Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian 2011-12: The Next Generation

Oh, yes, she certainly did.

The solution to things like this is actually quite simple and inexpensive, and no, it does not include stoning of the referees. There is white padding on the pipe that runs down the middle of the net. Put that same padding around the back pipe of the net as well. It's going to make a distinct sound, and the puck has got to be much less likely to pop out of the net like it did tonight.

No team to my knowledge does this. Perhaps this needs to be looked at.
    Last edited by Hammer; 11-27-2011, 07:55 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Oh, yes.

The solution to things like this is actually quite simple and inexpensive, and no, it does not include stoning of the referees. There is white padding on the pipe that runs down the middle of the net. Put that same padding around the back pipe of the net as well. It's going to make a distinct sound, and the puck has got to be much less likely to pop out of the net like it did tonight.

No team to my knowledge does this. Perhaps this needs to be looked at.
      Back in the olden day (and this waaayyyyy back) I believe there was a piece of netting hanging about 1/2 way down from the middle of the top of the net. I think that would prevent the problem.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Inside the last minute, with the score still 2-1, Adrian scored the apparent tying goal. The referee waved the goal off, stating that the puck did not go into the net. Following the game, I spoke with the goal judge (and I'm guessing about a hundred others did the same). The goal judge saw the puck hit the inside bar of the net (not the inside of the cross bar, mind you), and come right back out. Meaning, the puck was indeed in the net.....

Plus Adrian put the puck back in the net before the whistle.

Comment

The goal would have been nice as it would have tied the game with very little time left. It was frustrating but also the Bulldogs did not play their normal game and did not really deserve the tie or win whichever may have occured. However it would have been nice to have some little success as the entire weekend was without many highlights.

I thought the official could have at least talked with the goal judge and gotten her opinion on what she saw. He NEVER even asked her anything. What's the use of having goal judges if the officials don't even confer with them if there is a question about a goal or no goal. It just appeared to be a very poor way to handle a questionable goal.

With all that behind them now it's time to take care of themselves and get their game back together. They have league play coming up and with the league now having the AQ it's all up to them to make the run towards the NCAA's. They are still a very young group that are learning to play together. They will only get better in time.

Also on a side note: Thank you Jeff Young for your contributions to Adrian College hockey. Jeff played his last home game for AC as he will be graduation at the end of the semester.

GO DOGS

Comment

I've never been a fan of CCHA officiating across the board, whether at Ferris as a student, Michigan as a season-ticket holder, or the first few years at Arrington.

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
            With all that behind them now it's time to take care of themselves and get their game back together. They have league play coming up and with the league now having the AQ it's all up to them to make the run towards the NCAA's. They are still a very young group that are learning to play together. They will only get better in time.
            I think that's going to be the theme of the 2nd half of the season. We're going to be a cross between "DAMMIT!!! WHAT WAS THAT?!?!" and "they're just freshmen, they're just freshmen". And in the end, we'll be fine. I think...

I just have one wish for this season. I'll reveal it in due time.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Maybe it isn't entirely the referee's fault?

After all, I believe Adrian is 2-6 against non-MCHA western region opponents over the last three seasons.

edit: 2-7
              Last edited by altazo; 11-28-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

No, this weekend certainly wasn't the fault of the officiating. The fault for that lies in our locker room. But I've been watching most of those officials for roughly 20 years, and I've never been overly impressed. I'm certainly not the only one.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                  Maybe it isn't entirely the referee's fault?

After all, I believe Adrian is 2-6 against non-MCHA western region opponents over the last three seasons.

edit: 2-7
                  I don't think anyone here is faulting Adrian's losses on the officiating. I thought the officiating was decent. I've seen a lot worse.

Adrian lost primarily because Eau-Claire and St. Thomas were well prepared, and shut them down.
                  With that said, the scores were still close, and the Bulldogs very nearly tied things up with a desperate effort in the last minute of both games.

Eau Claire are worthy champions, and were clearly the best team in the field.

These games are building blocks for post season play......and what happened 1,2 or 3 years ago doesn't define this team.This group are now winless vs. non MCHA west region opponents. They will get an opportunity improve their record when they travel to Stevens Point. Hopefully they will play better, and the games will provide positve momentum for the stretch run , and for the playoffs.

If you believe it's important to remind those at home of the program's record in region over the past 3 years feel free to keep us up to date.....but you should try to get the numbers right.

For Adrian hockey fans, this season's results. and the upcoming schedule,... are all that really matter.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm a fan of the Adrian program too.

I just think they should continue to embrace the underdog role when facing out of conference competition. NCHA schools in particular are very good at making highly skilled teams play disjointed and ugly.

That said, I very much like Adrian's chances when they head to Stevens Point.

Comment

I don't understand the point of a goal judge if you aren't going to use them. As an MCHA fan, I was hoping for two MCHA wins in Adrian, a pair at the MCHA/NCHA party and a split by Lake. Things obviously turned out different as goaltending let down LU against CSS, Marian let SNC get away with a tie (I can't believe I am saying that), Adrian didn't play their best and Lake could not keep up with St Olaf. At least Northland split with Bethel and Concordia managed a draw with St Johns.

I am very excited to see how the MCHA teams continue to develop as the season progresses. Adrian v. Marian, MSOE and LU could all be good weekends.

Comment

I agree, and had hoped as an overall conference we would have moved the needle more in our favour.
                        Unfortunately the MCHA schedule that our teams have played thusfar haven't prepared our best to play their best in these games. I believe we are heading in the right direction, but we need a higher and broader level competitive balance within the MCHA to contend in these N/C games.

Comment

Make no mistake about it, Adrian was outplayed this past weekend. They are still a young team learning how to play with each other. They bring lots of skills to the ice but they all haven't learned their role on the ice and how to play together. It will come in time. Hopefully this year. LOL. Eau-Claire and St. Thomas did a great job in stopping AC from getting anything going. They both deserve their wins.

It still was frustrating to not even have the offcial talk to the goal judge about the goal. Oh well, life goes on and so does Bulldog hockey.

GO DOGS
                          Last edited by AC Bulldog; 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
                            Make no mistake about it, Adrian was outplayed this past weekend. They are still a young team learning how to play with each other. They bring lots of skills to the ice but they all haven't learned their roll on the ice and how to play together. It will come in time. Hopefully this year. L
                            Keep the faith....SNC is also experiencing similar 'growing pains' with 11 new faces on the roster this season.
                            SNC Men:
                            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                            SNC Women:
                            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Is anyone getting either the audio or video live from the Bulldogs game tonight?

What about any live stats?

If so is there a different link then the one listed on the AC website?

Comment

https://www.cuw.edu/videoserver/athletics.cfm

That's what I've used tonight. It's been spotty, as I missed most of the 2nd period.

Audio only, from what I've been able to come up with.

Other than the fact that the announcer cannot pronounce Cousineau to save his shorts, they're doing nice work there tonight.

They're at 2nd intermission now, so you're not going to get anything at the moment.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X