Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Get your facts straight, I didn't go to madison last year because I couldn't find anyone to go with me being that it was halloween weekend. I have never had a problem with your fans, I enjoy all the attention they seem to give me...they did chant about me last season since they missed having me around. Taking my shirt off in the kohl center is actually a pretty cool moment. Having your student section care more about me than the game is a highlight.
    So you weren't one of the fans crying about our hostile fans last year? Sorry if I remembered wrong, but there were so many whining...

Also, I can't blame the students if they are looking for something else to do once Eaves tells the boys that they have to make 4 passes before they can take a shot. Even I'm bored by that point.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      While you're here, I'm hoping to go out drinking in the north suburbs, probably close to half way between my place and yours, if you want to go try to forget all of this bull****. I also might need backup, I'm likely to take a swing at anyone wearing Badgers, Sioux, Gophers or Denver gear.
      All kidding aside, lets remember what happened to the fans who were seriously injured in Grand Forks and Los Angeles recently. This type of behavior is very dangerous, usually involves a felony and makes the programs, teams or schools involved look bad.

Additionally it usually results in civil litigation that can take years and thousands of dollars to get through the courts.
      Last edited by dggoddard; 07-08-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        All kidding aside, lets remember what happened to the fans who were seriously injured in Grand Forks and Los Angeles recently. This type of behavior is very dangerous.
        **** off.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          All kidding aside, lets remember what happened to the fans who were seriously injured in Grand Forks and Los Angeles recently. This type of behavior is very dangerous.
          Not sure he's kidding. This guy's obsessed.

So now we can add internet muscles to his laundry list?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            So you weren't one of the fans crying about our hostile fans last year? Sorry if I remembered wrong, but there were so many whining...

Also, I can't blame the students if they are looking for something else to do once Eaves tells the boys that they have to make 4 passes before they can take a shot. Even I'm bored by that point.
            I do remember complaining about something about some badger fans in general. I have never had a problem with fans at the kohl center itself. Some of the retards I've ran into while out on state street are the worse I've encountered in college hockey. I never said I couldn't handle it, it was more a matter of pointing out the facts based on what I've experienced. Yager had a few bad experiences in madison last year and we just back him up with our own experiences. There have been nights in madison where I just avoided certain bars because I figured some meathead would take a swing at me because the my "leftover" program managed to beat your B1G mistake badgers...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Its a shame that people won't abide by USCHO's rules of conduct and that USCHO fails to enforce their own rules.

There are many sides to this story. People don't have agree to have a spirited debate.

Comment

While you're here, I'm hoping to go out drinking in the north suburbs, probably close to half way between my place and yours, if you want to go try to forget all of this bull****. I also might need backup, I'm likely to take a swing at anyone wearing Badgers, Sioux, Gophers or Denver gear.
                Would this include the Gopher fans you hang out with on a semi-regular basis and have been just as ****ed off about all of this (BTHC as well as BHHC) as you have? I understand your anger, but don't start just randomly going off on people who are actually on your side.

Comment

OH I'm sorry, let's say tomorrow Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, and Penn State decided they didn't like the way things were going and decided to break away from the Big Ten and create their own conference and left your school in the dust how would you feel? I for one need to vent because this is complete bull****. It all started with the B1G Mistake and then DU and UND deciding they needed Miami more than SCSU, MSUM, and MTU. Miami would be no different than SCSU and MSUM if it had been in the WCHA all those years. The reasoning behind DU and UND making these decisions is just absurd. I place the blame squarely on North Dakota because without them this Super 8 doesn't happen. DU may have wanted it, but without North Dakota, that conference would never have gotten any traction. I don't see what this accomplishes other than hurting SCSU, MSUM, BSU, MTU and UAA...all who have invested plenty into trying to keep up with the "big boys."
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Does this change things for WMU?

http://www.freep.com/article/2011070...yssey=nav|head

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      I wonder who gets in now if Notre Dame does join the Super 8....

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        It was already said that WMU has declined to join the Super 8. Depending on what Notre Dame does, the Super 8 may become a Motel 6.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                          Would this include the Gopher fans you hang out with on a semi-regular basis and have been just as ****ed off about all of this (BTHC as well as BHHC) as you have? I understand your anger, but don't start just randomly going off on people who are actually on your side.
                          Yeah, I'm really going to hit my friends.
                          Yes, they are just as ****ed about it as I am, there's no reason for me to be mad at them.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I wonder who gets in now if Notre Dame does join the Super 8....
                            I think this may change Notre Dame's plans if they were going to join the new league. I doubt ND will join the Big 10 in hockey, since the Big 10 will push for them in all sports. The new league or Hockey East is a safe play for ND and would be hockey only. The problem with the Hockey East, is the travel issues as its a bus league with everything so close, except for Orono or UVM, which are still a bus drive away.

ND's options are basically, join Hockey East, take on increased travel costs, and unfavorable home schedule (Thurs-Friday games most likely).
                            Join the new league, being the 7th team, with the 8th member in the air. Also increased travel costs.
                            Stay in the CCHA.
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                              I think this may change Notre Dame's plans if they were going to join the new league. I doubt ND will join the Big 10 in hockey, since the Big 10 will push for them in all sports. The new league or Hockey East is a safe play for ND and would be hockey only. The problem with the Hockey East, is the travel issues as its a bus league with everything so close, except for Orono or UVM, which are still a bus drive away.

ND's options are basically, join Hockey East, take on increased travel costs, and unfavorable home schedule (Thurs-Friday games most likely).
                              Join the new league, being the 7th team, with the 8th member in the air. Also increased travel costs.
                              Stay in the CCHA.
                              They could go independant. We all know how much Notre Dame has a hard on for being independant.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, I'm really going to hit my friends.
                                Yes, they are just as ****ed about it as I am, there's no reason for me to be mad at them.
                                Most Gopher fans are in the same place that you and I are, so there's no real reason to lump us in with the Badger, Sioux, and Pioneer fans who are cheerleading all of this horse****. We didn't want this, we didn't ask for this, and we'll never truly accept it.

(Apologies to the seemingly select few Badger, Sioux, and Pioneer fans who AREN'T cheerleading all of this horse****.)

Comment

Working...
                                X