Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Thread of the Leftover League

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
    I don't take much of anything you post seriously. Your track record doesn't warrent it. Take your request and shove it.
    You have zero interest here. What's the title of the thread? Are there three other threads in which the topics you're addressing are appropriate and being discussed?

So yeah ... your failed perception as to my "track record" have exactly nothing to do with anything. I made the request twice now in a straightforward manner.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      he's probably one of the many who realize you're a dick and have you on ignore
      And by "dick" of course you mean someone that supports the program he follows vigorously. Then yes. Generally, I think the definition of "*****hole" is a closer match.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        You have zero interest here.
        Wrong. As a fan of college hockey I have a genuine concern about what happens to the "leftover" programs. I don't want to see any of the current programs fold or be left out, including the Alaska schools. So I'm here to see other people's thoughts concerning what is happening, and in some cases, to share my own. You may not like my comments, if so, tough. By making them I got a constructive responding post from Jimjamesak that gave me a new thought to consider. That's the whole point to a civil exchange of ideas and opinions.

So I'm going to be hanging around. Enjoy!

Oh, and for the record, I happen to be rather disappointed with my own school right now and the path they have chosen to follow, because I don't think its in the best interest of college hockey as a whole.
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

If they could put together a big-draw tourny using their extra games that could be an effective money-maker.
          Exactly what Tech does every year.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'm not saying it doesn't mean something. I'm just pointing out that two extra home games are much more valuable to some programs than to others. And don't forget that in the new world of college hockey, it may be hard for small schools to find a quality opponent that will come to their barn for 2 extra games and that will be a crowd-draw.
            If ncaa hockey was in serious trouble in Alaska, there is always a chance that the NCAA will find some other way to help out, just like they did with the game exemptions. After all, the rules are made by people who want them to succeed.
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
              I also found interesting the assumption that the upper peninsula Michigan schools would jump at the opportunity to join the WCHA's remaining teams. Isn't it far more likely MTU would want to join what's left of the CCHA?
              Tech did that once and will not go back. Not to mention that what is left of the WCHA is a hell of a lot stronger than what is left of the CCHA. There is no incentive for Tech to make the move to the CCHA. Not to mention the rivalries have been maintained with NMU and LSSU even while being in the WCHA. There is far more pull for the other UP schools to pull into the WCHA and if Ferris wants to be smart, although it would suck for travel, they would try to get into the WCHA as well.

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I don't know what the final league(s) will look like, but the Alaska schools should be involved. The important thing is that the conferences and schools work together rather than the "do what's best for me and screw everyone else" mentality that we've seen so far.
              I'm not too fond of the larger schools telling the smaller schools to clean up their mess. While it makes sense geographically to pull Fairbanks into the WCHA, scheduling might be a big problem. There will be a large amount of hostility towards these breakaway schools these next two seasons, more so than normal. I'm expecting it to get real ugly at times.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Exactly what Tech does every year.
              Tech has been hosting the GLI in Detroit every year since 1965. While it predates the Alaska schools coming into D-I hockey, your point is well noted. It is a big money maker and recruiting helper for Tech.

Comment

I don't take much of anything you post seriously. Your track record doesn't warrent it. Take your request and shove it.
                Perfect.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Whoa. What a weekend to not read the boards. I have much to do!

The Butt Hurt is not from the "Super Six" but the from the leftovers...
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    If ncaa hockey was in serious trouble in Alaska, there is always a chance that the NCAA will find some other way to help out, just like they did with the game exemptions.
                    It was so awful that the NCAA addressed the geographic disadvantages in scheduling that affect Alaska and Hawaii members. What the heck? Did they think these two territories were fully fledged states or something.

After all, the rules are made by people who want them to succeed.
                    Versus the people who used to make the rules with only their own success as a consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      The Butt Hurt is not from the "Super Six" but the from the leftovers...
                      Not really sweetheart ... there are some angered at the way this happened. But there are more in this thread that want to talk about how things move forward without idiotic misinformation from some fan of a team that has no involvement.

So ... yeah ... DU, UND, UMD, CC and UNO fans can **** the **** right off. How is that so hard to do? There are now three other threads where such folks can share their invaluable opinions about how the remaining WCHA best move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                        Tech has been hosting the GLI in Detroit every year since 1965. While it predates the Alaska schools coming into D-I hockey, your point is well noted. It is a big money maker and recruiting helper for Tech.
                        The only catch is that at this point, it's basically held at the whim of the B1G.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          It was so awful that the NCAA addressed the geographic disadvantages in scheduling that affect Alaska and Hawaii members. What the heck? Did they think these two territories were fully fledged states or something.

Versus the people who used to make the rules with only their own success as a consideration.
                          You really do come across as a *******.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                            You really do come across as a *******.
                            Yeah ... I think the first time I self-referred using that pejorative label (assuming you meant anal orifice) was probably nearly ten years ago.

And you really do come across as a troll.

Comment

Agreed. Happy saying that, if necessary, the NCAA will help the Alaska schools out is the epitome of trolling. What a jerk.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Agreed. Happy saying that, if necessary, the NCAA will help the Alaska schools out is the epitome of trolling. What a jerk.
                                What part of **** off is so difficult for you to understand?

Comment

Working...
                                X