Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First official thread of Nazareth hockey

Well, looks like they have a coach, according to an INCH tweet:

George Roll will be announced later this week as first head coach at Nazareth, a start-up D-3 program near Rochester, NY.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: First official thread of Nazareth hockey

Congrats to one of the nicer guys in college hockey landing on his feet. I bet you anything if Oz plays them that he will/should get a warm reception because he did help lay the groundwork for the Lakers. I hope our fans are smart enough to realize that.

Then we can proceed to beat him 4-1.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

"George Roll will be announced later this week as first head coach at Nazareth, a start-up D-3 program near Rochester, NY."

That is a great move for a new program. This should give them instant credibility from a recruiting standpoint.

Impressive first step

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Congrats to one of the nicer guys in college hockey landing on his feet. I bet you anything if Oz plays them that he will/should get a warm reception because he did help lay the groundwork for the Lakers. I hope our fans are smart enough to realize that.

Then we can proceed to beat him 4-1.
        But will he get some of Oswego's D-I transfers??
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

excellent hire for Nazareth.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

I can say they'll have a pretty good fan in their stands too

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              But will he get some of Oswego's D-I transfers??
              Two posts into a non-Oswego thread before the transfer joke comes into play? Must be some kind of record.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                Two posts into a non-Oswego thread before the transfer joke comes into play? Must be some kind of record.
                Transfer Joke?? Aside from Potter, I've not found their transfers a joke
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by FirstLadyJohnson10 View Post
                  I can say they'll have a pretty good fan in their stands too
                  Remember they don't start until 2012-2013

and you better remember Elmira comes first or no more hot ciders for you from the booster club lounge at the Domes
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

I think that Nazareth needs to look at LVC as how NOT to go about recruiting. George has a good knowledge of the CJHL (or whatever it's name is now) and the OPJHL. If he can throw in a local kid or two from the EJHL team in Rochester, he may have a decent (but very young) team to start.

There will be some growing pains, no doubt, until he gets a full 4 years of recruiting. Hopefully not 24 - 0 growing pains, but there will be painful, even ugly, losses. I'm not sure what kind of travel budget he'll have, but if Nazareth wins 5 games in year one, especially playing conference games in the ECAC-W, George (and the players) will deserve major kudos.

Next up on the expansion rumor board - Stevenson College (Baltimore) (which would give the ECAC-W the magic 7 and cut Pool C down to 2).
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I think that Nazareth needs to look at LVC as how NOT to go about recruiting. George has a good knowledge of the CJHL (or whatever it's name is now) and the OPJHL. If he can throw in a local kid or two from the EJHL team in Rochester, he may have a decent (but very young) team to start.

There will be some growing pains, no doubt, until he gets a full 4 years of recruiting. Hopefully not 24 - 0 growing pains, but there will be painful, even ugly, losses. I'm not sure what kind of travel budget he'll have, but if Nazareth wins 5 games in year one, especially playing conference games in the ECAC-W, George (and the players) will deserve major kudos.

Next up on the expansion rumor board - Stevenson College (Baltimore) (which would give the ECAC-W the magic 7 and cut Pool C down to 2).
                      They are now exploring men's hockey? Thought it was only women's.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        They are now exploring men's hockey? Thought it was only women's.
                        Women are a go next season. Then build a rink and the mens team is assumed (rumored) for the 14-15 or 15-16 season.

But by then Naz will be up and running.
                        Last edited by joecct; 07-06-2011, 10:00 AM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Women are a go next season. Then build a rink and the mens team is assumed (rumored) for the 14-15 or 15-16 season.

But by then Naz will be up and running.
                          They find a coach yet? lol.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Nazareth has a very good athletic program, and with Roll coaching, I would expect them to be good quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
                              Nazareth has a very good athletic program, and with Roll coaching, I would expect them to be good quickly.
                              I totally agree. Naz seems to know what they are doing and I think they can contend in 3-5 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X