Clear All

• Versus College Hockey Television Deal

http://www.mediabistro.com/sportsnew...-hockey_b12705

Stay tuned.....
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: Versus College Hockey Television Deal

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Certainly cool but it's nothing that affects us here in the lowly D-III world.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Agreed. I highly doubt Versus will be coming to the Wego/Platty/Elmira/Northfield etc.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Agreed. I highly doubt Versus will be coming to the Wego/Platty/Elmira/Northfield etc.
        Unless they're like Time Warner and pick up the WTOP feed. But yeah Versus/NBC Sports would never do that.

For what it's worth, there's quite a few Oswego alums in upper management at NBC, every year during the media summit they put out a list of alumni in the television industry and there's been 2-3 at the tv programming level.

Comment

Anythings better than listening to the Minnesota homer announcers or the watching the horrible lighting at Denver

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            ...Ye of little faith...
            LakerEagleLover

Comment

Hope this doesn't interfere with NESN broadcasts of Hockey East.
              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                Unless they're like Time Warner and pick up the WTOP feed. But yeah Versus/NBC Sports would never do that.

For what it's worth, there's quite a few Oswego alums in upper management at NBC, every year during the media summit they put out a list of alumni in the television industry and there's been 2-3 at the tv programming level.
                The TOP broadcasts are some of the best in all of college hockey at the DI or DIII level. Puts my previous broadcasting for WNYO to shame. (Although, NYO is right up there with TOP in terms of broadcast quality.)
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post

This NBC woman is a Plattsburgh Alumna.

BTW, the Oswego vs Plattsburgh Communication Department thread is here.
                  Last edited by norm1909; 08-06-2011, 03:17 PM.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    This NBC woman is Plattsburgh Alumna.

BTW, the Oswego vs Plattsburgh Communication Department thread is here.
                    So we will be looking for that expose on Dateline any day now...

The good news is that college hockey is getting a national outlet - and while they might not run to Oz to carry the Whiteout Game live, there is a home for content that is consistent with their mission of growing the hockey fan base at all levels....I can see them adding D3 highlights and picking up a well produced D3 game on a delay basis for the graveyard shift.....
                    Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 08-06-2011, 02:39 PM.
                    LakerEagleLover

Comment

The few, the chosen, the righteous

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                      ...Ye of little faith...
                      That's two Biblical references (Naz thread) in one forum in one summer. Must be only us spiritual posters have the stamina to endure a hockeyless Summer (as I get ready for church).

Comment

Re: The few, the chosen, the righteous

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                        That's two Biblical references (Naz thread) in one forum in one summer. Must be only us spiritual posters have the stamina to endure a hockeyless Summer (as I get ready for church).
                        I remembered seeing the first one, but I think it flew over many peoples' heads.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

i'll be in the booth doing color for 90.7 wpnr in utica this season i believe. i may do women only. it's a lot to be decided right now. nonetheless, hopefully i can bring something new to the table.
                          Our bite is worse than our bark....
                          Top guys, out.

Comment

Working...
                          X