Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mario Lucia, when will he announce what college he will play for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Lucia, when will he announce what college he will play for?

Last I read (about ten days ago) Mario had said he would be announcing his decision on where he will play college hockey after the Minnesota Wild camp was over. I believe the camp is over now (I could be wrong). Does anyone know what the latest is? When will he announce, will it be this week? Thank you!
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Re: Mario Lucia, when will he announce what college he will play for?

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    Last I read (about ten days ago) Mario had said he would be announcing his decision on where he will play college hockey after the Minnesota Wild camp was over. I believe the camp is over now (I could be wrong). Does anyone know what the latest is? When will he announce, will it be this week? Thank you!
    He's announcing to Wisconsin or Nodak very soon
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      He's announcing to Wisconsin or Nodak very soon

No, there is too much choke by Wisconsin's coach, and too much FF choke with UND's team. I assume he will go to Notre Dame.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

If he wants to win he will go to a Hocket East team

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          No, there is too much choke by Wisconsin's coach, and too much FF choke with UND's team. I assume he will go to Notre Dame.
          \

blah blah blah. in all seriousness though. why wouldn't he choose to play @ UMN? the pressure of playing for dad?

the only examples I can think of where active coaches sons didn't play for them was woog at NMU so many years ago. any others?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

MN State Morehead.
            Bank on it.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              \

blah blah blah. in all seriousness though. why wouldn't he choose to play @ UMN? the pressure of playing for dad?

the only examples I can think of where active coaches sons didn't play for them was woog at NMU so many years ago. any others?
              Steve Woog at NMU

The younger of the Eaves brothers played at BU(?) - though IIRC he comitted and/or started there before dad was hired at UW

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Steve Woog at NMU

The younger of the Eaves brothers played at BU(?) - though IIRC he comitted and/or started there before dad was hired at UW
                Patrick and Ben Eaves both played at BC.
                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Both Ben and Patrick Eaves played at BC. Ben from 2000-04, Patrick from 2002-2005.

Comment

BU....BC....same thing.
                    Which one was older, wasn't he there for a couple seasons before the BADgers hired pops?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      BU....BC....same thing.
                      Which one was older, wasn't he there for a couple seasons before the BADgers hired pops?
                      both Ben and Patrick commited to BC before UW contacted Mike about the job, IIRC.

they *may* have chosen that route w/dad at the helm as well as I recall one of them saying they were uneasy w/the pressure that would have been generated by having dad as coach and the fact Mike Eaves is UW's all-time leading scorer

Comment

Mike Guentzel's sons played for Notre Dame and Colorado College.
                        Notre Dame Hockey
                        Reigning Big Ten Champions
                        Reigning CCHA Champions
                        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                          And his youngest son is playing MN high school hockey for Hill Murray again this year. Will be interesting to see if he plays for UMN now that Mike is back with the Gophers.

Comment

Purely speculative but I doubt Mario is worried about the pressure, he's played with a target on his back for years, and he's going to have plenty as a high Wild draft pick. I'm guessing he's got legitimate concerns whether or not his dad will be fired during his college career. That would be awkward...

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                              The son (Gabe) at Colorado College is still playing, he will be a senior at CC this coming season. By the way, Gabe's grandfather (Mike's father) Frank is a riot! Since Frank now lives in the Phoenix area he attended a few CC games last season, and our group just happened to come upon Frank prior to a game and we invited him to join us at our table for dinner.

On another occasion Frank and I were talking after a game in the concourse with the father of a #1 round draft pick when some brass from a certain NHL team approached us. Needless to say I can not tell you here what Frank said about the brass behind their back. You can imagine what happened to the beer that was in my mouth. Great guy!!

Go CC Tigers!
                              Last edited by CCtig; 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM.
                              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Working...
                              X