• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Time for College Hockey to Leave the NCAA

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    From Miami's 2010-11 Media Guide:

Miami University, Please
    When referring to Miami, please use Miami University, Miami University (Ohio) or Miami (Ohio). Please do not use Miami of Ohio, University of Miami of Ohio, etc. The latter are not the proper names for our institution. Also in 1997, the University began using its new nickname, the RedHawks. It is one word with a capital H. Thank you.

Sean
    ... or use Dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Get your own dam popcorn. Oh, and get me a beer while you're up.
      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Can I get a beer as well?
      What this thread really needs is its own serving wench.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        What this thread really needs is its own serving wench.
        Not in the USCHO budget...unless Paula Weston wants to volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          From Miami's 2010-11 Media Guide:

Miami University, Please
          When referring to Miami, please use Miami University, Miami University (Ohio) or Miami (Ohio). Please do not use Miami of Ohio, University of Miami of Ohio, etc. The latter are not the proper names for our institution. Also in 1997, the University began using its new nickname, the RedHawks. It is one word with a capital H. Thank you.

Sean
          Miami (Ohio) is ok, but Miami of Ohio is not? God I love marketing people. And by love, I mean hate.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Miami (Ohio) is ok, but Miami of Ohio is not? God I love marketing people. And by love, I mean hate.
            I would imagine that "Miami (Ohio)" is intended for print, while "Miami of Ohio" is aimed at broadcasters, who are the real problem as far as the university is concerned. It's understandable why we make the effort to differentiate our brand, but kind of a lost cause at this point.

You would be suprised how many people legitimatley believe that Miami of Ohio is the offical school name.
            Last edited by MUhawks628; 08-31-2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              I'm not a marketing person, yet I completely understand the difference between a parenthetical added for clarity and a bastardization of a school's name.

They don't teach you that at Dartmouth of New Hampshire? Really? What do you mean that's not the school's name? I grew up on the NH-Mass border and always added that for clarity, since people never knew if you were referring to Dartmouth of New Hampshire or UMass-Dartmouth. Weird that it would bother people if that caught on.
              BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
              CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
              2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
              2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                ... or use Dynasty
                I like "the Dynasty of tUoMoO"

It flows.

Maybe tDotUoMoO.

That works fine for the RedMen.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  I would imagine that "Miami (Ohio)" is intended for print, while "Miami of Ohio" is aimed at broadcasters, who are the real problem as far as the university is concerned. It's understandable why we make the effort to differentiate our brand, but kind of a lost cause at this point.

You would be suprised how many people legitimatley believe that Miami of Ohio is the offical school name.
                  That's what your school gets for making a bet with some small private school in Florida over who gets to keep the original name based on football national titles.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    That works fine for the RedMen.
                    The who?
                    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

• Re: It's Time for College Hockey to Leave the NCAA

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      That's what your school gets for making a bet with some small private school in Florida over who gets to keep the original name based on football national titles.
                      University of Miami - Coral Gables, FL

Miami University - Oxford, OH

Different names aside, if their NTs all get vacated can we have the name back, getting the ones from the 80s could be tough, be we can work on this?
                      Last edited by MUhawks628; 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

University of Miami - Coral Gables, FL

Miami University - Oxford, OH

You sure its not Miami of Ohio?? I could have sworn I saw it on wikipedia that way.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                          You sure its not Miami of Ohio?? I could have sworn I saw it on wikipedia that way.
                          Now I finally know why Wikipedia isn't a legitimate source for academic papers!

(I'm totally in a hockey picture on Miami's wiki page /flex)

Comment

Now I finally know why Wikipedia isn't a legitimate source for academic papers!

(I'm totally in a hockey picture on Miami's wiki page /flex)
                            For those of you keeping score at home, that's 1!!

It just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              "could of" It's "Could have" you freakin ijit!
                              true. I think people are thinking phonetically (sp?) "could've" so they chop off the "h" when they say it. IF THEY ACTUALLY WRITE OUT "could of" I'd say *** are you talking about?
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
                                The who?
                                Sorry- Redskins.

so tDotUoMoO Redskins.

Comment

Working...
                                X