PDA

View Full Version : How About A D3 Match-up At Frozen Fenway...?

LakerEagleLover
08-28-2011, 05:44 AM
They are icing up the Green Monster in January and bringing in a D1 doubleheader....any D3 schools in New England moving games to Fenway Park???

PrezdeJohnson09
08-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Norwich makes their Boston roadtrip the following weekend to Babson and UMass-Boston. :(

Babson is at UMass-Dartmouth on Jan. 7...

bakdraft21
08-28-2011, 11:21 AM
They are icing up the Green Monster in January and bringing in a D1 doubleheader....any D3 schools in New England moving games to Fenway Park???
I'm pretty sure they played prep school games there last year so its NOT out of the question, Im sure its WHO you know to get a game in.

NUProf
08-28-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm pretty sure they played prep school games there last year so its NOT out of the question, Im sure its WHO you know to get a game in.

Nobody will ever break the record for empty seats at a College hockey game that Adrian set last year. All in all it was still a really neat opportunity for them to play that outdoor game.

UNHHurstFan
08-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Or who can PAY! My understanding was that the prep schools (or a financially able parent/sponsor) actually had to pay a significant amount to be able to play at Fenway last year. I'm sure it was a great experience and worth the money but...

bayliner2555
08-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Nobody will ever break the record for empty seats at a College hockey game that Adrian set last year. All in all it was still a really neat opportunity for them to play that outdoor game.

NUProf, I find it equally interesting that with 1470 official paid attendance, it set an all time record attendance for an Adrian home hockey game, if playoff games are not counted.
Arrington Arena seating capacity of 550 will be increased by the end of the 2011-2012 season with the additionof seating and a restaurant above the bench area. Entrance will be from the outside of the arena. Construction has begun.

NUProf
08-30-2011, 03:07 PM
NUProf, I find it equally interesting that with 1470 official paid attendance, it set an all time record attendance for an Adrian home hockey game, if playoff games are not counted.
Arrington Arena seating capacity of 550 will be increased by the end of the 2011-2012 season with the additionof seating and a restaurant above the bench area. Entrance will be from the outside of the arena. Construction has begun.

It sounds like the program has been even more successful than anticipated when it was launched - or it least has been successful a lot quicker. I wasn't maligning your team here at all just, still contemplating what a crowd of 1470 would have looked like in that cavernous stadium. That's a lot of empty seats.

vcxc3200
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
i guess every seat that was filled was a good one!

ADRdogs
08-30-2011, 09:11 PM
It sounds like the program has been even more successful than anticipated when it was launched - or it least has been successful a lot quicker. I wasn't maligning your team here at all just, still contemplating what a crowd of 1470 would have looked like in that cavernous stadium. That's a lot of empty seats.

We did have a lot of elbow room.

Hammer
08-30-2011, 09:14 PM
I had plenty of elbow room, seeing as I was on the field, and at one point, next to the bench. :D

It was one hell of an experience. Anyone who gets an opportunity to do something similar should jump at the opportunity. You will not regret it. Those of you that don't, well, it's your loss.

PuckVoice
08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know how long the Red Sox plan on leaving the ice in AFTER the Hockey East doubleheader?

PuckVoice
08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know how long the Red Sox plan on leaving the ice in AFTER the Hockey East doubleheader?

Norwich makes their Boston roadtrip the following weekend to Babson and UMass-Boston.

Prez ... Seems to me it would be worth it to move that Babson game up a day or three if need be to get the chance to play it on the hallowed ice below the Green Monster.

joecct
08-31-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't think Salem St. - Fitchburg St. is going to draw a heck of a lot. :D

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Norwich makes their Boston roadtrip the following weekend to Babson and UMass-Boston. :(

Prez, did you already know that things were in motion back then? If you did: shame on you :)

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Prophetic, or slyly dropping a hint?

wickfan
12-03-2011, 09:30 PM
norwich is playing babson jan 13th at 3 30 at fenway park befor the harvard game

Hammer
12-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I would encourage any of you who are able, to attend that game, regardless of school affiliation. One, it's good for D-3 hockey. Two, it's a wonderful experience. I've been to two outdoor games (2001 at Michigan State, and 2010 at Michigan last year), and I had nothing but fun at both.

PrezdeJohnson09
12-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I would encourage any of you who are able, to attend that game, regardless of school affiliation. One, it's good for D-3 hockey. Two, it's a wonderful experience. I've been to two outdoor games (2001 at Michigan State, and 2010 at Michigan last year), and I had nothing but fun at both.

I'll be there in the press box! :)

norm1909
12-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll be there in the press box! :)

Yeah, I had to get a press box, I was tired of the paper boy leaving it on the ground.

PSUChamps2001
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
If only the game was at 100 i could hit that one then swing the midd psu game at 7