No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I think that Notre Dame is going to go to the super conference but i also think that we are going to get an invite from HE. The Q will be the other invite IMO. Discuss among yourselves.
    I had wondered if that possibility was going to be raised also. I am still waiting for something about a rumor to appear in the print media. It hasn't appeared in any of the CD papers, and I think that someone would have posted it if a Boston paper mentioned it.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Off-Season III: Another Helping of Mindless Speculation and Idle Chit Chat

Has anyone heard anything about uniform numbers for next season, besides for when I wrote that Pat Koudys's father said that Pat had asked for #4? I am going to start to need them in the countdown in a few weeks. Surprisingly, most of the recruits (all but McGowan 27 and Neal 22 could use the number that they had last season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 6 August 2011. There are 56 days (8 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I am still waiting for something about a rumor to appear in the print media.
          I like to think of myself as a rumor monger.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I had wondered if that possibility was going to be raised also. I am still waiting for something about a rumor to appear in the print media. It hasn't appeared in any of the CD papers, and I think that someone would have posted it if a Boston paper mentioned it.
            I guess it all depends how much the current HEA members want to reduce league games and increase non-league games. Although if they wanted, it could be done without adding two schools but it would create an unbalanced schedule.

Id imagine they would switch to a travel partner system if they do happen to add RPI/QU. My guess they would look like BU/BC-15mins apart, MC/UML-24mins, NU/PC-1hr 7mins, UMass/QU-1hr 35mins, RPI/UVM-3hrs 7mins and UNH/Maine-3hrs 23mins. Just for a comparison the farthest distance for an ECAC travel partner is 2hrs 41mins from QU to Princeton and the farthest distance between ECAC schools is Clarkson-Princeton at 7hrs 10mins, farthest distance between HEA schools would be RPI-Maine at 6hrs 47mins.

However, I dont wanna get my hopes up until I hear something on the RPI end about them considering a move. I would like to see it happen though.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about uniform numbers for next season, besides for when I wrote that Pat Koudys's father said that Pat had asked for #4? I am going to start to need them in the countdown in a few weeks. Surprisingly, most of the recruits (all but McGowan 27 and Neal 22 could use the number that they had last season.
              Other schools have started to post team rosters on their websites, so id imagine RPI will be putting a roster up fairly soon. Im curious to see what the new sweaters will look like, Im hoping they'll be the same design as ones they just got rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                Other schools have started to post team rosters on their websites, so id imagine RPI will be putting a roster up fairly soon. Im curious to see what the new sweaters will look like, Im hoping they'll be the same design as ones they just got rid of.
                The only thing I really noticed to be different between last year and the year before was the ECAC 50th Anniversary moniker. It wouldn't surprise me if they went back to what they had the year before last.

Comment

No worries McGuane will hook us up.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

However, I dont wanna get my hopes up until I hear something on the RPI end about them considering a move. I would like to see it happen though.
                    That probably won't happen unless it becomes a very real possibility. Until now it's just something I'm sure the hockey people would love to see become reality.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      That probably won't happen unless it becomes a very real possibility. Until now it's just something I'm sure the hockey people would love to see become reality.
                      One would hope that the hockey people have been speaking to the RPI admins, so if an offer comes, we can act quickly. We have at least twice in the past received HEA offers or at least feelers, and both times said No. We can't keep crying Wolf.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 7 August 2011. There are 55 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that Notre Dame is going to go to the super conference but i also think that we are going to get an invite from HE. The Q will be the other invite IMO. Discuss among yourselves.
                          I think that the chances of this going down without Notre Dame are slim to none. HE really doesn't have much incentive to abandon their current setup, just to add two ECAC teams. As I've mentioned before, RPI going to HE would be great for the program, and I truly hope it happens. IMO Notre Dame's addition to HE is the only thing that will get them to reach outside of their current comfort zone, and even then, I don't think it is a slam dunk that we will get an invite.
                          RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                          UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
                            I think that the chances of this going down without Notre Dame are slim to none. HE really doesn't have much incentive to abandon their current setup, just to add two ECAC teams. As I've mentioned before, RPI going to HE would be great for the program, and I truly hope it happens. IMO Notre Dame's addition to HE is the only thing that will get them to reach outside of their current comfort zone, and even then, I don't think it is a slam dunk that we will get an invite.
                            It was my thought also that HEA doesn't have much sense to expand without ND, but going to a 12 team league allows for a 22-game league schedule which would allow the high-profile HEA team to schedule more games vs the better western teams which now have more leeway in their schedules. An 18-game 10 team-league would probably leave too much room for OOC games. Then again BU, UNH, etc have an incentive to expand, not UML and Merrimack.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A victory for our great coach.
                              http://www.americanjuniorhockey.com/...?news_id=73501

Comment

Great to see some local talent putting it between the pipes!

BTW, stalking tells me that at least one of the freshmen is moving into Troy tomorrow. I would assume captain's practices start shortly thereafter. No reports on anything further stalker-ific (unless it involves when Captain's Practices are) will be posted by me for quite a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X