Adrian College Gripefest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian College Gripefest

Since the high road has been obliterated and the other thread is now horribly off topic....

....carry on here.

Re: Adrian College Gripefest

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
    Last I checked hockey is a game. If you were to tell me this coach hurt your daughters education. I would feel your pain. Because your daughter might not played enough doesn't warrant posting a TEAM letter that should have stayed in house. If you would have just made the comment you thought she was a terrible coach I wouldn't have responded. You posted a team letter that should have been kept in house. Again I'll state how do we know ALL the players signed it and it's not just something you wrote and sent to whomever. Because you stated it? Not good enough. I've seen some nice posts about this coach and your daughter chose to play for her didn't she?
    Hockey is a game. It doesn't ruin peoples lives like let's say the letter you posted.

Here is the deal you have no clue what you are talking about ever. You don't know who posted what and yet you keep acusing people of posting things they don't and maintain an attitude of smarter then you at all times. First go back read who posted what at least get that part right. Next please don't tell me your inside source on what went on there is I have seen some nice posts ( did they tell you who they are ?) . At this point only two classes chose to play for this coach the others came from the first coach. Another fact you have wrong. Don't know if thats the case for the players and parents that have posted here. Just saying it's possible. Still have not got an answer to how much you have followed the program. I am assuming a lot because you know so much. Now if you could go to the local school and take a reading for adults course so you could at least understand who,what and where of what has been posted. Just sayin if you can't get what you just read right what are the odds you get anything right.

Comment

Hockey is just a game. It does not ruin peoples lives like let's say the letter you posted.
      Like I said you clearly don't understand because you don't have something you care this much about. Hockey is more than a sport, its a lifestyle, its a tradition, its a family activity. There is no greater feeling in the world to a true hockey player than when you lace up the skates and your blades hit the ice. At that moment nothing else matters. Until you can say that you have felt that you can not claim to know as much as you are.
      Last edited by bdogsfan; 06-15-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

First, I really hope they get a better coach over all, mentor, teacher, friend, parent and coach. Because that is what a coach is.

Second, a coach like a friend, parent, teacher, mentor can ruin a persons love for some thing. To think other wise is like living in a cave secluded from the outside world.

Third, many of the greats have made there coaches think outside the box with their play, comments and questions. They have even forced them to make tough decisions, some good, some bad.

Fourth, one can only hope the former coach learns from this, because if I have learned anything from watching sports. The coach is going to get another chance.

Fifth, the saddest part of all of this is not the comments, but the fact how many young girls lost the chance of playing the last of their competitive hockey... that I feel bad for.

Comment

I wasn't going to post about this again. But come on people. This is college hockey. Coaches do what they can to get the best players to play at their college. Do theysometimes lie to do this. I feel they do. It's so competitive as a coach you have to paint a picture. Suzie if you come here you will play a ton. Be on the PP and PK etc. I know first hand about this and have heard from many parents at many colleges of same promises. Many sparents and players hate the coach at all levels trust me this is nothing new. I bet you won't be happy next year and the year after and the year after. Because many like you seem to have all the answers from the stands. Coaching isn't easy and there isn't one way to do it. Someday maybe you'll understand this. Maybe?

The fact is Look at Herb Brooks. He like many great coaches don't or didn't treat their players as friends. Most will have their assistants do this. Coaches need to be tough to get the most out of their players.

I know absolutley nothing about Adrian womens hockey. My simple point was please don't post letters which are supposed to be I feel kept within the team I don't know who posted it and don't care. It's ok to question or give opinions about a coach or even a player.

About ruining a person's life? I think it's silly to say this. If my daughter came to me and said this coach is ruining my life I would tell her to read a newspaper or watch the news at night as see all the real tragedies out there. Keep working hard and be happy you have the opportunity to play into your college years as MANY don't have this opportunity. Work hard at your school work as that is more improtant.

I love the sport of hockey and feel there is none better. But it is a GAME and I can think of many things that come before it in life. God, Family, Education, Job just to mention a few.

