Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    It's far too late in the game to attempt to paint other's as Butt Hurt when the "Super League" has had the BHHC moniker for about a year.
    But your butt hurt is so over the top!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      But your butt hurt is so over the top!
      But your proclamations are blatant exaggerations of a massively small sub-set.

Seriously, how effing stupid is it to call us butt hurt when we labeled your new conference with that name an effing year ago? Pretty effing stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        The Big 10 at six teams and if the NCHC stayed at six, that's a LOT of games they need to fill. They play each of those teams yearly, that's 24 games, plus the remaining CCHA schools would BEG to play Notre Dame... probably do a 3 for 1 or 4 for one deal. That being said, I think 444 meant how do you drum up support for a school that then has no "real" rivals, no conference standings/trophy to play for, and no conference tourney, which can come with a nice check. I agree... if a team could pull it off it'd be a Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota, and even then it'd be a longshot. Notre Dame's problem won't be filling the schedule... it'll be filling the building when they don't have as much to play for.
        Thank you for making my point more clear.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          But your proclamations are blatant exaggerations of a massively small sub-set.
          You're right, college hockey is a massively small subset of sports fans.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            That article reads like Notre Dame's third choice might be creating a Eastern NCHC...maybe WMU, ND, BC, BU, Maine, New Hampshire...that would be a wonderful kick to the nuts of the NCHC schools!
            Yeah why limit the damage to the small midwestern programs? Undermine some small east-coast schools too! It's only fair!
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              Yeah why limit the damage to the small midwestern programs? Undermine some small east-coast schools too! It's only fair!
              HE would probably be better off at 8 schools (or less) anyways.

Hard to keep up with the changes. Lets see what this would look like.

B1G (6): Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State
              NCHC (6): North Dakota, Minn-Duluth, Miami-Ohio, Neb-Omaha, Colorado College, Denver
              WCHA (6): Minn St. Mankato, SCSU, Bemidji St., No. Michigan, Alaska-Anchorage, Michigan Tech
              CCHA (8): Ferris State, Alaska, LSSU, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Canisius, Niagara, Mercyhurst
              AH (8): RIT, Air Force, Holy Cross, Connecticut, Army, Bentley, Sacred Heart, AIC
              NCHC-E (6): Notre Dame, WMU, BC, BU, New Hampshire, Maine
              ECAC (6): Union, RPI, Clarkson, Quinnipiac, SLU, Colgate
              IVY (6): Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Cornell
              HE (6): Merrimack, Northeastern, Vermont, Massachusetts, Providence, Mass-Lowell
              Indp (1): Ala-Huntsville

That's 9 autobids to the NCAA tournament by 2015-16.
              Last edited by JF_Gophers; 07-29-2011, 03:22 PM.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                HE would probably be better off at 8 schools anyways.
                If the smaller HE schools admitted Notre Dame they would be signing their death warrant. Sooner or later the "big six or eight" would bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  All games would be in prime time for Versus (7pm Et starts). Two big regions: City of Boston and Notre Dame's NBC followers. And teams that are instantly recognizable for bouncyball fans (BC, BU, ND).

I hope the call the league the American Collegiate Hockey Conference. And then schedule interleague play with the NCHC.
                  Would the American CHC teams get to use a designated hitter? It'd be the first time an eastern college hockey team ever tried to hit.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I said this on Twitter and will expand on it here:

Maybe its sentimentality or regional pride, but I think loyalty means more here in New England than in other parts of the country. BC and BU are not going to desert Providence and Northeastern after they took the chance to form a new league in 1983. Teams out west may value other things more and make moves to match their values...New England isn't like that. I like Hockey East the way it is. We don't need to be adding teams from Indiana or telling schools like UMA, UVM to get lost. In the end HEA may add Notre Dame just because the brand would strengthen the league, but it would really surprise me. I think (hope) that we're immune to the "me first" mentality that seems to have infected so many schools.

Comment

Yeah, that is definitely sentimentality or regional pride.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Wow, you are drinking the kool-aid if you think those teams are going to stay together in perpetuity simply due to loyalty.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

These moves are about money.
                          The only place "loyalty" comes before "money" is in the dictionary.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Maybe its sentimentality or regional pride, but I think loyalty means more here in New England than in other parts of the country. BC and BU are not going to desert Providence and Northeastern after they took the chance to form a new league in 1983. Teams out west may value other things more and make moves to match their values...New England isn't like that. I like Hockey East the way it is. We don't need to be adding teams from Indiana or telling schools like UMA, UVM to get lost. In the end HEA may add Notre Dame just because the brand would strengthen the league, but it would really surprise me. I think (hope) that we're immune to the "me first" mentality that seems to have infected so many schools.
                            I agree with most of your thoughts, but lets not forget the track record at the Heights. BC had no problem kicking UConn and Providence to the curb when the ACC opportunity arose. I realize that its apples and oranges to compare football/basketball with hockey, I'm just noting that BC's been down this road before, with local teams they had formed a new league with....

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

I would have thought the same thing about the schools around here as little as 8 months ago.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Wow, you are drinking the kool-aid if you think those teams are going to stay together in perpetuity simply due to loyalty.
                                Exactly...if anything, I would have thought the Midwestern values of programs like North Dakota and Minnesota-Duluth would have prevented this from happening. I was wrong and that's the biggest reason I blame UND more than anyone else for the formation of the NCHC. DU, CC and UNO are outliers so to them the travel really isn't a big deal. HEA is just as susceptible to this as the WCHA/CCHA was...the issue is when that first domino will fall. Obviously all of the western issues happened because of Terry Pegula's money and the formation of the B1G Mistake. Will BC and BU push for this to align with Notre Dame now or in the not so distant future? If Notre Dame joins Hockey East, I like many others, think its only a matter of time before an ACHC (haha, love that) forms out East.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X