PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Pump It Up
07-15-2011, 01:21 PM
They'd do both mens and womens hockey, with full schollies.

4four4
07-15-2011, 01:21 PM
They will have both men's and women's hockey and fully funded.

aparch
07-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Men's AND Women's will be added.

Full scholarships for both. :eek:

They're getting the community on the bandwagon to make sure that they can announce this. Great for them!!!

They're closer than they may be leading on.

4four4
07-15-2011, 01:22 PM
All the WCHA schools were suprised because they on purpose flew under the radar.

4four4
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Men's AND Women's will be added.

Full scholarships for both. :eek:

They're getting the community on the bandwagon to make sure that they can announce this. Great for them!!!

They're closer than they may be leading on.

I agree.

SanTropez
07-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Good luck to Moorhead, another D1 hockey program would be a step in the right direction.

4four4
They are asking for investors. Different sort of languange.

Pump It Up
Reasons for presser:

1. Get more donors.
2. Update the community on their progress.

4four4
07-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Good luck MSU-Moorhead! They are doing all this without asking for tax payers money! Kudos and good luck!

Dude Love
07-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Will Mankato and Moorhead have a fight to the death for the abbreviation "MSUM?"

aparch
07-15-2011, 01:27 PM
They are asking for investors. Different sort of languange.
By investors, I understood it to be underwriters for the endowment. I'm quite surprised (as were the remaining Minnesota WCHA schools) by how far along they are for something two years ago was just an exploratory committee.

They see the opening and are jumping upon it. Good for them, and I hope this October that they announce that they WILL be playing and want to be part of a conference.

willythekid
07-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Good luck MSU-Moorhead! They are doing all this without asking for tax payers money! Kudos and good luck!

agreed... this would be great for the FM area

dggoddard
07-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Moorhead: We're going D1 hockey! ... once we complete our risk analysis, double check our expense/revenue predictions. And find a donor who has $37 mil available.

They're still years out. Unless Pegula's got a brother in the Dakotas.I disagree.

They've got $15 million committed already.

They've given themselves three months to raise the other $22 million. Donors & businesses can spread the gifts over five years. Incredible to hear that with an arena already built they would need $37 million to fund the endowment for a men's & women's program.

Impressive to hear that a hockey program would be worth $12-$14 million annually to the region.

Clearly the WCHA needs to listen to these guys and consider their proposal. They've been in contact with Bemidji State. Also by potentially bringing in a men's & women's program does that give them more clout with the WCHA?

Good for them. Wish them nothing but the best of luck. Keep Bruce McLeod a million miles away from this proposal.

5mn_Major
07-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Will Mankato and Moorhead have a fight to the death for the abbreviation "MSUM?"

Naw...completely different. MSUMO and MSUMD

state of hockey
07-15-2011, 01:30 PM

Moorhead used to be msum.edu, but they changed to mnstate.edu.

4four4
07-15-2011, 01:31 PM
By investors, I understood it to be underwriters for the endowment. I'm quite surprised (as were the remaining Minnesota WCHA schools) by how far along they are for something two years ago was just an exploratory committee.

They see the opening and are jumping upon it. Good for them, and I hope this October that they announce that they WILL be playing and want to be part of a conference.

Like you said they are more along then we are lead to believe. Remember they have under estimated their money and over estimated the costs of starting a team. They need 22 million dollars. I wonder who has that type of money in the Fargo-Moorhead community?

state of hockey
07-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Naw...completely different. MSUMO and MSUMD

Both look like abbreviations for Moorhead, honestly.

The Sicatoka
07-15-2011, 01:32 PM

The purple steer v. "Scorch" the Dragon?

Steak for dinner!

Pump It Up
07-15-2011, 01:33 PM

I would not want to fight Troy Jutting to the death.

Pump It Up
07-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Like you said they are more along then we are lead to believe. Remember they have under estimated their money and over estimated the costs of starting a team. They need 22 million dollars. I wonder who has that type of money in the Fargo-Moorhead community?

I've heard Ron Offutt as a major donor who will be familiar to the Fargo area people on here. I'm not sure if he's already part of the 15 million or has yet to commit though.