This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I have it from a very good source that Ben Johnson should have been an easy commitment for Mel and that somehow he bungled it up. I hope that isn't a sign of whats to come.
    What if Mel thought he was overrated or do you think it may have got bungled up with the 2nd time around hiring?
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Re: Economics of Liechtenstein

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      What if Mel thought he was overrated or do you think it may have got bungled up with the 2nd time around hiring?
      Depends on how it went. I can see Mel telling him to go to juniors for a year or two. Doesn't seem that Ben was thinking that for him to move and cut off that option.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I wonder who can throw a lawnmower further....
        Please. Frattin beat Finley. Furne wouldn't stand a chance...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Please. Frattin beat Finley. Furne wouldn't stand a chance...
          Don't hate just because he went to the wrong private, he's still one of your people.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I would expect some disciplinary action to follow here.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

If we were a football school, we'd just suspend him for the exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I would expect some disciplinary action to follow here.
                I agree. Mel will have to lay down the law, so everyone knows that this BS won't be allowed. I would guess somewhere in the 10-15 game suspension to start the season.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

Whoever you are, I think you've succeded, and had your fun. You can crawl back into your hole now.

Comment

Details of Mel's contract.
                    http://wp.me/p1BNCG-z
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Kinrade lives the dream as Binghamton captures 2011 Calder Cup Championship Tuesday in Houston

By Bruce Fuhr
                      The Nelson Daily Sports

At the start of the Calder Cup playoffs Nelson’s Geoff Kinrade had a gut instinct about his American Hockey League squad — Binghamton Senators.

“It's a different feeling,” Kinrade told The Nelson Daily prior to start of the post season.

“It's been a while since I've been on a team that has this kind of potential,” added the 25-year-old defenceman in his second year with Binghamton.

“My first year in Cowichan (Valley of the B.C. Hockey League) would have to be the last time I was on a team that has a really good chance to go all the way.”

Cowichan Valley didn’t win the BCHL title.

However, Tuesday night in Houston Kinrade's second best team turned out to be the best as the B-Sens won the AHL crown.

Ryan Keller scored a power play goal midway through the third period, and goalie Robin Lehner shut the door the rest of the way, sparking Binghamton to a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over the Houston Aeros in the Calder Cup Final.

The Sens, rallying from a 2-1 deficit after two periods, won three straight games en route to clinching the title in six games.

Lehner, taking home the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy as the most valuable player of the 2011 Calder Cup Playoffs, stopped all 15 shots in the third period for Binghamton as Houston threw everything but the kitchen sink at the B-Sens goal — finishing the game with a 36-27 shot advantage.

The win capped off a rags to riches story for the Ottawa Senators farm team.

Binghamton had missed the playoffs for five consecutive seasons prior to entering the 2010-11 campaign. But the B-Sens finished the season off in style, earning Binghamton’s first championship in 29 years of hosting an American Hockey League franchise.

The Senators also established an AHL record with 10 road victories this postseason (10-2) and finished 15-4 in their final 19 playoff games overall after falling into a 3-1 deficit against the Manchester Monarchs in the first round.

Binghamton overcame that deficit against Manchester by winning all games in series in overtime.

The B-Sens then outlasted the Portland Pirates (4-2) before sweeping the Charlotte Checkers (4-0) en route to the Finals match-up with Houston.

Kinrade, who signed a free agent contact with Binghamton in 2009, finished the playoffs playing all 23 games. The Nelson Minor Hockey product had a goal and four assists and was a plus two.

His only goal of the playoffs came in overtime against Manchester in game six.

=============================

More Kinrade from his hometown paper:
                      Kinrade's minutes continue to grow as B-Sens progress down AHL Calder Cup playoff trail
                      Kinrade makes most of increased time as Sens advance on AHL playoff trail

Comment

Former Michigan Tech Hockey Head Coach Newell Brown is one win away from the Stanley Cup. His brother Phil played for NMU in the late 80's. Newell Brown coached tech from 1990 to 1992.

Comment

For a news update from the Tech site Congrats Geoff Kinrade

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/S...14&SPSID=90383

Comment

Good thing Tech wasn't mentioned in this Kinrade article

http://thenelsondaily.com/news/sport...ay-houston-119

Comment

I wonder when Mucklat is going to start.

Also I understand the rink is real torn up due to numerous leaks in the refrigerant.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I wonder when Muckalt is going to start.
                                This week

Comment

Working...
                                X