X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame to join Big Ten?

thoughts?
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Re: Notre Dame to join Big Ten?

Last I heard the Big Ten had offered, but wanted them to join the Big Ten in all sports.

And last I heard Notre Dame wasn't too keen on doing that.

If the Big Ten offered Notre Dame the chance to join the Big Ten in hockey with no strings attached in terms of joining the conference for other sports, I think it would be a done deal already.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      Last I heard the Big Ten had offered, but wanted them to join the Big Ten in all sports.

And last I heard Notre Dame wasn't too keen on doing that.

If the Big Ten offered Notre Dame the chance to join the Big Ten in hockey with no strings attached in terms of joining the conference for other sports, I think it would be a done deal already.
      But the Big Ten won't make that offer. And I'm not so sure it would be a done deal due to Notre Dame's deal with the Big East for everything not football.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

*****http://i56.tinypic.com/23sudeh.jpg******
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          But the Big Ten won't make that offer. And I'm not so sure it would be a done deal due to Notre Dame's deal with the Big East for everything not football.
          I think Notre Dame would prefer to play in the Big Ten in hockey rather than Hockey East. But, as you said, the Big Ten will likely never make this offer, nor do I think they should.

Comment

Huskyfan, we love you, but...I have to agree with soh on the *facepalm* here.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Huskyfan, we love you, but...I have to agree with soh on the *facepalm* here.
              Yeah, I don't mean to be a jerk or anything. I just couldn't pass up a golden opportunity to post a picture of Ironhide facepalming.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

wishful thinking. They will join hockey east IMO

Comment

Joe Thornton to be traded?
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                    wishful thinking. They will join hockey east IMO
                    I hope you mean wishful thinking on Notre Dame's part. Nothing against Hockey East, but the Big Ten has their own TV network and gets 100% of advertising revenue. No way Hockey East can compete with the new BTHC from a financial standpoint. Not saying it's a landslide financially, but it won't be close enough to be insignifant either.
                    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 07-18-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

yeah yeah yeah

here's my thinking. if ND was going to join "THE NATIONAL" they would have been in on the "big" press conference and announced as a shiny new toy for UND and DU to play with. CCHA, I don't think so. Hockey East , why no announcement? how long does it take? the WCHA and Northern took, what, a week? UND and DU pulled a whole new conference out of the hat in, what, a month or less? are the spoils really that great that there is a bidding war going on? I don't think so. perhaps ND and the Big Ten are hammering out a deal for ND to become a Big Ten school?

idle speculation on an idle Monday.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

The best possible solution is for Notre Dame to close as a school completely so I never have to hear about them again.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          The best possible solution is for Notre Dame to close as a school completely so I never have to hear about them again.
                          I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            thoughts?
                            Freddy Meyer will hack Notre Dame AND the Big Ten before this ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              yeah yeah yeah

here's my thinking. if ND was going to join "THE NATIONAL" they would have been in on the "big" press conference and announced as a shiny new toy for UND and DU to play with. CCHA, I don't think so. Hockey East , why no announcement? how long does it take? the WCHA and Northern took, what, a week? UND and DU pulled a whole new conference out of the hat in, what, a month or less? are the spoils really that great that there is a bidding war going on? I don't think so. perhaps ND and the Big Ten are hammering out a deal for ND to become a Big Ten school?

idle speculation on an idle Monday.
                              It would seem that Notre Dame is courting the NCHC, Hockey East and B1G to see which one will give it the largest dowry. Hockey East doesn’t need another team like the WCHA did and therefore can wait to see what develops. It appears that the NCHC has several other teams also wanting to join it and the B1G may be able to use hockey as leverage over football.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                              X