No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
    Which used to be Bryan Brutlag's number. Coincidentally, Brutlag is listed at #2 for the Reading Royals--Koudys' old number.

http://www.royalshockey.com/team/pla...?player_id=247
    This is called six degrees of Ralph Baer.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Re: RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

All this talk of who was a winger who is a center...or centre for those who spell it that way, does it really matter where they play just as long as they put the puck in the net? Also the team as a whole needs to have a breakout season and quiet the people who say they will be hurting without Chase, Tyler, Allen and the other guys who graduated. We will see what this team is made of right from the start with the brutal October schedule. If they can go 4-3 or 5-2 during October, I think we will be in store for something special during the rest of the season. And lets not forget that the North Country trip (not as scary as it once was) is the first weekend of league play. But once again it all comes down to how quick the freshman adapt to the college game and how much the upperclassmen produce in these tough games. Anyhow, enjoy the last few weeks of summer and get ready for some good times at the old barn.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        All this talk of who was a winger who is a center...or centre for those who spell it that way, does it really matter where they play just as long as they put the puck in the net? Also the team as a whole needs to have a breakout season and quiet the people who say they will be hurting without Chase, Tyler, Allen and the other guys who graduated. We will see what this team is made of right from the start with the brutal October schedule. If they can go 4-3 or 5-2 during October, I think we will be in store for something special during the rest of the season. And lets not forget that the North Country trip (not as scary as it once was) is the first weekend of league play. But once again it all comes down to how quick the freshman adapt to the college game and how much the upperclassmen produce in these tough games. Anyhow, enjoy the last few weeks of summer and get ready for some good times at the old barn.
        They said the exact same thing when Jerry and Brandon bolted. I'm sure they'll think twice about rating us lower in that regard.

In comparison to last season, we went 3-1-3 in October. Granted, each win was against an AHA team (loss to Colorado College, ties against CC, NEU, and UC), but it still counts in that column. A strong out-of-conference performance will have us once again be under serious consideration.

20 more days until the women start, and however many Ralph said for the men. I assume the Red/White game has been ditched this year?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          They said the exact same thing when Jerry and Brandon bolted. I'm sure they'll think twice about rating us lower in that regard.

In comparison to last season, we went 3-1-3 in October. Granted, each win was against an AHA team (loss to Colorado College, ties against CC, NEU, and UC), but it still counts in that column. A strong out-of-conference performance will have us once again be under serious consideration.

20 more days until the women start, and however many Ralph said for the men. I assume the Red/White game has been ditched this year?
          I would assume the exhibition game on Oct. 1 is taking the place of the Red/White game.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            I would assume the exhibition game on Oct. 1 is taking the place of the Red/White game.
            Well, they did the same thing in the 2009-10 season, so it isn't surprising whatsoever. Hopefully RPI-TV is ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              This might seem a little weird, but I fear Higgs may be a victim of the "sophomore slump". He had a terrific year, but with exception of the time of his injury, he's pretty much always had a chance to show his stuff, similar to Pat Cullen in 2008-09 and Tyler Helfrich in 2007-08. Yes there are plenty of examples where the player did just fine, but I'd watch out for that, especially come PtC time.
              Couldn't disagree more . Higgs is a finisher - has been at every level he's played at. I was having a very similar conversation here last summer with some who were downplaying Higgs as a grinder coming in...He was one of a very few bright spots in the Colgate playoff debacle...well after nearly having his jugular sliced open earlier in the season. Following that event is when one could have predicted a slump.

He's a guy with the drive and guts to give up his body and take his licks in the paint to bury pucks. You can't teach that, players are either hard wired for this, or they aren't. One need look no further than to chart where he scores his goals. I'd be willing to bet 95% or more were within 10' of the net.

My money says there will be no slump.
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-05-2011, 11:59 AM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Speaking of Matt-does anyone besides me feel that he will be one of the boys who makes great progress this year? I really like the way he hits and keeps on his feet out there.
                Totally agree Doc. My minor criticisms of Appert from last year ( is that still allowed here? haaaa)was not playing Tinordi more in the playoff run. Like Rabbani, Matt keeps guys honest as he WILL take their heads off, if they attempt to figure skate through the neutral zone...love the kid. A lot of our forwards were banged up/ worn down....we could've used his physicality, IMO.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Totally agree Doc. My minor criticisms of Appert from last year ( is that still allowed here? haaaa)was not playing Tinordi more in the playoff run. Like Rabbani, Matt keeps guys honest as he WILL take their heads off, if they attempt to figure skate through the neutral zone...love the kid. A lot of our forwards were banged up/ worn down....we could've used his physicality, IMO.
                  I may have to check my medication dosage-both you and RB agreeing with me more often-I must be missing a dose of something.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Anyone heard any news about the tryouts for the walkon defenseman position?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Anyone heard any news about the tryouts for the walkon defenseman position?
                      A 21 year old by the name of Ogie Ogilthorpe tried out....heard he was gonna be paired with the BRO But no I havent heard or saw anything about it.

Comment

It's hard for me to believe that this http://www.nutmeghockey.com/archives/2001 wasn't posted before, but I don't recall it. It's an interview with BRO.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A recent article about Ryan Haggerty going to Troy http://www.thestamfordtimes.com/story/510517.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

New photos for the year are up on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                              New photos for the year are up on the roster.
                              Wonderful! They're WAY better than last year's. Will look great on RPI TV's titles!
                              RPI Class of 2012
                              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Today is 6 September 2011. There are 25 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X