Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delany doesn't rule out NCAA split: Times are a changing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delany doesn't rule out NCAA split: Times are a changing!

http://eye-on-college-football.blogs...56338/30473095

Delaney doesn't come out and say it but he is telling everybody the Big Ten will be leaving the NCAA. This might not effect hockey but we don't know yet.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Re: Delany doesn't rule out NCAA split: Times are a changing!

Dislike
    President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

Bob Dylan once wrote, The times, they are a-changin. Ron Burgundy had never heard that song
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Breaking news: Delany still a feminine hygiene product.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Pure power play. For financial reasons, school boards will support it. Its hard to say if they would support carrying through on the threat.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            http://eye-on-college-football.blogs...56338/30473095

Delaney doesn't come out and say it but he is telling everybody the Big Ten will be leaving the NCAA. This might not effect hockey but we don't know yet.
            What other coferences are rumored to leave with the big 10?
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
              What other coferences are rumored to leave with the big 10?
              I've been saying since the start of this century that the BCS conference would love to take "their money" and make their own sandbox where they don't have to share with "lessers".

Hey, in MBB Butler is a great story, but the ACC, Big Ten, Big Twelve, SEC, Pac 10, and Big East don't like having to cut a NCAA tournament revenue check to them (or any other non-BCS schools).
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                I've been saying since the start of this century that the BCS conference would love to take "their money" and make their own sandbox where they don't have to share with "lessers".

Hey, in MBB Butler is a great story, but the ACC, Big Ten, Big Twelve, SEC, Pac 10, and Big East don't like having to cut a NCAA tournament revenue check to them (or any other non-BCS schools).
                That and they also want to pay the players. In the Big Ten's opinion paying players would soften all the bs that goes on in a program. For example, OSU's problems or selling rings and stuff for money. I don't know how I feel about this but nothing would suprise me anymore.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

That and they also want to pay the players. In the Big Ten's opinion paying players would soften all the bs that goes on in a program. For example, OSU's problems or selling rings and stuff for money. I don't know how I feel about this but nothing would suprise me anymore.
                  Well, of course giving everyone a certain amount of money will stop them from going out of their way to find more, especially when offered to them. That's why the Soviet Union is the most powerful economy in the world.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

No, in the Big12's opinion they can outspend the other parties. Its that they feel so important an entitled that they should win more often than does say, the SEC. It has nothing to do with the rule breaking except that they want to take it above board.

Let's face it, they want it because they want to exercise a resource advantage and they want to obtain success that matches their ego.

---

Funny enough, OSU wouldn't have a problem if they didn't cheat... but if they didn't cheat then they wouldn't be able to reach a level of success that they want. Lets be clear what this is about. It has nothing to do with the "kids".
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                    X