Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WMU Coaching search 2011. Yeah, we're boned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WMU Coaching search 2011. Yeah, we're boned.

check out WMU's presentation, i think its rather impressive

http://whywestern.com/

Comment

Two Words.... Frank Anzalone....
      THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
      TNA
      TNA

Comment

Originally posted by Tooth Squid View Post
        Two Words.... Frank Anzalone....
        Thank you for my first good laugh of the day.
        Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
        My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
          check out WMU's presentation, i think its rather impressive

http://whywestern.com/
          Sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            Sarcasm
            that wasn't intended to be sarcasm, WMU put together some convincing statistics as to why they are a good fit for any conference. If all of those fans were to show up at the conference tourney every year i'm sure the wcha would love to have them

I will admit "Why Western" is a dumb tagline

Comment

As for the new coach, I'd prefer someone who is from outside the program. We were able to pony up for Blashill's salary, so I'd think that it can happen again.

As for the CCHA - I'm not against staying. It would be more of a cost containment league, but the real ability of playing at the NCAAs every year is a huge recruitment tool that shouldn't be scoffed at.
              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

What do the WMU fans think of Ron Rolston.

Comment

Looks like it's going to Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) coach Eric Rud.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Huh. Haven't heard that, but it's been pretty quiet this time around. Last year, we had at least seen people on campus.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

How sure are you?
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

If its Rud you are getting a terrific coach. Never seen him as a head coach but he was a great assistant when he was at SCSU. Here's hoping his addition might move WMU to join the "New" WCHA!! Northern Michigan is supposed to be announced this week, another mich team would be great.
                        "I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome." —George W. Bush, defending Vice President Dick Cheney's pre-war assertion that the United States would be welcomed in Iraq

Comment

Skip has since recanted that - Rud is not headed to WMU.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                            Skip has since recanted that - Rud is not headed to WMU.
                            Just saw that. Rud would definitely be a great candidate. Wonder who the other finalist is. Could it be Brekke? I don't think they'd go for Renfrew. I still think Rud is a possibility and maybe just isnt a done deal yet. Is there a bigger fish out there to make a big splash in the Western pond?
                            Last edited by davyd83; 07-18-2011, 10:54 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Just saw that. Rud would definitely be a great candidate. Wonder who the other finalist is. Could it be Brekke? I don't think they'd go for Renfrew. I still think Rud is a possibility and maybe just isnt a done deal yet. Is there a bigger fish out there to make a big splash in the Western pond?
                              Second hand - but apparently the talk around the Miami athletic department is Brekke to Western.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                Second hand - but apparently the talk around the Miami athletic department is Brekke to Western.
                                Brekke is NOT a finalist for the gig.

WMU should be naming their coach by the middle of next week.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s..._of_candi.html
                                Western Michigan University Bronco Hockey
                                Home of the Lawson Lunatics

Comment

Working...
                                X