You can all cheer this is my last post about this.

Comment

W, glad you are leaving. Your uninformed opinion combined with your 1st grade reading level has made you look like an *** time after time. Any person that cannot stay on topic, know where something came from or who is just not worth listening too, should leave. I have some advice for you, stay away from anything you might have to think about. Go back to your normal threads and repeat the lines of people wiser then you over and over again. Because you and thinking can not be used in the same sentence. I can not believe you do not understand the gravity of this situation and all you care about is who everybody is. Good thing you did not give out your name because you are an embarassment to yourself, your family and the human race. Re-read these posts please then appologise to all concerned for your lack of knowledge, poor reading comprehension and over all lack of self esteem. I am sorry you are such a small person being belittled by everyone you know but it is probably self inflicted, maybe because you don't let facts influence your opinion. I can not believe that you don't know S--- are proud to state that fact but still castigate people that do have a keen sense of the facts. Anyway thank you for admitting you have no clue ( by the way we knew it from your first post ) it is not your fault you can't think some people just don't have that ability.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
              I wasn't going to post about this again. But come on people. This is college hockey. Coaches do what they can to get the best players to play at their college. Do theysometimes lie to do this. I feel they do. It's so competitive as a coach you have to paint a picture. Suzie if you come here you will play a ton. Be on the PP and PK etc. I know first hand about this and have heard from many parents at many colleges of same promises. Many sparents and players hate the coach at all levels trust me this is nothing new. I bet you won't be happy next year and the year after and the year after. Because many like you seem to have all the answers from the stands. Coaching isn't easy and there isn't one way to do it. Someday maybe you'll understand this. Maybe?

The fact is Look at Herb Brooks. He like many great coaches don't or didn't treat their players as friends. Most will have their assistants do this. Coaches need to be tough to get the most out of their players.

I know absolutley nothing about Adrian womens hockey. My simple point was please don't post letters which are supposed to be I feel kept within the team I don't know who posted it and don't care. It's ok to question or give opinions about a coach or even a player.

About ruining a person's life? I think it's silly to say this. If my daughter came to me and said this coach is ruining my life I would tell her to read a newspaper or watch the news at night as see all the real tragedies out there. Keep working hard and be happy you have the opportunity to play into your college years as MANY don't have this opportunity. Work hard at your school work as that is more improtant.

I love the sport of hockey and feel there is none better. But it is a GAME and I can think of many things that come before it in life. God, Family, Education, Job just to mention a few.

You can all cheer this is my last post about this.
              Very well stated and the right perspective. As I stated on other similar threads before, to me it's appalling that insiders post inside info and lambaste the programs or the people that run it.
              Last edited by OnMAA; 06-17-2011, 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                Very well stated and the right perspective. As I stated on other similar threads before, to me it's appaling that insiders post inside info and lambaste the programs or the people that run it.
                +1

Comment

I agree as well. Good luck to the next coach.

Comment

Looking back to when I was a young university athlete the sport was my life even though I was well read. It's only after losing a parent and all other life experiences that you have a little more sane perspective about the role of sport in life. That being said ...Why should we accept what should be one of the best parts of our life be anything but? I love looking back to that part of my life and remembering those moments when you are in that zone. I mean the daily grind of adulthood is enough of a reality check don't you think. I don't think one needs to suck this ( college hockey) up and say this is one of life struggles.The only struggles the girls should be facing is the balancing act of school/hockey/social/minor team conflicts.
                    I would think there are many coaches who can fit the bill , be exacting and demanding without belittling.
                    The coach was young from what I understand and lacking the tools at this point. The administration has a chance to do right by the girls now.
                    Just my two cents --criticize away . After all in the great scheme of things not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by LG4 View Post
                      Looking back to when I was a young university athlete the sport was my life even though I was well read. It's only after losing a parent and all other life experiences that you have a little more sane perspective about the role of sport in life. That being said ...Why should we accept what should be one of the best parts of our life be anything but? I love looking back to that part of my life and remembering those moments when you are in that zone. I mean the daily grind of adulthood is enough of a reality check don't you think. I don't think one needs to suck this ( college hockey) up and say this is one of life struggles.The only struggles the girls should be facing is the balancing act of school/hockey/social/minor team conflicts.
                      I would think there are many coaches who can fit the bill , be exacting and demanding without belittling.
                      The coach was young from what I understand and lacking the tools at this point. The administration has a chance to do right by the girls now.
                      Just my two cents --criticize away . After all in the great scheme of things not a big deal.
                      Thank you! That was very well said from a person with no ties to the program.
                      Just to reitterate nobody ever said lives were ruined only a lost love of the game.

