No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

The whole twitter thing could be worse....much worse ala Miami (FL).....
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Re: RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I've been downing expired vicodin every time I visit here.
      Not a bad choice. Years ago my first selection would have been Quaaludes but once Rohrer and later Lemmon stopped their production in the US have had to make do with poorer substitutes. Over the years I must say there have been some games Jenny and I sat through that we needed all the medicinal help we could get.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        #3. Ralph, just post all you info in German from now on...it'll give us all something to do until the 1st game...
        Thinking about that, I am attending a genealogical conference this week. Yesterday I listened to a talk by someone from the German embassy. I found that as the child of parents who were born in Germany whose citizenship was revoked, I am eligible to get a German passport. This would be useful for entering any EU country, but damm i would feel guilty having one.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Regarding the prolonged silliness about the players' numbers:

#1. It's our job to speculate (yeah, I said it!!!)
          #2. Have you seen some of the stuff that goes onto their FB pages?Jus' sayin'...
          #3. Ralph, just post all you info in German from now on...it'll give us all something to do until the 1st game...
          #4. I am so flippin' excited about the start of the season I don't know what to do with myself!
          #5. That's the B.R.O.'s #
          When you are as big as Luke-they should allow for 2 numbers-one on the front and a different one on the back.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

#5. That's the B.R.O.'s #
            Two down; six to go (not counting the walk-on dman).
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Thinking about that, I am attending a genealogical conference this week. Yesterday I listened to a talk by someone from the German embassy. I found that as the child of parents who were born in Germany whose citizenship was revoked, I am eligible to get a German passport. This would be useful for entering any EU country, but damm i would feel guilty having one.
              OK...here I go again...I had this conversation about political correctness with someone in the RPI community today. Ralph: YOU DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE HOLOCAUST. If you qualify for a passport that gives you access to the EU, I want people like YOU there to perpetuate the OPEN communication of ideas. Genealogy does not equate to guilt by association. Nor does a joke about a group of people equate to bigotry. If we can all agree to make fun of ourselves AND each other, won't we be better off and not have to re-read our posts EVERY flippin' time we want to press, 'submit'???????????? Apply for your GERMAN passport!!! My $ says you're not a NAZI...go enjoy Europe before she becomes a third world entity!

ooooh...scary woman with hate speech...stop her...

Comment

OK...here I go again...I had this conversation about political correctness with someone in the RPI community today. Ralph: YOU DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE HOLOCAUST. If you qualify for a passport that gives you access to the EU, I want people like YOU there to perpetuate the OPEN communication of ideas. Genealogy does not equate to guilt by association. Nor does a joke about a group of people equate to bigotry. If we can all agree to make fun of ourselves AND each other, won't we be better off and not have to re-read our posts EVERY flippin' time we want to press, 'submit'???????????? Apply for your GERMAN passport!!! My $ says you're not a NAZI...go enjoy Europe before she becomes a third world entity!

ooooh...scary woman with hate speech...stop her...
                Wait a minute. I think that I wasn't clear. I am a Jew whose 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents, and 32 great-great-great-grandparents were born in Germany. Oops, not quite true; one of the latter was from Alsace. My parents' and grandparents' citizenship was revoked in the Hitler era.

I guess that ends the thread.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  When you are as big as Luke-they should allow for 2 numbers-one on the front and a different one on the back.
                  That's the other hockey team I support. The Sabres, for those wondering...

Comment

Wait a minute. I think that I wasn't clear. I am a Jew whose 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents, and 32 great-great-great-grandparents were born in Germany. Oops, not quite true; one of the latter was from Alsace. My parents' and grandparents' citizenship was revoked in the Hitler era.

HAHAHAH! Like I said...scary woman with hate speech...stop her...

Comment

WaP had a link to a cryptic change in the PWR, but it's coming up as a dead link for me. Any help?

Comment

Wait a minute. I think that I wasn't clear. I am a Jew whose 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents, and 32 great-great-great-grandparents were born in Germany.
                        Since ralph was so forthcoming on his background please see this youtube video where I explain my background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7btbIVFF0
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I for one find the entire Jew topic confusing. It's a religion but not necessarily a nationality/ethnicity. Did your ancestors all migrate out of the Middle East or was there some intermarrying along the way? I'm willing to bet a lot of interesting things happened between the Roman empire and the 3rd Reich. At what point does it become just a religious affiliation instead of an ethnicity?

I'm not trying to be flippant here but I have as hard a time delineating between the two as many Americans seen to have with the entire Arab/Muslim thing, although I personally think the Arab/Muslim issue is more cut and dried. If you have a definitive thesis on this topic Ralph I'd love to hear it.

BTW... I say we finish top 3 this year for sure (we are supposed to talk about hockey right?). Our D will be even better and our O will not tail off much if any. If we get goaltending then I think we've got as a good a shot as anyone in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                            I for one find the entire Jew topic confusing. It's a religion but not necessarily a nationality/ethnicity. Did your ancestors all migrate out of the Middle East or was there some intermarrying along the way? I'm willing to bet a lot of interesting things happened between the Roman empire and the 3rd Reich. At what point does it become just a religious affiliation instead of an ethnicity?

I'm not trying to be flippant here but I have as hard a time delineating between the two as many Americans seen to have with the entire Arab/Muslim thing, although I personally think the Arab/Muslim issue is more cut and dried. If you have a definitive thesis on this topic Ralph I'd love to hear it.

BTW... I say we finish top 3 this year for sure (we are supposed to talk about hockey right?). Our D will be even better and our O will not tail off much if any. If we get goaltending then I think we've got as a good a shot as anyone in the league.
                            Undoubtedly there were some rapes along the way, especially at the time of the Crusades. Intermarriage is less likely.

I had my y-chromosome DNA tested on Sunday. The results in about a month will show something about my male line.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 19 August 2011. There are 43 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph- Ich kann dir ja meinen Personalausweiss ausleihen bis du deinen bekommst.

Comment

Working...
                                X