Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future of the ccha????

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    It's very unlikely that either Notre Dame or WMU stays in the CCHA. Notre Dame is either headed to Hockey East or the new NCHC. Western is campaigning hard to get out of the CCHA. If Notre Dame goes to the NCHC, Western is likely right behind them. If the Irish head for Hockey East, then if Western doesn't go there with them, look for them to apply to the WCHA as a last resort.
    In the new WCHA, Kalamazoo would be a major market.
    Michigan State University Spartans
    NCAA Champions - 1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

The future of the CCHA?

Remove one C. There's your answer.

The Big Ten Hockey Conference that was the bane of every USCHO poster has now come to be. Rumors are swirling almost every year that they're going to eventually put NCAA teams into the EA sports NHL franchise. The apocalypse is upon us. When I became a college hockey fan over a dozen years ago, I would have never predicted this. What would be an absolute crime is to see a CCHA program fold over this.

Comment

Originally posted by greenG View Post
        In the new WCHA, Kalamazoo would be a major market.
        The Minnesota schools would have an issue with the long travel. The WCHA won't accept them if the Broncos apply.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          If ND had any intentions of staying why would Miami bolt? seriously...
          ND has said they expect to change conference affiliations

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          The Minnesota schools would have an issue with the long travel. The WCHA won't accept them if the Broncos apply.
          Correct and unlike other conferences, having a school in what for others is hockey rich southern Michigan means nothing to them. They simply don't need them.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
            The future of the CCHA?

Remove one C. There's your answer.

The Big Ten Hockey Conference that was the bane of every USCHO poster has now come to be. Rumors are swirling almost every year that they're going to eventually put NCAA teams into the EA sports NHL franchise. The apocalypse is upon us. When I became a college hockey fan over a dozen years ago, I would have never predicted this. What would be an absolute crime is to see a CCHA program fold over this.
            That's I've often labeled them the (C)CHA
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Could the WCHA be bringing UA-Huntsville in since UNM wasn't formally invited?
              Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                Right after the Leafs win the Stanley Cup. For Huntsville, unfortunately it looks like CCHA or nothing, and even then, only if that league cant get enough others to join. I really wish it were different. It's a solid program in a very good hockey town. I hate to say it, but if they were Northern Kentucky or U of Kentucky, they'd be in in a heartbeat.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

No. If UAH finds a conference home, it will likely be with a reconstituted CCHA.

Comment

Ahh, no. We would have heard about it, I would think. The UAH posters seem pretty in touch with what their program is up to, and we haven't heard anything from them.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      ND has said they expect to change conference affiliations
                      Do you have a link?
                      No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                        Something smells fishy in the UP. The WCHA is announcing a new member friday. Note, singular, ONE new member. While it was just this morning that Northern Michigan University's Board of Trustees approved a proposal which allows the athletic department to formally pursue admission into the Western Collegiate Hockey Association. It sounds like the WCHA have a done deal, while NMU is just starting the process. First, It states that NMU hasn't been 'formally' invited. Second, can I infer that since the report originated in Anchorage, that the new member is also from Alaska??

Personnaly, I'd rather have NMU go west than ND. If ND and WMU stay put, both the WCHA and CCHA can continue on. Either way, the WCHA needs one more team, and that is likely coming from the CCHA.
                        The one issue is that UAF's AD was just talking about how they hadn't gotten a formal invite either. I mean enough time has passed that an invite may have been extended and UAF said "Ok when and how much?" but I doubt that.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Do you have a link?
                          http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...e_dame_ho.html

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...new-conference

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/06/0...g-hockey-east/

I'm sure I've missed some...
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Nope they are inviting MSU-Moorhead Dragons.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Do you have a link?
                              Looking for specific words...I thought I read something like 'Notre Dame expects to change conference affiliations'. Don't see it now...will look tomorrow.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

I read those first 2 links before. Those are other people saying they expect ND to change conferences. That third link does quote Jackson saying switching conferences is a possibility. I'll have to find that Colorado Spring Gazette article, that seems to be the originator.

I have to beleive that the NCHC contacted ND before MIami. If they balked then, they may still. It is looking like ND is going to move though. The WMU blogs all say they want to follow ND, but ND may not give a crap. If both ND and WMU go to the NCHC, how is that better than what the other schools already had in the WCHA?

edit: found the CSG article

According to league sources, in addition to Miami, two other Central Collegiate Hockey Association schools, Notre Dame and Western Michigan, could join the new conference later this summer.

also,

If one or both Notre Dame or Western Michigan does not to join the new conference, you can count St. Cloud State out. School president Earl H. Potter III said Friday that his school would not consider joining the new league, even if asked.
                                Last edited by Wol4ine; 07-15-2011, 10:56 AM. Reason: found more info
                                No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X