X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Season

Originally posted by Get-tha-puck-outtahere View Post
    I think that you think that you are bigger and better than the rest of us think!!!
    Ever since that morrisville thing...we look at you like a home game against
    our sisters. are ya kiddng? you came from behind to tie??? jeeeezus.
    Are you White Goodman????
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...66l469l2-2l2l0

Fast forward to 2:28
    Last edited by LakerAlum09; 11-12-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

They started slow again, their passing was horrible for most of the and Hare gave up a softie on the first goal. This has been their MO the last few times they have played the Mustangs at the CC. Mo'ville plays out of their minds against Oswego (the goalies in particular) but they gutted it out and got a tie, nearly a win. Brown, Boots and Leimbrock all had chances to win it in OT but came inches from doing so.

Whitelaw and Rodrigues looked completely lost with out Moodie so lets hope he is back soon. Ayotte was absolutely awful most of the night. Singleton was the only Laker that put in a really solid effort every shift. The lazy defensive and neutral zone play needs to go away or they will be going nowhere come playoff time.

Comment

I gotta admit.. It is entertaining to read this thread whenOswego loses or ties...
        Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
        2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Lakern28 and Laker Alum you make 2 great points here.
          1- Moodie out is a hugh hole for the Whilelaw line adn carried over into the game.
          2 Just why does Morrisville always seem to give the Lakers fits.
          Was't able to watch the game but listened to it.
          From what I have seen/listened to/read it seems that Josepher might be that true Offensive defenseman that the lakers need on the Power Play. Hopefully a Tommy "Bomber" McFall type.
          Oswego "89

Comment

Any else wonder whether Hare is the goalie to take us to Placid? He just doesn't seem to be able to consistently stop the tough shots. Early in last nights game is when you need your goalie to stand on his head for you. Not all give-aways in your end should turn into goals. Same thing vs. Genny, there goals were honest, but when does he make the big save that keeps us in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
              I gotta admit.. It is entertaining to read this thread whenOswego loses or ties...
              Aside from the Utica troll that dropped in, I would say it's pretty tame. This team really played horrible for 2 periods last night. This is a team they should have beaten easily. That's probably what THEY were thinking too.

Originally posted by Dashoftexas View Post
              Any else wonder whether Hare is the goalie to take us to Placid? He just doesn't seem to be able to consistently stop the tough shots. Early in last nights game is when you need your goalie to stand on his head for you. Not all give-aways in your end should turn into goals. Same thing vs. Genny, there goals were honest, but when does he make the big save that keeps us in the game?
              I wouldn't judge Hare based on last night. Several of those goals were due to horrible defense. You can stand on your head all night, but if the defense fails you...some pucks are going to get by.

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
              From what I have seen/listened to/read it seems that Josepher might be that true Offensive defenseman that the lakers need on the Power Play. Hopefully a Tommy "Bomber" McFall type.
              Josepher has the potential to be a monster. He's got a HARD slapshot and he seems to be right there when the big plays happen. I haven't seen him make too many mistakes.
              Last edited by LakerFan99; 11-13-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I have seen Hare play twice and Jones seveal times back to last year and I think it that either one can be a solid goalie for the Lakers. Sort of what the Cards did last year with their goalies. What will take the Lakers to Placid is the 5 players in front of who ever is in goal. There are still to may penalties and passes through the middle that don't help the goalie.
                I really can't say anything bad about either goalie for the times they have played they have done a nice job. I think the real concerns should start is if the Lakers start giving up 4+ goals every other game.
                Oswego '89

Comment

Lakers were too casual, sloppy and in a fog for 50 of the 65 minutes....they need an attitude adjustment...quick!
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Get-tha-puck-outtahere View Post
                    I think that you think that you are bigger and better than the rest of us think!!!
                    Ever since that morrisville thing...we look at you like a home game against
                    our sisters. are ya kiddng? you came from behind to tie??? jeeeezus.
                    hey buddie stir it up on another forum , your new here and these are your contributions?????.....We get it your an Oz hater.....move on....

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                      This team really played horrible for 2 periods last night.
                      Agreed...its amazing how many times you can hear and say for yourself that the Lakers are a "3rd period team" but how many times can this happen to them for a light to go on either in the players or the coaching? I'm not pointing fingers but just this year watching the game in Utica and now this game vs Morrisville...you have to ask yourself, 'where was the play in the 1st and 2nd period?' Both of those games they played up and beyond the skill level of the opposing teams in the 3rd period...at least what I think.

This is a team they should have beaten easily. That's probably what THEY were thinking too.
                      Unfortunately that is the way they have been thinking about the Mustangs since they began playing them. I think besides the first ever game they played the Mustangs (where they blew them out) every other game, especially those at the Campus Center, are the close games you would never think of but maybe should have. How many more times do the Mustangs need to "almost beat them" before they realize this is not a walk in the park (the one with the pond that is iced over - enough to play pond hockey on)?

I wouldn't judge Hare based on last night. Several of those goals were due to horrible defense. You can stand on your head all night, but if the defense fails you...some pucks are going to get by.
                      Saw a couple "soft goals" but your right, I was just thinking to myself - how can the defense (or well, offense for that matter) let that happen? I believe the offense passed a puck directly in front of the net once with no one there but a Mustang to intercept and put it to the back of the net?

Comment

I didnt see the game but after reading a bunch of these post Oz played like crap and was lucky to tie. That said they will come back with 0 pts next weekend if that continues,Moodie or not...look what happened to platty,buff st is young and has no fear, I think they have a lot of guys who grind it out, same with freddy, who have a bunch of giants on their team...I think this yr is going to be a lot harder for both oz and platty in the SUNYAC..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          I didnt see the game but after reading a bunch of these post Oz played like crap and was lucky to tie. That said they will come back with 0 pts next weekend if that continues,Moodie or not...look what happened to platty,buff st is young and has no fear, I think they have a lot of guys who grind it out, same with freddy, who have a bunch of giants on their team...I think this yr is going to be a lot harder for both oz and platty in the SUNYAC..
                          I don't see what the Oswego fans are complaining about. I did see the game online, and it looked like they played very well during the second half of the game. There was another team on the ice, too and Morrisville's goalie played very well. I do think the camera coverage is very good.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Highlights:

WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              I don't see what the Oswego fans are complaining about. I did see the game online, and it looked like they played very well during the second half of the game. There was another team on the ice, too and Morrisville's goalie played very well. I do think the camera coverage is very good.
                              Ok thnks for another view on the game, as we have all noticed some of us Oz fans are lets say ......

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                                Highlights:

Thanks for the video, boots on the 2nd goal killer move, lets just say he is crafty with the puck...

Comment

Working...
                                X