Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Time for College Hockey to Leave the NCAA

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
    Any recreational program run by a university. All the MCLA lacrosse - http://www.collegelax.us/. The new top-tier college football program a la Mark Cuban, i.e. new college bowl subdivision (still in discussion phase but don't blink - it might happen real soon).
    Wait- you don't have a club hockey team? I thought everybody did. Heck, even UM has one at the Dearborn campus.

Maybe you can talk Eastern Michigan's club team to call themselves the Hurons.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      let's talk about national championships in the last decade. you guys probably don't remember what winning one was like, but it used to be a big thing.
      you guys probably don't remember what winning was like, but it used to be a pride thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        wrong, dumb ***. if you think it is that easy to avoid a ******* idea like title IX, you are sadly mistaken. title IX has nothing to do with the ncaa, it is the federal government.
        Sweet. Maybe The Fighting Sioux can secede from the union at the same time they secede from the NCAA?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My analysis tells me the NCAA provides no value to college hockey.
          Maybe you should reanalyze, then... ...while the NCAA is far from perfect, it does provide more than a 16 team tourney. Also, expand on your analysis...I would love to see how you came to this conclusion. Anything supporting your stance would have to be comical at best.

If this is about a feeble attempt to retain "Fighting Sioux", I must say that wrecking havoc on the sport as a whole to fulfill some ill-fated agenda is just plain ignorant. The sport as a whole is way more important than anyone's nickname.

Comment

Wrong. A school can remain a member of the NCAA in some sports but not in others. If you have an example of your theory being played out in reality, please provide it.
            From the 2011-12 NCAA Division I Manual

3.2.4.5 Application of Rules to All Recognized Varsity Sports. The constitution, bylaws and other legislation of this Association, unless otherwise specified therein, shall apply to all teams in sports recognized by the member institution as varsity intercollegiate sports and that involve all-male teams, mixed teams of males and females, and all-female teams. To be recognized as a varsity sport, the following conditions must be met:
            (a) The sport shall be one in which the Association conducts championships, except as provided in Bylaw
            20.9.4.1.1 or an emerging sport for women per Bylaw 20.02.4; (Revised: 1/11/89, 1/11/94, 1/10/95,
            1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)
            (b) The sport officially shall have been accorded varsity status by the institution’s president or chancellor or
            committee responsible for intercollegiate athletics; (Revised: 3/8/06)
            (c) The sport is administered by the department of intercollegiate athletics;
            (d) The eligibility of student-athletes participating in the sport shall be reviewed and certified by a staff member designated by the institution’s president or chancellor or committee responsible for intercollegiate
            athletics policy; and (Revised: 3/8/06)
            (e) Qualified participants in the sport shall receive the institution’s official varsity awards.
            3.2.4.5.1 Intent to Sponsor a Varsity Sport. Once an institution evidences an intent or commitment
            to sponsor a sport on a varsity level (e.g., official announcement that competition will be conducted on a
            varsity basis, employment of individuals to coach the varsity team), the institution must begin applying
            NCAA recruiting regulations to the applicable sport. (Adopted: 1/14/97)

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I'm into this idea IF and only IF we get a college hockey video game!
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                I'm into this idea IF and only IF we get a college hockey video game!
                Right, that will happen when we have a Big Ten Hockey Conference.
                Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Who's making the popcorn for this???
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
                    Right, that will happen when we have a Big Ten Hockey Conference.
                    So you are going on record for a college hockey video game in 2013?

At least we know who to blame now.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      So you are going on record for a college hockey video game in 2013?

At least we know who to blame now.
                      Best day eva. Where can we pre-order?

Comment

Is Midwestern Collegiate Richard-Measuring still a club sport?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Best day eva. Where can we pre-order?
                          EAsportscouldcarelessaboutcollegehockey.com
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            EAsportscouldcarelessaboutcollegehockey.com
                            That link doesn't work. Try: EAsportscouldn'tcarelessaboutcollegehockey.com
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                              That link doesn't work. Try: EAsportscouldn'tcarelessaboutcollegehockey.com
                              Naturally this situation calls for

But I'll be ****ed, neither site worked.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                But I'll be ****ed, neither site worked.
                                I guess that shows just how little they care.
                                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X