• Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Season

An interesting article about this upcoming game from Mike Kraft
    http://www.oswegonian.com/sports/men...e-ice-knights/
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Jones is a battler that's for sure and the team is gaining more confidence in him each time he plays. His rebound control still needs work but as long as the team is ready to tie people up in front of the net it won't be much of an issue going forward. Hopefully if he gets the start against Brockport the team can help him get the shutout as he had one stolen from him in the first meeting and against Hamilton last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
        Jones is a battler that's for sure and the team is gaining more confidence in him each time he plays. His rebound control still needs work but as long as the team is ready to tie people up in front of the net it won't be much of an issue going forward. Hopefully if he gets the start against Brockport the team can help him get the shutout as he had one stolen from him in the first meeting and against Hamilton last week.
        Yes he has done well in net for sure, NOT SURE if he will play vs B'port, as they have beaten Genny,Elmira,Buff St, and played neumann close 2x and hobart close as well, they have 2 TOP scorers in Cody and Finnerty, who can change a game fast..should be a interesting weekend.......

Comment

I'm still not sold on Jones, I've seen him play and he's just not that great, I have yet to see him make any amazing plays.

Comment

In my opinion Jones kept them in the game against Curry with a couple of real big saves in the first two periods. He had some pretty solid saves against Brockport earlier in the year. That said I don't really think he has what it takes to start night in and night out. If nothing else he has become a pretty decent backup to give Hare a rest when it is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
              I'm still not sold on Jones, I've seen him play and he's just not that great, I have yet to see him make any amazing plays.
              You don't need to make amazing saves to be a good goalie, just be in the right position to make it difficult for the other team to score.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                His record is 4-0 with a .938 save% and 1.68 GAA... Not sold...Really???
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                  His record is 4-0 with a .938 save% and 1.68 GAA... Not sold...Really???
                  yes the games he played was

Brockport (7-10-2)
                  Potsdam (he got pulled and replaced with Hare) (6-10-2)
                  Curry (9-7-1)
                  Hamilton (7-8-1)

The only team with a winning record was Curry, I was at all 4 of those games and I didn't see anything I was impressed with. I'm not saying he's terrible, I'm just saying that from what I've seen I'm not sold on him. I definitely see why they pulled him in Potsdam, after that third goal he looked broken. I was also at that terrible game @Hobart last year after Beckwith got hurt, I thought he was mediocre. Maybe its just lack of experience in big games. He could be great, just nothing I've seen yet really shows me that, He did play well against Utica last year, but other than that...

Comment

Ok now it is starting to worry me a little. Mather was MIA again on the first leg of the roadie. Obviously he was not in the lineup, but was not seen in the crowd. Unless he hid well. I hope that everything is alright with him and that he can find his way back into the lineup sooner than later. Paulie was in the crowd tonight, so that is good to see that he is still supporting the boys. He is a classy kid.

Comment

I would imagine Mather has a fairly serious injury that they dont want to risk at this point,...as for the game slow start I guess bus legs then we picked it up..anything more on Josepher?? Must stop Cody,Finnerty and co. tonight

Comment

As I posted on the PSU thread, there are 4 tickets Sec 52 if anyone might want them for the Whiteout game.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

After a rousing weekend in the Genesee Valley run, Geneseo was a decisive victory while Brockport was a decent explosion that ended with a sad "phut".

Both games bore remarkable resemblances in the first by the Lakers dicking around alot around and behind the net, allowing the forecheck by the Knights and Eagles to snap a few up. Both made us pay in some fashion, direct or indirect on the scoreboard. It was fairly satisfying to see the return to the ice by Oz in the second as pretty decisive in general. Brown looked great in these matches, as did Leimbrock, Ayotte, Muise, and McConney - plenty of chances were generated around the net, and a decent number counted nicely.

The difference though came with Hare playing great at Geneseo (nothing could be done on the single Knight goal) and our guys stoned all the rushes from the second onward. They played at a strong caliber level that outmatched Geneseo, a fairly decent team at home for the most part, and capping the night with Anderson's first made it delicious. Brockport, especially in the 3rd, was sour. Oswego squandered the sizable cushion gained by a goal that was so soft a Twinkie would be impressed, and an ENG/SHG on a 6x4 situation that is likely to give the Brockport coach fits. Watching the last 1:42, when Oz's forecheck made the Eagles look silly in their own end (I don't think the goalie ever made the bench...), it never should have been 6-4. Hare let through a 5-holer that was pretty tough to watch, and the defensive effort just looked lazy. It looked like a case of OSU looking cocky and laying back something bad when they could have unleashed a much better beatdown.

I recall some people calling out Oz fans for not being satisfied with a win, just because the margin of victory was too small. Well, I would say that this B-port one was it. A couple of decent teams have screwed up against the Eagles, yes, but when Oz rang up 6 straight against this club, and then coasted at best, it was highly disappointing. Brockport has heart, and it was up to our guys to shatter it and clamp down. Dissect that comment as you wish.

Morrisville will hopefully grant the incentive of vengeance for the Lakers to sink their teeth into before going home again. Very pleased with our turnout on the road - we do indeed have some of the best fans in DIII in terms of quantity and voice. Geneseo is as impressive as always for home crowds, while Brockport...welp, Brockport has a handful of vuvuzelas to lend some non-vocal support. Sorry folks.
                          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                          this is for you."
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

I've got to say I'm always impressed with boots' puck control, he is very very skilled and it showed at brockport. I wish we had someone else to pair him with that could keep up with him and play off his strengths
                            Last edited by OSU2010; 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                              I've got to say I'm always impressed with boots' puck control, he is very very skilled and it showed at brockport. I wish we had someone else to pair him with that could keep up with him and play off his strengths
                              While I agree that Boots can be very good handling the puck, I think he often tries too hard. Many times have I seen him try to do a spin move, backhanded pass that completely misses the target and results in a turnover. If he sticks to fundamental hockey, he could be MUCH better. Glad he had a good night last night. He was due for one.

And good to see Chris Brown with the hat trick. And Jared Anderson picked up his first goal on Friday. Bout time!

Anyone have any updates on Mather? It's one thing if you don't play due to injury, but if you're not even traveling with the team, that sounds a little more serious.

Comment

Friday highlights:

Saturday to come
                                WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X