Boston College Eagles 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Eagles 2011-2012

After a herculean effort of winning the Beanpot Championship, the Hockey East Championship, reaching the Final 4 and finishing number 3 in the final rankings, the BC Eagles will enter the 2011-2012 season with lots of potential, but minus the services of Olympians Kelli Stack and Molly Schaus. BC looks to be very strong on defense, yet question marks exist between the pipes as well as how often their ever maturing forwards can put the puck in the net. An early season visit to UMD will be a test of the team's fortitude with a true indication regarding their ability to be depicted by their performance in Hockey East throughout the year. Another good recruiting year along with many solid players could make for another successful year in Chestnut Hill.

Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012

Congrats to All:

Hockey East Announces 2010-11 All-Academic Team
    Seventeen men's and women's student-athletes earn academic distinction

June 15, 2011

Seventeen Boston College hockey student-athletes - 12 women and five men - have earned 2010-11 Hockey East All-Academic Team honors, according to a league announcement made on Wednesday.

Molly Schaus highlighted the recipients, attaining the highest grade point average among all conference goalies. The Natick, Mass., resident also achieved "Distinguished Scholar" honors after concluding her collegiate career as a four-time All-Academic team honoree. Classmates Katelyn Kurth and Kelli Stack earned the honor for the third time in their four years.

Melissa Bizzari, Corinne Boyles, Kristina Brown, Laura Hart, Kiera Kingston, Jessica Martino, Kristin Regan, Mary Restuccia and Megan Shea also earned academic honors on the women's side. Juniors Kingston, Regan and Shea are each three-time recipients while Boyles, Hart and Restuccia are each two-time honorees.

Bill Arnold, Patrick Brown, Brooks Dyroff, Isaac MacLeod and Patrick Wey each earned academic distinction on the men's side. Dyroff is a two-time recipient.

To be eligible, each student-athlete achieved a grade-point average of 3.0 or better in each of the two academic periods during the 2010-11 season.

Comment

Have tix to the Bosox vs KC game this coming Thursday with a 1:35pm start. Never been before. Wondered if anyone had any insight on where to go for pre and post game beer and nosh? Are afternoon games popular? What time would a party of six have to be down there in order to get in to some of the local establishments?

Are these really the best bets? http://boston.about.com/od/food/tp/B...FenwayPark.htm

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Have tix to the Bosox vs KC game this coming Thursday with a 1:35pm start. Never been before. Wondered if anyone had any insight on where to go for pre and post game beer and nosh? Are afternoon games popular? What time would a party of six have to be down there in order to get in to some of the local establishments?

Are these really the best bets? http://boston.about.com/od/food/tp/B...FenwayPark.htm
        Not a Boston area resident but go to 4-5 Sox games a year. Every game is a sell out and the afternoon games we have gone to have a lot of dads and kids and business men working deals with a beer and Fenway frank..

Get there early 3 hours or more prior to first pitch if you want to take in the full atmosphere...
        Last edited by WHKY blogger; 07-23-2011, 12:25 PM. Reason: cant spell..
        The WCHA Dynasty
        Wisconsin
        National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
        MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
        National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
        MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
        National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
        MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
          Get there early 3 hours or more prior to first pitch if you want to take in the full atmosphere...
          Pretty much sums it up. The place is like Times Square on New Years every time there is a game.

Comment

good press for the BC program. alumni, current players and new freshman all included. points to a continued solid program. congrats to all and good luck at the camp.

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/w-ho...ckey-body.html

Comment

Found this as well.

http://www.stkatesathletics.com/news...803110215.aspx

Comment

Carpenter will be huge. Only a freshman but she is very, very, very good. Have seen her play for years. Has always had tremendous hockey smarts. great anticipation.

Comment

JOE and GRANT!! Where are you guys?? Season is getting close, schedule is out, team is in place. Has the corporate world completely consumed you guys?? Need to hear your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
                    JOE and GRANT!! Where are you guys?? Season is getting close, schedule is out, team is in place. Has the corporate world completely consumed you guys?? Need to hear your thoughts.
                    Youth is fickle....and preoccupied with the opposite sex. ;p

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
                      Originally posted by Hux View Post
                      Youth is fickle....and preoccupied with the opposite sex. ;p
                      It's a combination of both for me, actually... haha

Aside from working full time like everyone else, I've also been planning my wedding (October 8th) and working with my fiancée on applying for a mortgage to possibly buy a house. Both of those are taking up quite a bit of my waking hours... and ripping my nerves to shreds. Work and looking for a house have been far more stressful than the wedding though, that's the one thing that keeps me going!

As far as thoughts... to be perfectly honest, every time I think about women's hockey I see Welchie getting denied and Wisco going the length of the ice and scoring a cheap goal... Joe feels like I should be over it but it just sucks. I don't care about this "but they went so far, it was a great year!" nonsense. Last year was our national championship year. We would have broken BU like a goalie stick over Wilcox's head. The loss to Wisco was one of the worst sports moments I've ever gone through, no exaggeration. I'm talking '03 ALCS awful.

I don't know much about Carpenter but from the sounds of it she is going to be our much needed lightning bolt to replace Stack. The team has a solid core, the question is going to be if they can grow enough to make up for the loss of the two greatest players in program history.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

As a side note, I don't think my signature will ever get old.

Comment

A rare triple post from everyone's favorite overreactive BCWH fan!

I know I must be wicked late to this party, but can someone tell me how in the hell I can find my rep?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            A rare triple post from everyone's favorite overreactive BCWH fan!

I know I must be wicked late to this party, but can someone tell me how in the hell I can find my rep?
                            Think there's more than one way to get there. The route I take is to click "Forum Actions" in tool bar towards upper left, then click
                            "General Settings" on the drop down menu, then at upper left you'll see the word "settings" with a little house/home icon...click on that "Settings" and you're there.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              ... looking for a house have been far more stressful ...
                              In today's economy, I strongly recommend the refrigerator box. Just make sure it is under an overpass ... location, location, location.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                              X