X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

http://www.mtu.edu/umc/faculty-staff/alphabetized/

I would have never imagined this many people were involved in Tech's marketing and website maintenance/productions with the quality of their athletic websites and video feeds.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS

I would have never imagined this many people were involved in Tech's marketing and website maintenance/productions with the quality of their athletic websites and video feeds.
      I would LOVE to see a video feed that doesn't suck...
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi
        I would LOVE to see a video feed that doesn't suck...
        They're not great, but I would say UND's and UAA's video feeds aren't too bad. And UAA's is free.

Also, several of the schools I'm thinking of that use the B2 network aren't horrible, but they're better than ours. It just sucks that ours is the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          They're not great, but I would say UND's and UAA's video feeds aren't too bad. And UAA's is free.

Also, several of the schools I'm thinking of that use the B2 network aren't horrible, but they're better than ours. It just sucks that ours is the worst.
          I meant that as I would love to see Tech's video feed not suck. The majority of the others are no way near as bad as ours, it is absolutely awful. And being stuck in Wisconsin... I'd love to be able to watch the games...
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

The video feed has got to improve, no question. It's basically unwatchable, which is ridiculous for the $60/year they charge for it. I canceled it last summer and won't consider it again until I know they've upgraded the camera system.

Comment

If you remember U of M announced a video upgrade to yost at a cost of 6 million dollars.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky
                With that attitude, I'm glad we didn't go after him. I doubt he's in a position to state whether or not the MTU team was demoralized, let alone any sort of causation. I'd argue that going back just 3-4 years with a trip to the final five, MTU wasn't exactly failing. Not succeeding, but there are plenty of other D2 schools in the WCHA with whom Tech should be able to compete. In fact, with the departure of Minnesota and Wisconsin the WCHA is full of schools at a similar level to Tech with North Dakota and Denver being the only D1 schools (I didn't bother looking this up, so I might be wrong, but the general point remains valid).
                FYI, UNO is D1 now also.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

With that attitude you might as well go D3 to increase your morale. I would opine the team was demoralized moreso from the restrictive coaching style than the quality of opponents. Granted they made the NCAA's (autobid?) but I don't think it's coincidence that from the conference they have come from, they have only won one game. From every level I have witnessed, increasing your quality of competition during the season only helps you during the post season. I have nothing wrong with them wanting to remain status quo but stating from an outside perspective that a team is losing (and infers that team will continue to lose) because of demoralization from overwhelming opponents is a bit misconstrued IMO.
                  Northwestern in Big 10 football.

Comment

Yeah, and they all dedicate all of their efforts towards athletics. In reality only a few of them even touch anything athletic.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Time to avoid the Tech thread again.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        FYI, UNO is D1 now also.
                        They're now transitioning to D1 now, after selling out their football and wrestling teams.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          Time to avoid the Tech thread again.
                          With them ignored it's not too bad...

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83
                            Yeah, and they all dedicate all of their efforts towards athletics. In reality only a few of them even touch anything athletic.
                            Four of them directly claim "hockey" on their work interests.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky
                              I find it as annoying as the next guy, but in respect for people who have family with down syndrome, maybe another adjective is in order.
                              That would not be the approach to take with bb_dl.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold
                                That would not be the approach to take with bb_dl.
                                Yeah, bb_dl isn't the most PC person around.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X