Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faribanks Daily: Rumors of the WCHA announcing two applicants this week? NMU and ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faribanks Daily: Rumors of the WCHA announcing two applicants this week? NMU an

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
    I live in the Soo, Einstein. The Ontario airport is served by more than Air Canada.
    Yay! Let's argue about Bearskin Airlines (Service to Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, Timmins, Ottawa) and Porter Airlines (Service to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, New York, Boston and Chicago)!!!1!!!11!!!!
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Re: Faribanks Daily: Rumors of the WCHA announcing two applicants this week? NMU an

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Yay! Let's argue about Bearskin Airlines (Service to Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, Timmins, Ottawa) and Porter Airlines (Service to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, New York, Boston and Chicago)!!!1!!!11!!!!
      Well, I'm not sure where he gets off telling me what airlines service the airports around where I live.

Must be from Minnesota...all arrogant 'n stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
        I live in the Soo, Einstein. The Ontario airport is served by more than Air Canada.
        Just checking what they have arriving and departing it looks like it's either Air Canada from Toronto, Porter out of Toronto (both of which are DASH-8's), Bearskin Lake Air Service out of Sudbury or Thunder Bay, Morningstar out of North Bay (Cessna Caravan...a tad small), and SkyLink out of Sudbury (Beech-1900).

But, you're right it is more than Air Canada. Nome of them are really feasible for a hockey team though.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The UAA athletic director was on the radio this afternoon talking about the new UAA sports arena (that does not include hockey). A caller asked him about the "new" WCHA and would _airbanks be part of it, and Cobb said UAA was going to fight very hard to get UA_ into the WCHA. He said we should know something in a month. I hope it doesn't take that long, but this thing seems to be a real mess right now.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

A little touchy today. My point was SCSU fans were saying nothing......
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              The UAA athletic director was on the radio this afternoon talking about the new UAA sports arena (that does not include hockey). A caller asked him about the "new" WCHA and would _airbanks be part of it, and Cobb said UAA was going to fight very hard to get UA_ into the WCHA. He said we should know something in a month. I hope it doesn't take that long, but this thing seems to be a real mess right now.
              I wouldn't mind having UA in the WCHA, but I don't want 7 teams. Who is the 8th team going to be?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                I wouldn't mind having UA in the WCHA, but I don't want 7 teams. Who is the 8th team going to be?
                Lake Superior State would be the most obvious choice both in terms of history and geographic fit.

Comment

I would assume we should know more before before the CCHA meetings in August. CCHA teams are suppose to declare their intentions by then. I wonder what UAA and UAF will be willing to offer and if the WCHA can get a waiver on travel, etc.

MSU-Moorhead or LSSU
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I

MSU-Moorhead or LSSU
                    Or WMU as well. WMU might be getting the cold shoulder from the NCHC.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I would assume we should know more before before the CCHA meetings in August. CCHA teams are suppose to declare their intentions by then. I wonder what UAA and UAF will be willing to offer and if the WCHA can get a waiver on travel, etc.

MSU-Moorhead or LSSU
                      I could be wrong but I doubt moorhead will get the money needed.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

This is what I am thinking as well, but perhaps they will prove the doubters wrong.

Comment

Dang, it's a Suze sighting!
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

8 teams is a nice sounding number and all. But, the non-conference schedule would be only 6 games (not counting the potential 4 exempt games for playing UAA and UAF in Alaska). 6 teams ain't enough though. 7 might be the right number if you ask me. With an unbalanced schedule (play everyone 3 times?) you might just be able to find a palatable solution to the horror of flying all the way to the great white north 2 times.

Something unrelated:
                            And to everyone in the press and here quoting WCHA rules ... do you really think that the WCHA can't just vote to set aside rules that in the past made conference membership more of a pain? Please quit quoting current WCHA rules which were put in place by hegemonic entities in order to suppress the less powerful members of the former conference.

Comment

They seem to be on their way, but I don't think the WCHA is smart to leave a spot open for a team that is still theoretical.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                They seem to be on their way, but I don't think the WCHA is smart to leave a spot open for a team that is still theoretical.
                                Exactly. That's why Moorhead has given themselves that three-month window to get enough money to prove that starting a program is feasible - and that's just the first step. Whether or not they can jump through all the hoops remains to be seen.

After Fairbanks (which I'm expecting sooner or later), I doubt that an eighth team gets added in any hurried fashion. There's at least a whole 'nother year for these things to get hammered out, and other decisions should be expected by then.

Comment

Working...
                                X