Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCHA teams will join WCHA

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    If it wasn't for the Gophers BSU would not be in the WCHA..... Let's wait and see what happens before you lay into what the gophers won't do. It only makes sense for the Gophers to play SCSU and Mankato home and home every year. that way they have one home weekend locked up and more important one road series locked up without having a hotel....
    Sorry, can you explain to me why it is the gophers that are responsible for BSU being in the wcha?
    31-0-0

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      "Oh my God! They killed Kenn ... er, UAH!"

"You ********!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9sDHOcLxdQ
      Yep, it's all funny. Maybe if these kids are lucky UAH can work out something similar to what Omaha's wrestling team did and have all their kids transfer en masse to another school...say Moorhead. Then the Atlanta Thrashers comparisons will be complete.
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Skate View Post
        Sorry, can you explain to me why it is the gophers that are responsible for BSU being in the wcha?
        Because without them pretty much demanding it they never would have been let in.
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Because without them pretty much demanding it they never would have been let in.
          They didn't "pretty much demand" anything. They were forced by the state legislature to support Bemidji's entry.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
            Yep, it's all funny. Maybe if these kids are lucky UAH can work out something similar to what Omaha's wrestling team did and have all their kids transfer en masse to another school...say Moorhead. Then the Atlanta Thrashers comparisons will be complete.
            Yeah, I'm dying with laughter over here. Perhaps all these comedians would like to partake in the seemingly unavoidable talks parents are going to have to have with their player(s) as their dream of playing DI hockey gets taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              So now every college hockey team west of Buffalo, NY, (except for USAFA and UAH) plus one (Penn State) has "they killed college hockey" blood on their hands.
              *****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kXnVoQ9ZFkQ/SZT8NTeg1HI/AAAAAAAAHWc/q2RvbV3-tSI/s400/40kKhorne01.jpg******
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Guess I missed those gopher demands in the media. Maybe it was all the trips they took to Bemidji or the invites to play at home, oh wait, that was UND and UMD.

I do remember Lucia supporting the move when interviewed, just like every other wcha team.
                31-0-0

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  *****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kXnVoQ9ZFkQ/SZT8NTeg1HI/AAAAAAAAHWc/q2RvbV3-tSI/s400/40kKhorne01.jpg******
                  I prefer this:

*****http://www.weirdal.com/images/alpoclg.jpg******
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                    Yeah, I'm dying with laughter over here.
                    I'm only laughing at the WCHA remnants (I'm looking at you SCSU, MTU, MSU-M, UAA, BSU) that were so bemoaning the evils of the Big Ten and NCHC doing what was only best for them and not looking out for the greater good of college hockey.

Now they've done the exact same thing.

Yesterday was a dark day for UAH.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm only laughing at the WCHA remnants (I'm looking at you SCSU, MTU, MSU-M, UAA, BSU) that were so bemoaning the evils of the Big Ten and NCHC doing what was only best for them and not looking out for the greater good of college hockey.

My point exactly.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The fans were bemoaning...the schools were however doing whatever they felt best. I'm still not happy that there isn't a home yet for UAH.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Not sure how this closes the door on UAH. 1) Not all teams have accepted and 2) even if they did, there would still be a 12th spot open, and 3) Moorhead hasn't declared they are moving up.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Seriously? You really have no clue.
                            Almost none of us were in favor of this merger. We wanted to form 2 conferences, with one of them having room to accomodate UAH. We don't want to leave them hanging out there with no where to go. Also, unlike *******es from UND and DU we aren't out there telling everyone how great this is going to be for everyone. This is bull**** for UAH just like it is for all of the schools in the "new" WCHA. I for one hate the decision because it kills UAH and you won't be seeing me trying to tell anyone from UAH that this is a good thing.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Seriously? You really have no clue.
                              Almost none of us were in favor of this merger. We wanted to form 2 conferences, with one of them having room to accomodate UAH. We don't want to leave them hanging out there with no where to go. Also, unlike *******es from UND and DU we aren't out there telling everyone how great this is going to be for everyone. This is bull**** for UAH just like it is for all of the schools in the "new" WCHA. I for one hate the decision because it kills UAH and you won't be seeing me trying to tell anyone from UAH that this is a good thing.
                              The outside chance for UAH is now for Notre Dame to go to Hockey East or stay independent and for Western and Bowling Green to go to the NCHC and for Moorhead and UAH to be the 11th and 12th teams in the WCHA.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                They didn't "pretty much demand" anything. They were forced by the state legislature to support Bemidji's entry.
                                Where the **** do you come up with this?

Originally posted by Can't Skate View Post
                                Guess I missed those gopher demands in the media. Maybe it was all the trips they took to Bemidji or the invites to play at home, oh wait, that was UND and UMD.

I do remember Lucia supporting the move when interviewed, just like every other wcha team.
                                While I think the statement that "MN pretty much demanded" BSU's entry into the WCHA is exaggerated, there was no bigger catalyst within the WCHA for the inclusion of BSU than Don Lucia.

The difference is, now there is only one program in jeopardy. Much better than multiple.
                                There are a lot of scenarios that could still play out, and more than a few of them would have UAH find a conference.

As I said before, the WCHA has extended the invitation to multiple programs facing a bleak outlook. It is now on those schools to determine what is realistic, and out of that what is in their best interest. Once it gets figured out where the 3 remaining CCHA schools are going (BGS, WMU, Notre Dame), and whether any Atlantic Hockey teams would seriously consider a move, leagues can determine whether or not to extend an invitation to UAH.

Comment

Working...
                                X