Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future of the ccha????

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    Here is an interesting article from Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News ... it appears that Saint Terry is not finished investing in hockey in Buffalo.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle496933.ece

I will say that his take on the CCHA is more reflective of what it was than what it is about to become.
    He's the ahole who started the mess we're all in with giving PSU all that money. The least he can do is kick in a little to the smaller schools hockey endowments or offer matching funds to get some good arena's built for some of the teams that are going to be left behind when the Great Schism happens.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Inside joke. Brenthoven will have to post the picture when he shows up again.
      This one?

http://www.holytaco.com/educating-th...america/moran/

Comment

• Originally posted by fangers View Post
        That's the one...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          He's the ahole who started the mess we're all in with giving PSU all that money. The least he can do is kick in a little to the smaller schools hockey endowments or offer matching funds to get some good arena's built for some of the teams that are going to be left behind when the Great Schism happens.
          Yeah, that ahole, giving money to his alma mater for a hockey program.

What were you planning on doing with your theoretical lottery winnings again?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Put the dagger in College Hockey's heart by Starting a Grand Valley State team.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              It's hardly his fault that Delaney, Alavarez, and friends are greedy jerks. With a little creative scheduling it was perfectly possible to have a B1G champion without dismantling the W/CCHA. The B1G wouldn't have had a automatic bid, that would have stayed with the conferences, but the BTN could have broadcast the games between B1G members as they do now and trophies and awards could have been bestowed.

So, is GVSU ready to field a team? Moorehead says they need $40 million to permanently fund a program. Can the Lakers sell enough Amway to reach that level of funding ?
              Michigan State University Spartans
              NCAA Champions - 1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by greenG View Post
                So, is GVSU ready to field a team? Moorehead says they need $40 million to permanently fund a program. Can the Lakers sell enough Amway to reach that level of funding ?
                Lottery doesn't draw until tonight.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

It's hardly his fault that Delaney, Alavarez, and friends are greedy jerks. With a little creative scheduling it was perfectly possible to have a B1G champion without dismantling the W/CCHA. The B1G wouldn't have had a automatic bid, that would have stayed with the conferences, but the BTN could have broadcast the games between B1G members as they do now and trophies and awards could have been bestowed.

But without the realignment, we would not have(?) Moorehead. So there (for now) is a possible net gain for D-I hockey.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    but without the realignment, we would not have(?) moorhead. So there (for now) is a possible net gain for d-i hockey.
                    fyp
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

GVSU's got some pull, but its not like we would be able to pull MTU, NMU, LSSU and Ferris out of their conferences and form the GLIAC Hockey League. But if Wayne State restarted their program......

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                      Not college hockey's heart, just North Dakota's. All of our matchups would be in the playoffs, and they all would be thrillers with GVSU getting the better of them most of the time.

Why do ya think I keep talking about the lottery, and a big Jackpot to boot. As of right now, to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing major in the works right now for GVSU hockey other than a few others like myself all wishing and hoping about it. GVSU does have the land available to build an on campus arena on its main campus in Allendale. A lot of it just matters on where they would want to put it I believe. With the Kelly turf building, we really don't need our fieldhouse, and there has been some talk there of knocking that down to build something that would be more basketball friendly. It really wouldn't be that hard to build one building that would have a basketball arena, and a hockey arena right next to it, something simular to what Ferris has prehaps, but larger from the get go. and if done right, would have the room to put in a second practice rink right in there around the footprint of where the current fieldhouse is at, without having to eat up too much of the parking lot there. and personally, I would think it would help parking on campus a lot more if they added a deck to that lot anyways. It could be done, it just comes down to the Money, and well, having a stable league around for when a few Million is given to Selgo to start up a hockey program in Allendale.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                        I think the best idea would be to donate money to make GVSU fold as a school. It would do us all a favor
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          fyp
                          And seriously, who doesn't want moorhead?

Wait. What?
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

And seriously, who doesn't want moorhead?

Wait. What?
                            We licked the Beavers, now we want Moorhead!
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              We licked the Beavers, now we want Moorhead!

Which is not an unreasonable request.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                I think the best idea would be to donate money to make GVSU fold as a school. It would do us all a favor
                                Don't hate us because we're so good looking biddy!!

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X