X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The end of leagues as we know?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Details on how the sneaky ******** stabbed the rest of the league in the back: http://www.adn.com/2011/07/07/195723...aa-jilted.html

And its more dispicable than you would expect. I can't post what I'd do if I ran into one of these disgusting pieces of ****.
    Geez, all this whining about having only 5 teams, being in a conference with certain schools, and yet there's one school that just wants to even be IN A CONFERENCE....

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
      I think we can all agree that your reaction to all of this is hilarious.
      Yeah, it is real funny when teams are killed off.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, it is real funny when teams are killed off.
        I must have missed all of these programs folding. By my count we have actually gained one team this offseason.
        Notre Dame Hockey
        Reigning Big Ten Champions
        Reigning CCHA Champions
        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

WaP's take on this: http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/07/...onference.html

I don't write for them.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Geez, all this whining about having only 5 teams, being in a conference with certain schools, and yet there's one school that just wants to even be IN A CONFERENCE....
            I'm with you to a degree. I'm at the point where I'd like to add UAH, keep the 6-team autobid, and point and laugh when all the super conference fans whine because "undeserving" teams get in ahead of them.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

WCHA should be ultra competitive this season with all of the teams trying to jam each other for all the under-the-table dealings.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                I'm with you to a degree. I'm at the point where I'd like to add UAH, keep the 6-team autobid, and point and laugh when all the super conference fans whine because "undeserving" teams get in ahead of them.
                Not to mention, on the CCHA side, you might see some Atlantic West defections.

Comment

According to the Duluth News Tribune, Western Michigan is no longer in the picture.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    According to the Duluth News Tribune, Western Michigan is no longer in the picture.
                    If they do a Super 7 then (both Miami and ND), WCHA should take on UAH, you've got 6 and 6.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      WCHA should be ultra competitive this season with all of the teams trying to jam each other for all the under-the-table dealings.
                      I think this is an understatement.

Quote from Bruce McLeod:
                      “There’s going to be some awful, awful hard feelings, and that will be reflected in scheduling prerogatives for all of the institutions involved, et cetera. So it’s not going to be an easy road here for the next couple of years, that’s for sure.”
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Super League has retained a branding firm. They are in discussions with Versus about a national TV contract. If they were to get Versus there's a chance the games might be telecast in Canada [hmmm...recruiting].

I think they are going to discover many new revenue streams that weren't available before and it appears that they are serious about running the league more like a business.
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 07-08-2011, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Details on how the sneaky ******** stabbed the rest of the league in the back: http://www.adn.com/2011/07/07/195723...aa-jilted.html

And its more dispicable than you would expect. I can't post what I'd do if I ran into one of these disgusting pieces of ****.
                          According to the linked article, the WCHA unanimously voted to invite Miami and Notre Dame. If that were to happen, the smaller schools of the west would be in an even more precarious position. Please don't act like your precious smaller schools would not have acted selfishly if they were given the chance. They are on record as voting to pillage the CCHA for their own gain. Your victim act is tiresome.
                          Notre Dame Hockey
                          Reigning Big Ten Champions
                          Reigning CCHA Champions
                          Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

WMU is out of the Super 8 conference? I never thought I'd see the day when the CCHA is on more solid ground than the WCHA.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                              According to the linked article, the WCHA unanimously voted to invite Miami and Notre Dame. If that were to happen, the smaller schools of the west would be in an even more precarious position. Please don't act like your precious smaller schools would not have acted selfishly if they were given the chance. They are on record as voting to pillage the CCHA for their own gain. Your victim act is tiresome.
                              no. we would have acted in what would be the best interest for college hockey. not all schools are as self centered as Denver. Rocky Mountain arrogance and all.

I think the Super8 is going to discover many new revenue streams are NOT available. college hockey is still a niche sport and the average sports fan could give a flying f* about DU hockey.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                I think the Super8 is going to discover many new revenue streams are NOT available. college hockey is still a niche sport and the average sports fan could give a flying f* about DU hockey.
                                I can't wait for them to fall on their faces. What are the lowest TV ratings in history? Do they realize that about 17 people total care about Denver hockey and that 50% of the TVs in North Dakota are under water at any given time? But don't worry, they have the nationally promient UNO, UMD and Miami of Ohio to get ratings. Give me a break, no one nationally is going to care about it.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X