Official Thread of the Leftover League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Thread of the Leftover League

Will the rest of the WCHA join with the rest of the CCHA? Is this the death knell for some or all of these hockey programs? Will this actually raise interest at schools that will finally be able to compete for and/or win conference titles? Will St. Cloud, Bemidji, Northern, or Fairbanks dominate?...I don't think it will good for St. Cloud, but if we can keep our poop in a group and win the conference somewhat regularly it might not be too bad either. It will also be easier to root for St. Cloud AND Duluth.
    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
    UMD Men: 2011

Re: Official Thread of the Leftover League

Well Tech just invested $1.5 million in head coaching salary, they've committed in that part to rebuilding once and for all.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Some details on how it went down are in this article: http://www.adn.com/2011/07/07/195723...aa-jilted.html

If this is true, it is the slimiest most disgusting display I have seen in a long time. These people are the scum of the earth. Maybe, if we're lucky, the AD's from these schools will step out into traffic.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well I'd say there's a good shot at a Green Bay conference tournament now.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

All they have to do to keep the autobid is invite Air Force. Keeps the Colorado footprint for the conference and reduces travel/increases recruiting exposure for AF. Not saying they would accept...
          2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
          2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
          Air Force Falcons
          2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
          2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
          2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
          2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
          2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

The WCHA leftovers will reportedly send their ADs to meet in person next week, somewhere in Minnesota.

A call to WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod was not immediately returned Thursday. Cobb said that at the annual WCHA meeting in April, there wasn't a hint that any school was thinking about leaving the league.

"At our meeting in April we voted to extend an invitation to Miami and Notre Dame," Cobb said, referring to a pair of CCHA teams. "That passed with 100 percent of the vote. Nobody said they were unhappy. We left the April meeting and basically some of them contacted Notre Dame and Miami and said, 'Don't take the WCHA invitation, we're going to invite you to join our super league.'

"I blame everybody for being less than honest with their own league members. It's a really sneaky back-door deal."
            Ugly if true

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The WCHA leftovers will reportedly send their ADs to meet in person next week, somewhere in Minnesota.
              I would hope that the WCHA leftovers and the CCHA leftovers all met as a large group, to try to put together a plan that would be the best for every school hung out to dry. You know, looking out for the entire group instead of being *******s like UND, DU and Miami of Ohio
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Leftover league is going up the tubes, much like vomit.

Comment

One other thing to keep in mind here is that Robert Morris and Niagara have both expressed interest in moving to the full scholarship limit. That would require them to leave Atlantic Hockey. Certainly room in the CCHA now.

...and if Alabama Huntsville can't find a home now they never will.

Comment

Best case scenario, if Notre Dame does indeed leave for Hockey East, would be for Air Force to join the new Great North conference and let Ala-Huntsville take thier spot in Atlantic Hockey. That at least gives everyone a home. But, for whatever reason, AF seems to enjoy flying 2500 miles for every away game...they already have the planes, I guess.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Best case scenario, if Notre Dame does indeed leave for Hockey East, would be for Air Force to join the new Great North conference and let Ala-Huntsville take thier spot in Atlantic Hockey. That at least gives everyone a home. But, for whatever reason, AF seems to enjoy flying 2500 miles for every away game...they already have the planes, I guess.
                      Warm up the planes! Warm up the planes!

Comment

I don't really want AFA in the new conference. No offense to Air Force, they are a great program, but at this point, the travel in any of these new leagues is going to be hell. 2 Alaska schools, BFE Bemidji MN, 3 schools in the UP of Michigan, 2 schools in lower Michigan, 1 in Ohio and 1 in Alabama. Add another long travel commitment to Colorado Springs? No thanks. As long as AFA is happy in AHA, playing Army, that is probably where they should stay for now.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I don't really want AFA in the new conference. No offense to Air Force, they are a great program, but at this point, the travel in any of these new leagues is going to be hell. 2 Alaska schools, BFE Bemidji MN, 3 schools in the UP of Michigan, 2 schools in lower Michigan, 1 in Ohio and 1 in Alabama. Add another long travel commitment to Colorado Springs? No thanks. As long as AFA is happy in AHA, playing Army, that is probably where they should stay for now.
                          Agreed, and I think they would reject any overtures from the post-DU/CC WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Do the Alaska schools still pay for opposing schools to come play them? I would think the best way to work that would be to have travel partners go up and play each of the Alaska schools on consecutive weekends, eliminating a second trip to Alaska.

I know we'll have the MacNaughton for the regular season title, but the Playoff Champion trophy has also already been released:
                            *****http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/CLX0406WIT07DG-de.jpg******
                            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                              Do the Alaska schools still pay for opposing schools to come play them? I would think the best way to work that would be to have travel partners go up and play each of the Alaska schools on consecutive weekends, eliminating a second trip to Alaska.

I know we'll have the MacNaughton for the regular season title, but the Playoff Champion trophy has also already been released:
                              *****http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/CLX0406WIT07DG-de.jpg******
                              I figured it'd be this:

*****http://hazenchristensen.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/free-manure-sign.jpg******
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Working...
                              X