation. Anyone who's been a Seawolf fan for awhile knows that for some reason, we always seem to end up with one of the hardest schedules.

3 - As some of you may know, I made a (rather bold) prediction that the Seawolves would get home ice. I still stand by that prediction (despite the negative rep. that prediction got) because this year I honestly believe in this team. Last year they were competitive and this year I think they can be competitive enough to challenge for home ice.

So that is all. Feel free to discuss!
    Last edited by seawolffan; 11-06-2011, 01:43 AM.
    Go 'Wolves!

Originally posted by seawolffan View Post
    Alright, so with less than 30 days to go until the Seawolves open in Wasilla against NAIT, I figured that it would be time to open this thread. Since I'm not really that detail oriented, I'll just touch on a few things.

1 - The new recruits look good this year. A line of Bailey, Mellor, and Allen would be awesome.

2 - For once, I don't think we have the toughest schedule in the nation. Anyone who's been a Seawolf fan for awhile knows that for some reason, we always seem to end up with one of the hardest schedules.

3 - As some of you may know, I made a (rather bold) prediction that the Seawolves would get home ice. I still stand by that prediction (despite the negative rep. that prediction got) because this year I honestly believe in this team. Last year they were competitive and this year I think they can be competitive enough to challenge for home ice.

So that is all. Feel free to discuss!
    Welcome to the board, we always could use more uaa fans on here. I'm very optimistic about the team too, should be a great year, GO SEAWOLVES!!! nice to see some depth on the blueline this year.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Re: Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Thanks, you're right, I completely forgot about the blue line depth we have this year. I'm especially excited to see Austin Coldwell this year, he'll be a great addition.

Oh, and former Seawolf Luka Vidmar has signed a contract with the ECHL's Las Vegas Wranglers, so congrats to him!
      Go 'Wolves!

Comment

I am also excited about this year and our new recruits. Believe Allen will be one to take to the Div 1 level with no problem.
        Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Does UAA air the tourney like they air the regular games on the web?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I'm not positive, but I don't think they do. If anyone knows anything definitive please post the info.

I'm very excited to see what Mellor brings to the table. Our entire incoming class looks solid, but I am a bit nervous about how young this team is. There are 9 freshmen and 9 sophmores. Only two seniors! It may be a tough start, until the freshmen adjust to the speed of college hockey, but I think we'll be okay.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they stream the late games, with UAA playing, but not the early games with UAF. That's how it was other years, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                I watched the CC / UAA game real time on tv last year and the others on B2 or GCI online. I can't remember but I think it was B2.
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                Originally posted by duper
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  I'm not positive, but I don't think they do. If anyone knows anything definitive please post the info.

I'm very excited to see what Mellor brings to the table. Our entire incoming class looks solid, but I am a bit nervous about how young this team is. There are 9 freshmen and 9 sophmores. Only two seniors! It may be a tough start, until the freshmen adjust to the speed of college hockey, but I think we'll be okay.
                  They have shown all uaa home games including the kendall online, not uaf's games.

While i am happy to see Mellor, i'm very excited to see Scott Allen, and i think Eric Scheid will surprise a few people, and just a sidenote Suze, we've got 3 seniors (Leinweber, Gorham, & Portwood)
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Just an fyi, the Hockey team will be @ the all team meet & greet on Friday the 9th @ the wells fargo sports center, then there will be the Hockey only meet n greet picnic on Sunday the 11th @ the Cuddy center.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                      They have shown all uaa home games including the kendall online, not uaf's games.

While i am happy to see Mellor, i'm very excited to see Scott Allen, and i think Eric Scheid will surprise a few people, and just a sidenote Suze, we've got 3 seniors (Leinweber, Gorham, & Portwood)
                      Thanks for correcting my error. Either way, we still have a lot of underclassmen on the roster. Still, I think this years freshmen class is a solid one and I can't wait to see them in action.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Thanks for correcting my error. Either way, we still have a lot of underclassmen on the roster. Still, I think this years freshmen class is a solid one and I can't wait to see them in action.
                        Yes we do have lots of Underclassmen, but last year's freshman class showed lots of poise and confidence all season, and i think the caliber of players coming can do the same thing as well.

23 days till the exhibition game against NAIT

Comment

If anyone goes to the new arena groundbreaking celebration on Friday (I'm not sure yet if I can make it..) ..it will be interesting to see if Chancellor Case mentions adding ice to the facility.

I asked him about it just over a week ago. He said that they realize how important it is, and that they ARE currently pursuing the additional funding. They already have over $110 million, so how much more do they need anyway?

In any event.. I hope they address it!

*****http://i291.***********.com/albums/ll300/bluemontana/uaasportsarena.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                            If anyone goes to the new arena groundbreaking celebration on Friday (I'm not sure yet if I can make it..) ..it will be interesting to see if Chancellor Case mentions adding ice to the facility.

I asked him about it just over a week ago. He said that they realize how important it is, and that they ARE currently pursuing the additional funding. They already have over $110 million, so how much more do they need anyway?
                            A lot more. Ice making doesn't come cheap and construction costs are very high in Alaska.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

In any event.. I hope they address it!

*****http://i291.***********.com/albums/ll300/bluemontana/uaasportsarena.jpg******
                              I will be there and will be listening for that, although i'm not getting my hopes up for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X