X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

Originally posted by Crowdedbrain View Post
    B. Pietila drafted by N.J. Devil's, 8th pick of the 5th round (129th overall), right after Seth Ambroze (who was thought to go as high as 31st overall).
    The NHL draft seems to be more of a crap shoot then a sure thing. Some teams develop their players better then others.

Comment

An interesting post on the RPI blog Without a Peer on the historic rivalry (or lack thereof) between two hockey engineering schools http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/06/look-in-mirror.html. It includes a link to a petition that some may want to sign.

I have no connection to the blog (although other USCHO posters do) except as a reader.

PS. "She stands today without a peer" is a line from from the RPI alma mater.

Edit: Just realized that this is also on a Tech blog. They have the RPI enrollment way off. It is quite similar to MTU's.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-25-2011, 02:01 PM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Edit: Just realized that this is also on a Tech blog. They have the RPI enrollment way off. It is quite similar to MTU's.
        Fixed, I blame Red Cloud for not catching that in cross proof reading.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          Fixed, I blame Red Cloud for not catching that in cross proof reading.
          It's always easy to blame RC.

BTW, RPI also has had 3 NCAA appearances, not 2, since 1985, (1994, 1995, and 2011).
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            It's always easy to blame RC.

BTW, RPI also has had 3 NCAA appearances, not 2, since 1985, (1994, 1995, and 2011).
            I'm starting to think he never read it and just said it looks good.
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Mel Pearson has his first recruit that slipped under the radar. Jimmy Davis, a defenseman, was likely to go to the USHL this fall originally, but will join the Huskies again.

Comment

Mel Pearson has his first recruit that slipped under the radar. Jimmy Davis, a defenseman, was likely to go to the USHL this fall originally, but will join the Huskies again.
                where is he from?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

straight out of HS? that doesn't seem right.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    straight out of HS? that doesn't seem right.
                    The article I found said he was going to play in the NAHL this coming season...for Port Huron (4 wins last year). I'm no impressed.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Found this article that confirms he was USHL bound.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-ra...s_drafted.html

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Found this article that confirms he was USHL bound.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-ra...s_drafted.html
                        So he is a verbal commit for what year?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          The article I found said he was going to play in the NAHL this coming season...for Port Huron (4 wins last year). I'm no impressed.
                          This one is from today.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            So he is a verbal commit for what year?
                            Sounds like this fall, right Flashy?

EDIT: There we go, good find.

Comment

Submitted to MTU sports information contact:

"As I'm sure you know (at least I pray you do), one of your incoming freshman was drafted into the NHL on Saturday. The fact that there is not a release or mention of this on any Tech site is a major failure, and is particularly egregious given how rare this occurrence has become at Tech. A majority of our WCHA competitors put out releases immediately. With new coaches and a new winning attitude, I encourage you to find new focus, and get hockey sports information right!"

Comment

Originally posted by Crowdedbrain View Post
                                Submitted to MTU sports information contact:

"As I'm sure you know (at least I pray you do), one of your incoming freshman was drafted into the NHL on Saturday. The fact that there is not a release or mention of this on any Tech site is a major failure, and is particularly egregious given how rare this occurrence has become at Tech. A majority of our WCHA competitors put out releases immediately. With new coaches and a new winning attitude, I encourage you to find new focus, and get hockey sports information right!"
                                Bravo...they deserve criticism for that big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X