Comment

Could you please do us all a favour and zip it? You know nothing about the program. I am a former player as well (and no I wont tell you my name, so dont ask) most of the stuff that has been written about players making suggestions and voicing their concerns has to do with me. You figure me for whoever you want. Not that I care. I have been playing the game for 20 years and I do know a thing or two about hockey. YES, she was a terrible coach, and YES she was completely unprofessional at times. She was a good person at time and unlike some people I don't judge a book by its cover. I knew Lomanto well enough to know that she is a good person in fact if you needed her to be a great perosn she could. But, she is not a great coach! She is young yes, but the amount of years she has with coaching she should at least be able to control her own players and what goes on amongst them. I am not saying she needs to be a referee, but she needed to gain respect from her players not just walk in and act like you own the **** place! That was the problem from the get go. YES, I do agree with the player that posted that letter! GOOD FOR YOU! if this is what it takes for Colleges to finally get rid of coaches that do not belong as head coaches then so be it. I wish Melissa Lomanto all the best with her future endeavours and hope she takes peoples advice!
                        Posted on coaching changes by crazyhockyfan1.
                        Again very well said.
                        Last edited by hockeyfan1; 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan1 View Post
                          The player was benched for expressing her opinion. It was all about systems. The girl who spoke has an incredable understanding of the game as well as amazing skills.
                          As parents we were asked for 2 years to keep quiet and let the girls try to handle the situation. After they wrote the letter which was signed by the entire team and got nowhere with it we were then asked by the girls to express our feelings to the AD.
                          The player in question here was Kempson(not saying she is the one that posted the letter, but the one that was cut for expressing her opinion.) IF you were at the Adrian/RIT game last spring...she was probably the player from Adrian that stood out to you.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsinhockey01 View Post
                            • USCHO FAN BLOGS – People outside of the team and Adrian College have recognized her lack of coaching skill.
                            • ”Also heard that Adrian’s coach took the bye week as an opportunity to go on vacation and leave her players without practicing for a week. that’s a good approach to the first round of the playoffs. Let's go Concordia for the 1st Round Upset!!”
                            (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=84634&page=14)

• “You are right. They all are different teams then last year Lf certainly was improved and RF stayed competitive. Adrian on the other hand got worse. I am not saying it is all the coach but look at reasons they lose games and most can be directly related lack of direction and focus most of which the coach has to identify and correct. I have watched many of their games this season and have yet to see any sign of an organized break out, power play or penalty kill. I see players on the ice for 25 minutes or more a game coming off their shift gassed or scored on. The penalty kill is in the bottom of D-3 and yet they rank as one of the highest in penalties taken. It seems to me that all of these items should be controlled by the coach. She has a roster that when you watch them appear very talented but do not play any system, show any discipline and look like they are coached by some house league parent instead of a college coach. I would say that makes most of it her fault six or seven more wins would have been nice.” (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=84634&page=20)
                            Haha did you really put my post in your letter??
                            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                              The player in question here was Kempson(not saying she is the one that posted the letter, but the one that was cut for expressing her opinion.) IF you were at the Adrian/RIT game last spring...she was probably the player from Adrian that stood out to you.
                              She was not the player who posted the letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X