This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The College Hockey Championship Belt Part III

Doesn't rpi where some black now like SLU?

Comment

Oh, so anyone with red as a primary color. Does it count crimson, garnet, or scarlet (for Harvard, Union, and SLU, respectively)?
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Oh, so anyone with red as a primary color. Does it count crimson, garnet, or scarlet (for Harvard, Union, and SLU, respectively)?
        Scarlet is valid (just like cherry). But SLU's official colors are red, white, and black. So, no to all three of those schools.

It's only schools whose official colors are just red and white.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          Also BU, Wisconsin, and somebody else (Miami?)

The problem with it is that it doesn't get challenged very often.
          Yes, Miami, also Sacred Heart. Sean Pickett decided which teams were R&W. I disqualified myself being red-green colorblind. As burgie said, it doesn't get challenged much because besides for RPI and Cornell, each team is in a different league.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Doesn't rpi where some black now like SLU?
            But it isn't an official color.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to tOSU on retaining The Belt!
              Code:
                                 Current Holder         Next Defense
              The Belt           Ohio State             Alaska 10/28/2011
              AHA Belt           Air Force              Canisius 10/29/2011
              CCHA Belt          Michigan               Ferris State 10/28/2011
              ECAC Belt          Yale                   Princeton 10/28/2011 
              HEA Belt           Boston College         Massachusetts Lowell 10/28/2011
              WCHA Belt          Wisconsin              Nebraska Omaha 10/28/2011
              Ivy Belt           Yale                   Princeton 10/28/2011
              B1G Belt           Minnesota              Wisconsin 11/11/2011
              CHA Belt           Robert Morris          Niagara 01/27/2012
              New England Belt   Yale                   Dartmouth 10/29/2011
              Massachusetts Belt Boston College         Massachusetts Lowell 10/28/2011
              Michigan Belt      Western Michigan       Northern Michigan 10/28/2011
              Minnesota Belt     Minnesota              St. Cloud 11/18/2011
              New York Belt      Colgate                Niagara 10/28/2011
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In this day and age, when you can find a sponsor for just about anything, I'm a bit surprised that no one yet has actually crafted a physical belt that travels with the holder. Maybe NBC Sports can have the NBC Sports Championship BeltTM and televise each game at which it is at stake when their new contract kicks in....though I doubt it.

I suppose if this were European soccer or NASCAR, The Belt would have eight sponsors and look like a stretch of quilt!
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  In this day and age, when you can find a sponsor for just about anything, I'm a bit surprised that no one yet has actually crafted a physical belt that travels with the holder. Maybe NBC Sports can have the NBC Sports Championship BeltTM and televise each game at which it is at stake when their new contract kicks in....though I doubt it.

I suppose if this were European soccer or NASCAR, The Belt would have eight sponsors and look like a stretch of quilt!
                  That would be a bear for the television companies. Typically they determine their schedule before the season starts and notify the schools in advance. Even though they're a for-profit company, they still have to have some sort of a budget.

Comment

A Ralph Baer?
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: The College Hockey Championship Belt Part III

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Yes, Miami, also Sacred Heart. Sean Pickett decided which teams were R&W. I disqualified myself being red-green colorblind. As burgie said, it doesn't get challenged much because besides for RPI and Cornell, each team is in a different league.
                      RPI and Cornell play BU fairly often (once a year, sometimes every other year), so it can be passed around there as well. Sacred Heart also has a shot at it, though usually can't cash in.

That would be an interesting pre-season tournament, "The Red and White Challenge"... RPI, BU, Miami, and Wisconsin. (Sorry Cornell, it'd probably be in October, and Sacred Heart, if you still had Bear Trapp you'd be fun to play...)

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        A Ralph Baer?
                        -_- a

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          RPI and Cornell play BU fairly often (once a year, sometimes every other year), so it can be passed around there as well. Sacred Heart also has a shot at it, though usually can't cash in.

That would be an interesting pre-season tournament, "The Red and White Challenge"... RPI, BU, Miami, and Wisconsin. (Sorry Cornell, it'd probably be in October, and Sacred Heart, if you still had Bear Trapp you'd be fun to play...)
                          Someone else that understands the awesomeness of Bear Trapp.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                            Someone else that understands the awesomeness of Bear Trapp.
                            Heck, I friended him on Facebook back in my sophomore year! (he was a frosh at the time, same year as our first-to-10-wins game) Despite we ended up losing in overtime on his GWG.

Comment

Typically they determine their schedule before the season starts and notify the schools in advance. Even though they're a for-profit company, they still have to have some sort of a budget.
                              You are assuming they use their own equipment....if the colleges involved had a decent campus TV station, they could promote a national on-line only show using the campus TV feed and their own announcers. However, I was daydreaming, no need to splash cold water around
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Heck, I friended him on Facebook back in my sophomore year! (he was a frosh at the time, same year as our first-to-10-wins game) Despite we ended up losing in overtime on his GWG.
                                A couple of us(of which I'm the only one on the boards) do what we call a Bear Trapp, which is putting your shirt over your face and chugging you beer.
                                RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Working...
                                X