Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faribanks Daily: Rumors of the WCHA announcing two applicants this week? NMU and ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Faribanks Daily: Rumors of the WCHA announcing two applicants this week? NMU an

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    There were three rumored applicants and one of them was NMU. Who were the other two since UFA didn't apply?
    I highly doubt a school like UA_ will actually apply unless they know they have the votes so they probably have "applied" as far as the 3 rumors were, but nothing "official" yet.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Faribanks Daily: Rumors of the WCHA announcing two applicants this week? NMU an

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I highly doubt a school like UA_ will actually apply unless they know they have the votes so they probably have "applied" as far as the 3 rumors were, but nothing "official" yet.
      this

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        They don't bring money, fans or prestige to the league. Those titles are a long forgotten version of LSSU.

It makes sense to want to go to 8, and I guess if all things are equal in other areas, relatively close proximity is a selling point.
        Nice reply from a Gopher....how's your program looking these days? Last I checked, the best program in the state, hands down is UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by RamboWildcat View Post
          Nice reply from a Gopher....how's your program looking these days? Last I checked, the best program in the state, hands down is UMD.
          Based on?
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
            Dear all:

I have a few comments:

1. I am rooting for LSSC to get into the WCHA. The 3 MN teams and 3 Yooper teams seem like a great base to me (how about a MN Cup or Yooper Cup for the schools who win the most conference games? Sorry).

LSSC became LSSU 23 years ago.

Comment

I agreed with this article: http://www.newsminer.com/pages/full_...s_editors_desk
              Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Bruce McLeod will visit UAF in August.

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story...sports_bullets
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Just beat me to it Squarebanks...

That is probably a good sign. We just have to hope there are no erupting volcanoes, rumbling earthquakes, early freeze warnings, and that his luggage also accompanies him on his flight. Other than that were good to go.

I found it interesting that the Nooks spent about $2.4m on hockey operations last year, second highest in the CCHA. Not surprising really, just interesting. It will also be interesting to see if there are opportunities to show community support during his visit.

I'm sure McLeod has been to Anchorage before, but this may be his first opportunity to actually visit Alaska.

Now, where did my daughter store her old high school cheer pom-poms....

Comment

Originally posted by RamboWildcat View Post
                    Thanks, I needed a good laugh today - and your post is one of the single most ridiculous things I've read on this site in a long time. Kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I agree with you, I mean the head of the WCHA is visiting Fairbanks, and the U in August. UAF has "applied" one way or another.
                      All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                        I agree with you, I mean the head of the WCHA is visiting Fairbanks, and the U in August. UAF has "applied" one way or another.
                        I agree, if he's coming up then it's moved past the idle chit-chat phase.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

The Central Collegiate Hockey Association is seeking to survive by replacing the major schools that have abandoned its ranks with smaller schools from the East Coast. CCHA officials met Tuesday with Mercyhurst, Canisius, Niagara and Robert Morris.

Mr Cole may need a slight lesson in geography. None of the schools talking to the CCHA is any closer to the east coast than Fairbanks is to Anchorage. Canisius and Niagara are in the Buffalo area, about 375 miles away. Robert Morris is in Pittsburgh and Mercyhurst is in Erie, PA.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Anything on the "other side" of the Mississippi is the east coast, ...or close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              The Central Collegiate Hockey Association is seeking to survive by replacing the major schools that have abandoned its ranks with smaller schools from the East Coast. CCHA officials met Tuesday with Mercyhurst, Canisius, Niagara and Robert Morris.

Mr Cole may need a slight lesson in geography. None of the schools talking to the CCHA is any closer to the east coast than Fairbanks is to Anchorage. Canisius and Niagara are in the Buffalo area, about 375 miles away. Robert Morris is in Pittsburgh and Mercyhurst is in Erie, PA.
                              The states are on the East Coast?
                              UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                                The states are on the East Coast?
                                Like saying Fairbanks is a school on the Pacific Ocean.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X