This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Economics of Liechtenstein

I might be particularly concerned if I had recently had an altercation with a police officer. Let's hope this translates into effort on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Now that is completely true as far as I know...technically it is possible that players currently on the roster could lose the scholarship $ they were expecting for this coming school year because Mel doesn't agree...not the greatest approach to things considering technically he can't really interact with them too much until October.
      When do practices start?

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
        When do practices start?
        Players can weight lift and skate on the ice on their own time as soon as they want to.

Coaches practices, where the coach is allowed to give direction on the ice doesn't start until I think October 1st. It's a certain number of days BEFORE the NCAA Championship game, I just can never remember the days.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

132 day playing season. Practice sessions may not start prior to the 25th Saturday prior to the start of the NCAA championship.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

If true, no doubt a few sensitive-types are going to see this as a bit of a dick move by Pearson, and some guys are bound to be disappointed when they are relegated to walk-on status this fall, but I think it's necessary to seriously stoke some fires. If there's one thing Mel says he learned from Red, it's to treat players like professionals. That means no handouts and compensation according to performance. He wanted them to be the hardest working team this offseason, and I think it's safe to say that they will be with scholie money possibly on the line, and ice time certainly up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              132 day playing season. Practice sessions may not start prior to the 25th Saturday prior to the start of the NCAA championship.
              They should change that rule to the a certain number of days after the conclusion of a teams prior season. That way the teams that need the extra practice can get it.

Comment

They should change that rule to the a certain number of days after the conclusion of a teams prior season. That way the teams that need the extra practice can get it.
                I like it! Petition, anyone?
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I think most of the players are on partials and maybe they are treated differently that full rides. I would be surprised if he yanked a full ride but certainly playing time is going to be at a premium and he has to make room for a few new players besides. Also encouraging someone to find another place is not all that uncommon, witness a couple of players from DU who chose to go elsewhere.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I think most of the players are on partials and maybe they are treated differently that full rides. I would be surprised if he yanked a full ride but certainly playing time is going to be at a premium and he has to make room for a few new players besides. Also encouraging someone to find another place is not all that uncommon, witness a couple of players from DU who chose to go elsewhere.
                    Full or partial the rides themselves are treated the same. They are all renewable on a yearly basis. How the player performs is what matters and obviously if they are on a partial then they were not as good as those on a full. Curious when are they officially renewed?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      Full or partial the rides themselves are treated the same. They are all renewable on a yearly basis. How the player performs is what matters and obviously if they are on a partial then they were not as good as those on a full. Curious when are they officially renewed?
                      I was wondering the same thing. I would think that it would have to be before the start of the semester for obvious reasons. I was also a bit surpised that coached practices didn't start until October 1. That's not a whole lot of time to put in a new system before games start (first exhibition game on Oct 1). I know it was just an estimate, but even if the date is mid-September, that's tight.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. I would think that it would have to be before the start of the semester for obvious reasons. I was also a bit surpised that coached practices didn't start until October 1. That's not a whole lot of time to put in a new system before games start (first exhibition game on Oct 1). I know it was just an estimate, but even if the date is mid-September, that's tight.
                        Coaches can meet with the players before hand to give them instruction on what systems they're working on, to watch game tapes, do weight lifting, and any off ice instruction.

On-ice coach instruction/drills cannot start until 25 Saturdays before the NCAA Championship (thanks for that Flashy). The captains are certainly more than welcome to take his teammates on the ice and guide them through the motions though.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I always thought it worked out to be the second weekend of October, but counting backwards from the Championship last year and this coming year, I end up with the third or fourth weekend of October.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I always thought it worked out to be the second weekend of October, but counting backwards from the Championship last year and this coming year, I end up with the third or fourth weekend of October.
                            I thought Flashy said it was the start of the championship, so that would make up for your couple week discrepancy, if you're going by the Championship game.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Oh I see, the championship tournament. That makes sense.

Comment

Thiis thread is so reminiscent of the munchkins coming back out in the Wizard of Oz once its safe and the witch is gone
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X