X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011 Part II: The Bryce is Right

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Canadian teams regularly play three games in a weekend.

You're welcome.
    Do they play two games in one day, especially given travel? THAT is my basis for who we play if the game is October 1st.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-24-2011, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Do they play two games in one day, especially given travel? THAT is my basis for who we play if the game is October 1st.
      No. That would be moronic.

You're welcome.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

(not discounting the possibility of the exhibition game going to the 2nd, 3rd, or even September 30th).
        I can guarantee that the RPI men won't be playing an exhibition game on September 30th.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          No. That would be moronic.

You're welcome.
          Perhaps even more stupid-and then it would be imbecilic (slightly lower than moronic) or even worse idiotic (the lowest). That is of course using the old IQ scale from when I trained in psychiatry back in 1969. Darn shame in these days of politcial correctness that we are losing these wonderfully descriptive terms.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 06-24-2011, 01:21 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

If we are to be getting an exhibition game on October 1st, I would suspect that, given the teams already travelling to the USA and when they are playing, we may play Acadia University out of Wolfville NS. Not confirmed of course, but they are playing Quinnipiac on the 2nd, and several of the other Canadian schools (Carleton, UNB, St. Francis Xavier, etc.) are already playing 2 games in that weekend, or are already playing on October 1st (not discounting the possibility of the exhibition game going to the 2nd, 3rd, or even September 30th).
            Shame-I would really want New Brunswick again-just to compare how we do against them with last year.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Shame-I would really want New Brunswick again-just to compare how we do against them with last year.
              It'd probably be possible if it were Friday or Monday game. They play on the 1st and 2nd; I can't remember who they play as I can't access my schedule spreadsheet from here. Based upon JCrawford's report regarding the men's team not playing on September 30th (women's schedule has them away in Connecticut, so I'm not sure what else would be going on, possibly a scrimmage or the coach's first chance to hold a practice), unless it's a Monday or Tuesday game, we probably won't be playing UNB again this year.

Given we've played UPEI and UNB in previous years, Nova Scotia sounds like an idea, getting 3/4 of the Maritimes.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-24-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                I can guarantee that the RPI men won't be playing an exhibition game on September 30th.
                IIRC, someone wrote that the earliest that a game can be played is 25 weeks after the finals of the NCAA tourney which was on 4/9/11. 25 weeks later is 10/1/11, so I think that your guarantee is correct.

BTW, the halfway point of the offseason is at 5:30 AM on 6/29/11 based on a 7 PM 10/1/11 game and a 4 PM 3/26/11 end of our last game based on collegehockeystats.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-24-2011, 11:44 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Given we've played UPEI and UNB in previous years, Nova Scotia sounds like an idea, getting 3/4 of the Maritimes.
                  This is likely the exact thought process, I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    IIRC, someone wrote that the earliest that a game can be played is 25 weeks after the finals of the NCAA tourney which was on 4/9/11. 25 weeks later is 10/1/11, so I think that your guarantee is correct.

BTW, the halfway point of the offseason is at 5:30 AM on 6/29/11 based on a 7 PM 10/1/11 game and a 4 PM 3/26/11 end of our last game based on collegehockeystats.
                    17.12.1 Length of Playing Season. The length of an institution’s playing season in ice hockey shall be
                    limited to a 132-day season, which may consist of two segments (each consisting of consecutive days) and which
                    may exclude only required off days per Bylaw 17.1.6.4 and official vacation, holiday and final examination periods
                    during which no practice or competition shall occur. (Revised: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91, 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97)
                    17.12.2 Preseason Practice. In men’s ice hockey, an institution shall not commence practice sessions prior
                    to the Saturday of the 25th full weekend prior to the start of the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship.
                    In women’s ice hockey, an institution shall not commence practice sessions prior to the Saturday of the 25th
                    full weekend prior to the start of the Women’s National Collegiate Ice Hockey Championship. (Revised: 1/10/91
                    effective 8/1/91, 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 11/1/01 effective 8/1/04, 3/16/07)
                    17.12.3 First Contest. In men’s ice hockey, an institution shall not play its first contest (game or scrimmage)
                    with outside competition prior to the Saturday of the 25th full weekend prior to the start of the NCAA Division
                    I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship. In women’s ice hockey, an institution shall not play its first contest (game or
                    scrimmage) with outside competition prior to the Saturday of the 25th full weekend prior to the start of the Women’s
                    National Collegiate Ice Hockey Championship. (See Figure 17-2.) (Revised: 1/10/95 effective 8/1/95, 3/16/07)
                    17.12.4 E nd of Regular Playing Season. A member institution shall conclude all practice and competition
                    (games and scrimmages) in each segment in ice hockey by the last day of final examinations for the regular
                    academic year at the institution. (Revised: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97)

Also, I thought I saw a team have an exhibition game on September 30th (at least I had that date up on the schedule). I can't remember who is playing.

EDIT: Alaska-Anchorage vs. Wasilla.
                    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

If we are to be getting an exhibition game on October 1st, I would suspect that, given the teams already travelling to the USA and when they are playing, we may play Acadia University out of Wolfville NS. Not confirmed of course, but they are playing Quinnipiac on the 2nd, and several of the other Canadian schools (Carleton, UNB, St. Francis Xavier, etc.) are already playing 2 games in that weekend, or are already playing on October 1st (not discounting the possibility of the exhibition game going to the 2nd, 3rd, or even September 30th).
                      Yes FlagDUDE08 , i believe you are right , i have heard by a player on Acadia that they are in fact playing RPI , i am not sure of the date however .

Comment

Originally posted by Interested View Post
                        Yes FlagDUDE08 , i believe you are right , i have heard by a player on Acadia that they are in fact playing RPI , i am not sure of the date however .
                        Were you able to hear anything about a possible 3rd team? One of the teams is Quinnipiac.

Comment

Were you able to hear anything about a possible 3rd team? One of the teams is Quinnipiac.
                          He had told me , the other teams , they were playing , but i can't remember exactly who the teams were . Sorry about that , i believe my memory is failing me . If i run into him again i will ask and keep you posted . He is a very good friend of a player on RPI and i was excited to hear he was playing RPI , I never really paid much attention to the other teams , that he had mentioned .

Comment

Originally posted by Interested View Post
                            He had told me , the other teams , they were playing , but i can't remember exactly who the teams were . Sorry about that , i believe my memory is failing me . If i run into him again i will ask and keep you posted . He is a very good friend of a player on RPI and i was excited to hear he was playing RPI , I never really paid much attention to the other teams , that he had mentioned .
                            That's cool. Any information that you happen to have is much appreciated, and I (as well as I'm sure a few others) thank you for it. I'll spare the other posters here of the speculation regarding other teams and take it to another thread, because it wouldn't be RPI related.

Comment

Tomorrow will be a very good day in the life of PK and hopefully a few other current or future RPI players.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I don't care if we play the little sisters of the poor or the Boston Bruins. It's a freakin' exhibition game.

Comment

Working...
                                X