X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011 Part II: The Bryce is Right

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Congratulations, Red Cloud, you made some assumptions about my thinking and tried to imply my answer. However, given this post that you made that gives your implications of what you believed my answers to be, you drew incorrect conclusions regarding what I was thinking.
    Then correct me. It's really brutally simple, yet you can't do it. Why?

My challenging you in the past few posts has to do with these implications. Had you simply posted in the first place, "Would you please clarify what you just stated?" as an open-ended question (which it looks like you did at first before the tirade began), I would have been more open to giving you an answer. However, to make said one-sided implications (not asking "or if" I believed the other side of the coin to be true alongside what you posted, which I, again, would have been open to answering), I find to be very destructive means of debate, and doesn't deserve an answer.
    Cop out. Plain and simple. You thought if you just ignored me I'd go away. You should know better.

Why did I then come back to say this? Because if you're going to show me enough respect to continuously ask for an answer (and let's face it, if there wasn't at least respect for what I wrote, you wouldn't have responded), that deserves the same respect. If you would now like me to clarify, without any pre-conceived inferences, I would be willing to do so.
    Good God, just answer the freaking questions. Why does this have to be a drama?

As for supe "defending me", I didn't ask for any sort of defense; I was completely willing to stand up to this on my own.
    I can tell you didn't ask for any defense, however, you were very unwilling to defend your own words. Speaks volumes.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Today is 8 June 2011. There are 115 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Then correct me. It's really brutally simple, yet you can't do it. Why?

Cop out. Plain and simple. You thought if you just ignored me I'd go away. You should know better.

Good God, just answer the freaking questions. Why does this have to be a drama?

I can tell you didn't ask for any defense, however, you were very unwilling to defend your own words. Speaks volumes.
        Fine, then. Take a look at the first paragraph in question. You asked me "why" on my first sentence. You obviously didn't read the second sentence, because my answer was staring you right in the face. Not the first time it's happened with me, so I'm used to it. Third sentence and second paragraph, just some hypothesis and speculation. I never said it was true, but I didn't say it wasn't, either. You've already pretty much hinted as to why, so I don't need to explain that.

Regarding the whole transfer thing, he was a junior this past year. Quite frankly, if he wanted to leave, he would have done so already, and probably wouldn't have even been an Engineer last year. Therefore, read between the lines, no signs of him leaving. He wanted to be an Engineer, compared to the other two I had mentioned, who did not wish to be Engineers and "gave up" on that, as evident by their transferring. I realize that sometimes letting go can be your best option.

I don't know why there was thought that I was some sort of god and knew all. Perhaps, once again, something was taken out of context. It's not the first time. Quite frankly, if someone isn't going to attempt to connect dots regarding every word before responding, it's not worth my time for a response.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-08-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

If you want to challenge me, come strong. Leave that weak crap at home.
          Reminds me of an old saying, "Never try and teach [stubborn animal] to sing....it frustrates you and annoys the [stubborn animal]."
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Fine, then. Take a look at the first paragraph in question. You asked me "why" on my first sentence. You obviously didn't read the second sentence, because my answer was staring you right in the face.
            When one answers their own questions, it tends to be speculation. You then tried to take such speculation and make it fact. That's called a logical fallacy.

Third sentence and second paragraph, just some hypothesis and speculation. I never said it was true, but I didn't say it wasn't, either. You've already pretty much hinted as to why, so I don't need to explain that.
            In the future, when you want us to perform a Vulcan ****ing mind-meld to divine your true intent, please be sure to let us know.

Regarding the whole transfer thing, he was a junior this past year. Quite frankly, if he wanted to leave, he would have done so already, and probably wouldn't have even been an Engineer last year. Therefore, read between the lines, no signs of him leaving.
            Therefore, you just couldn't help but speculate about the possibility of him leaving. I could drive the space shuttle through that gap in logic.

He wanted to be an Engineer, compared to the other two I had mentioned, who did not wish to be Engineers and "gave up" on that, as evident by their transferring. I realize that sometimes letting go can be your best option.
            Again, you apparently are privy to inside information about Cyr and Watts if you can make this assertion based solely on their decision to transfer.

I don't know why there was thought that I was some sort of god and knew all.
            It's your "this is the way it is" attitude. I have this same attitude, but the difference is that I make sure I know what I'm talking about before I pipe up. I also don't find the need to talk about every little morsel that bounds its way down the pipeline.

Perhaps, once again, something was taken out of context. It's not the first time. Quite frankly, if someone isn't going to attempt to connect dots regarding every word before responding, it's not worth my time for a response.
            Not worth your time for a response?

That'd be a first.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              Reminds me of an old saying, "Never try and teach [stubborn animal] to sing....it frustrates you and annoys the [stubborn animal]."
              Sounds about right. BTW, much of a Shawshank fan? It is the top of my list.

Comment

I prefer "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Comment

I prefer "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
                  Another person dispensing advice which he himself does not follow, eh?

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

That quote hung in my office for over 30 years.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Uh oh, Red Cloud's breaking out the Samuel Clemens.....

Comment

Another person dispensing advice which he himself does not follow, eh?
                        I care not what fools think of me.

Yes, you fall into that category. Call me when you have something to add to the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Clod View Post
                          I care not what fools think of me...[nor anyone else for that matter, apparently].... Call me when you have something to add to the conversation.
                          No thanks, you are surly and impolite and don't respond well to well-intentioned friendly banter. I have no idea why you are carrying a permanent chip on your shoulder nor why you inflict it on other people who have done nothing to deserve it.

Someone playfully tosses you a balloon and you vindictively pop it and then swell up your chest with pride over your meanness, thinking you've done something clever?

"If your only tool is a hammer then everything looks like a nail", is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by supe View Post
                            Sounds about right. BTW, much of a Shawshank fan? It is the top of my list.
                            Yes I enjoy Shawshank very much. Given the attitude of certain people here, you can probably guess why I chose "Fresh Fish" as the screen name.....

Comment

If you want to challenge something I've said, say it, don't change my words, coward.

No thanks, you are surly and impolite and don't respond well to well-intentioned friendly banter. I have no idea why you are carrying a permanent chip on your shoulder nor why you inflict it on other people who have done nothing to deserve it.
                              I respond just fine to actual well-intentioned friendly banter. When it crosses over into idiocy and garbage, I deal with it accordingly. There's no permanent chip, and if you think I've got one, or if those I "inflict it on" have done nothing to deserve it, perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself where the real problem lies.

Someone playfully tosses you a balloon and you vindictively pop it and then swell up your chest with pride over your meanness, thinking you've done something clever?
                              "Playfully tosses me a balloon?" Excuse me? Did you think that quote was aimed at you? My, you're rather self-centered.

"If your only tool is a hammer then everything looks like a nail", is that it?
                              No, it's not it. You've just got tunnel vision.

Comment

I respond just fine to actual well-intentioned friendly banter.
                                yes, I see you have just demonstrated how well you respond....

There's no permanent chip
                                I'm glad for your sake that it's just temporary then.

Comment

Working...
                                X