Welcome Back to the WCHA Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Back to the WCHA Northern Michigan

While the i's are not dotted nor the t's crossed, I still think it's appropriate to welcome NMU back into the WCHA.

Welcome back.

Dallas Drake smells like fetid gorgonzola.

Re: Welcome Back to the WCHA Northern Michigan

Article from the Mining Journal: http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co...id/564714.html

Comment

That Mining Journal contains an almost ludicrous editing choice in reporting this ... it says
      The release from the WCHA says the league hopes to make NMU's membership official next week.
      The release most certainly DOES NOT say that. It says ...
      Formal approval of Northern Michigan's application for membership in the WCHA will occur next week.
      There is nothing "hope"ful about that. It's definitive.

Comment

Looking forward to a new era of Cat hockey. Renewing the league rivalry with MTU and building new rivalries will be exciting.

Any early speculation on where a WCHA playoff final four might be played in the future? St. Paul doesn't seem to be a realistic option after the 12-13 season. Maybe Green Bay or Milwaukee?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
          Looking forward to a new era of Cat hockey. Renewing the league rivalry with MTU and building new rivalries will be exciting.

Any early speculation on where a WCHA playoff final four might be played in the future? St. Paul doesn't seem to be a realistic option after the 12-13 season. Maybe Green Bay or Milwaukee?
          New rivalries? How about old rivalries.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Flashy and I have been talking about the Resch Center in GB - newer building and a realistic size for the new WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Flashy and I have been talking about the Resch Center in GB - newer building and a realistic size for the new WCHA.
              That would be my personal vote.

Comment

What about the Kohl Center in Madison?
                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Do you think the WCHA might lean away from hosting the tournament in a state without any conference teams, though? The location might be central, but I think they'd tend to favor someplace in the UP or (more likely) Minnesota, though I don't know where.

Comment

So that's 2 out of 3 UP schools. Think they try for Lake State? Though by my reckoning it is an 11 hour bus ride from Moorhead to the Soo. Not a far plane flight, but a long bus ride.

Resch Center would be the best location until they outgrow it. On the flip side, what are the X and the St. Paul Chamber of Commerce going to do about losing the Final 5?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

welcome back pussycats! you and your sandbagging coach and diseased women!!

****! its good to have you back! let the games begin!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

May I introduce ourselves to the new WCHA. TECH WOMEN ARE HUSKY!!!
                        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                        2006-2007: 15-24-2
                        2007-2008: 20-20-4
                        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                          May I introduce ourselves to the new WCHA. TECH WOMEN ARE HUSKY!!!
                          yeah!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

If I was a betting man I would say it will be at the league champions arena.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

St. Norbert then can go D1, less then 10 miles from GB. I know it won't happen, just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X