Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCHA teams will join WCHA

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
    The only satisfaction I would get out of going the NCHC would be all of the crying from Goon and many other dirty UNDies.
    I think I would get as much satisfaction out of seeing you boys change your story
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      I think I would get as much satisfaction out of seeing you boys change your story
      Many of us agree. It was ill advised to make any kind of statement at that time. The situation was far too fluid to take any kind of firm stance after having a bomb dropped on the league.

Comment

Many of us agree. It was ill advised to make any kind of statement at that time. The situation was far too fluid to take any kind of firm stance after having a bomb dropped on the league.
        Just giving you a hard time

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Honestly, you have every right to. I don't care for the say one thing do another BS. Don't worry, you didn't hurt my feelings.

It's time for the Gophers to get back to NCAAs. Good luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            If that happens, and many SCSU fans agree with me, you guys are *ing morons who don't ever deserve any respect at all. Buncha hypocrites. Stick to your guns.

Sincerely,

A guy who wished the BiG Mistake never happened, along with the NaCHo(C) Conference.
            Personally I wish it didn't have to come this, but they have no choice. If they don't go you know damm well someone else from the WCHA would. Potter got a lot of heat for what he said from alums/boosters and I have heard he is on the hot seat right now. I am sure he is hoping Gino's connections save him.
            Last edited by scsutommyboy; 09-14-2011, 04:16 PM.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

HA! Cloud fans barely even make the 1hr trip to Minneapolis! You think they are going to travel out of state in large numbers?
              You're right...SCSU fans travel for shyte! The only fans the travel in any real numbers are the UND fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie679 View Post
                You're right...SCSU fans travel for shyte! The only fans the travel in any real numbers are the UND fans.
                and the only reason for that is the beet harvest is over and we are all out of work...

Comment

I think it would be funny to see a president say that he doesn't want to be in a league that he was never invited to join in the first place. Then have to back track. I still don't see them getting in the NCHC anyway.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Honestly, you have every right to. I don't care for the say one thing do another BS. Don't worry, you didn't hurt my feelings.

It's time for the Gophers to get back to NCAAs. Good luck this season.
                    We can only hope so, Bronze. I will be there watching either way. Just got my tickets in the mail yesterday for the two games @Cloud. Looking forward to coming out to the dugout for a little pregame too

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      I think it would be funny to see a president say that he doesn't want to be in a league that he was never invited to join in the first place. Then have to back track. I still don't see them getting in the NCHC anyway.
                      Whatever.

Meanwhile, time is running out regarding the 30-day offers tendered to BGSU and WMU last month. Somewhat surprised no response from BGSU at this time based upon comments from some of their athletics personnel or administration officials at the time of the offers were made by the WCHA. IMHO, it must be frustrating for BSGU which appears to be in a situation where it wants more time to decide what is best for their program.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        Whatever.

Meanwhile, time is running out regarding the 30-day offers tendered to BGSU and WMU last month. Somewhat surprised no response from BGSU at this time based upon comments from some of their athletics personnel or administration officials at the time of the offers were made by the WCHA. IMHO, it must be frustrating for BSGU which appears to be in a situation where it wants more time to decide what is best for their program.
                        Bowling Green is waiting for Western who's waiting for Notre Dame.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Who is waiting for TX who is waiting Oklahoma/Baylor who is waiting on TX A&M. Miss anybody?

Comment

And Notre Dame is still waiting for the Pope's decision.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

And the Irish don't give a **** about either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                                What is wrong with having the tourney at the regular season champions arena?
                                Not all the those towns can equip that many teams and their fan bases. If this ends up a 8 team league, you're talking about 3. If it ends up at 10, that's potentially four, if its 12, and they decide to have six move on, 5 more teams. Again, not even saying they'll have a HUGE fan base with them, but that's tough to support for those tiny towns. Hell, it'd be a stretch for St. Cloud to host a 6 team tourney, and they're in one of the best situations to.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                If that happens, and many SCSU fans agree with me, you guys are *ing morons who don't ever deserve any respect at all. Buncha hypocrites. Stick to your guns.

Sincerely,

A guy who wished the BiG Mistake never happened, along with the NaCHo(C) Conference.
                                You can call me a lot of things, hell you have, but if this happens and I do my victory dance, then you can't call me a hypocrite. As soon as the NCHC was formed I thought it was stupid and unnecessary, but if its gonna happen, I'd rather be on the inside looking out than vice-versa. Let's say that for SCSU tUMD and UND vs. MSU-M and BSU are a wash (they're not, but let's even say they are)... then my choice is play with DU, CC and UNO or MTU, UAA and the CCHA? Gee... lemme think. I enjoy travelling to the Ralph and the Qwest and I was looking forward to getting to see Amsoil and the Colorado barns. But if we bolt for the NCHC than outside of the in-state teams we leave behind, I'll miss one thing and one thing only... USCHO MTU fans. I'm sure we'll probably stay in the WCHA, and I'm sure we'll develop good relationships and some rivalries with the CCHA teams coming in, but I can't miss what I haven't tasted.

HA! Cloud fans barely even make the 1hr trip to Minneapolis! You think they are going to travel out of state in large numbers?
                                You forget that its not like there's a lot of us. Next time the Huskies play at Mariucci do an informal poll... stop every one in cardinal and black and ask if they attended SCSU. Throw out the kids with them and I'll bet 90% say they did. St. Cloud's in a community that still supports the Gophers as much or more than the Huskies. Its not like Minnesota, Wisconsin or North Dakota where EVERYBODY around there cheers for the Gophers, Badgers and Sioux. I'm not saying we travel well, but considering the small number of people who claim allegiance to team, we don't travel horribly either.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X