Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Minnesota's recent problems are due to the decline of Minnesota high school hockey talent.
    ... and their xenophobia quaintly espoused as "Pride on Ice" or " ... you're not one of us!" -- as defined by Dan Barreiro, KFAN-AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      ... and their xenophobia quaintly espoused as "Pride on Ice" or " ... you're not one of us!" -- as defined by Dan Barreiro, KFAN-AM.
      Keep fighting the good fight. I'm enjoying your posts.

I have no doubt that the Gophers will rebound quickly into a national power in the Big Ten. Much as Texas football regained form after departing the Southwest Conference.

To keep the thread on topic. Go Dragons.
      Last edited by dggoddard; 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Minnesota's recent problems are due to the decline of Minnesota high school hockey talent, not over saturation of the college game in the state.
        Yet, an all-time high of Minnesotans (I believe 51) saw ice time in the NHL last season, and Minnesota had 18 of the top 20 high school teams in the country last year.

http://www.ushsho.com/ushsrank.htm

Arguably the dumbest thing I have read in a while. The talent coming out of Minnesota High School hockey is as strong as ever. If there ever was a lull, it was in the mid 90's.
        Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 07-15-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Minnesota's recent problems are due to the decline of Minnesota high school hockey talent, not over saturation of the college game in the state.
          *looks at two-time ECAC Player of the Year, recognizes he came from a Minnesota high school*

I don't think decline in high school hockey talent is it. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            *looks at two-time ECAC Player of the Year, recognizes he came from a Minnesota high school*

I don't think decline in high school hockey talent is it. Try again.
            You're about to get hit with about 100,000,000 "EZAC" attacks. Way to go.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              You're about to get hit with about 100,000,000 "EZAC" attacks. Way to go.
              Doesn't bother me; the 5th caller gets a cookie. I've stated that many a time.

Comment

How many of these WCHA players, played high school hockey in Minnesota? [Dean Blais doesn't count ]

Compare it to ten years ago. Go Dragons.

2010-11 WCHA Major Award Winners

WCHA Player of the Year
                Matt Frattin - University of North Dakota

WCHA Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year
                Chay Genoway - University of North Dakota

WCHA Defensive Player of the Year
                Justin Schultz - University of Wisconsin

WCHA Rookie of the Year
                Jason Zucker - University of Denver

WCHA Scoring Champion
                Matt Frattin - University of North Dakota

WCHA Goaltending Champion
                Aaron Dell - University of North Dakota

WCHA Coach of the Year
                Dean Blais - University of Nebraska Omaha

2010-11 All-WCHA First Team

Pos Name Team
                F Matt Frattin North Dakota
                F Jack Connolly Minnesota Duluth
                F Mike Connolly Minnesota Duluth
                D Justin Schultz Wisconsin
                D Chay Genoway North Dakota
                G Aaron Dell North Dakota

2010-11 All-WCHA Second Team

Pos Name Team
                F Jason Zucker Denver
                F Drew Shore Denver
                F Justin Fontaine Minnesota Duluth
                D Jake Gardiner Wisconsin
                D Matt Donovan Denver
                G Kent Patterson Minnesota

2010-11 All-WCHA Third Team

Pos Name Team
                F Jason Gregoire North Dakota
                F Jaden Schwartz Colorado College
                F Drew LeBlanc St. Cloud State
                D Kurt Davis Minnesota State
                D Justin Faulk Minnesota Duluth
                G John Faulkner Nebraska Omaha

2010-11 All-WCHA Rookie Team

Pos Name Team
                F Jason Zucker Denver
                F Jaden Schwartz Colorado College
                F J.T. Brown Minnesota Duluth
                D Justin Faulk Minnesota Duluth
                D David Makowski Denver
                G Sam Brittain Denver
                Last edited by dggoddard; 07-15-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

The Gophers haven't exclusively recruited Minnesota High School players in years (Thomas Vanek, Kyle Okposo, Erik Johnson, Erik Haula, etc...)

And if you are looking at Minnesota High School hockey and not Minnesota players in general, you're right. However, name me one state where high school hockey hasn't been effected by the shift towards the US Development model. And I think you would have a very hard time finding high school hockey healthier than it is in Minnesota. Nick Leddy, Nick Bjugstad, Ryan McDonough, Brock Nelson etc... aren't too shabby.

And if you look back 5 years from now, I think you'll find that Kyle Rau, Tony Camarensi, Josh Archibald, etc... turned out to be pretty good players as well.

So, not sure what your point was, other than to take a shot at Minnesota hockey.
                  Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 07-15-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

FYI, Okposo is a MN native.

But I agree with the rest.

Comment

Minnesota's recent problems are due to the decline of Minnesota high school hockey talent
                      Throw enough theories around and hope that maybe one will stick eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post

He was talking about players who did not play High School hockey here I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post

I know he is, but he didn't play MN High School Hockey. He went to Shattucks. So is Erik Johnson, but he went to NTDP.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            The Gophers haven't exclusively recruited Minnesota High School players in years (Thomas Vanek, Kyle Okposo, Erik Johnson, Erik Haula, etc...)

And if you are looking at Minnesota High School hockey and not Minnesota players in general, you're right. However, name me one state where high school hockey hasn't been effected by the shift towards the US Development model. And I think you would have a very hard time finding high school hockey healthier than it is in Minnesota. Nick Leddy, Nick Bjugstad, Ryan McDonough, Brock Nelson etc... aren't too shabby.
                            Agreed that Minnesota high school hockey is the model that other states should follow.

But elite US players are coming from all over the place now as evidenced by the WCHA awards last season. The AAA model is working is California, Colorado, Texas and other non-traditional states. They are producing exciting players.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Doesn't bother me; the 5th caller gets a cookie. I've stated that many a time.
                              I want oatmeal raisin!!!
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                Great, the WCHA can just add the Dragons, and Hell, I'm just going to go hit the next big Lottery Jackpot so I can go get the ball rolling on getting GVSU around so they can be in the revamped CCHA. Would that work for everybody??
                                If you have the money, use it. There has never been a better time to find a conference. If the AHA teams join the CCHA it could be a good conference with some nice media outlets.
                                Michigan State University Spartans
                                NCAA Champions - 1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X