X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Two USCHO morons had tonight's game exactly right:
    Ha, well I don't think it was a stretch to predict a BC win.

Anyway, very physical, yet clean game on both sides. Not a whole lot of crap after the whistles and not endless amounts of penalties. Good test for both sides. Hope Denver wins the WCHA (and tomorrow night).

Comment

not too many times will you ever see BC bottled up like that in that building. It seemed DU had 7-8 guys on the ice all night ,there was never any room for BC to get untracked and show their speed . Good game, now finish a Beantown sweep tonight and good luck the rest of the way

Comment

Congrats Denver! Very nice win. This is the Denver team I expected to see, and why I think they'll be a top team all year long. Good luck tonight, and hopefully you win another one.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Great way to start the season! (An added plus--national tv.)
          I noticed very few, actually no predictions from the DU faithful prior to the BC game. Guess we couldn't forget last year's drubbing at Magness and massacre of the sioux last weekend. Have to admit I, too, had my doubts. But now I'm ready for an East Coast sweep.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Great way to start the season! (An added plus--national tv.)
            I noticed very few, actually no predictions from the DU faithful prior to the BC game. Guess we couldn't forget last year's drubbing at Magness and massacre of the sioux last weekend. Have to admit I, too, had my doubts. But now I'm ready for an East Coast sweep.
            I was hoping we'd win, does that count?
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Magness Man, that's not at all what happened with swami. He'll be back someday, but let's talk hockey for now. Great win for DU! Now they just have to avoid the praise getting to their heads, and keep working hard on improving. It's a long season, but that was a promising start.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                I suspect he may have been at the game tonight. I think Damien might have said he was--not sure.
                He was definitely there.

I think Boston and Denver have a nice host thing going on.

Denver in Boston in 2004 - national title.

BC goes to Denver in 2008 - national title.

BC goes to Denver in 2010 - sweep.

Denver goes to Boston in 2011 - win at Conte.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I have to admit that I didn't feel great about this weekend. Whatever happens this afternoon I'll be happy with the weekend. Of course, I'll be a lot happier if the guys put up two more points.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    I have to admit that I didn't feel great about this weekend. Whatever happens this afternoon I'll be happy with the weekend. Of course, I'll be a lot happier if the guys put up two more points.
                    "Greed is good."
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      "Greed is good."
                      Very Good!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Well, well, well we're back to earth tonight. Classic case of not showing up after a big win. 2 shorties --nothing like opening old wounds. Ouch!
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Epic.

Comment

It was great seeing DG last night and the Boone! We looked flat most of the game and I'm afraid Murray did not look sharp. He was coughing up huge rebounds and mishandled the puck once which lead to the first shorty. The big story though was the comeback. Half way through the 3rd period, we came roaring back and shut up the crowd. The real bummer was while were buzzing with 6 attackers and almost scoring over and over, the ref called a penalty on Beau B. with 18 seconds left. Murray returned, face off was in our end and the game ended. I had two old time BU fans that said the ref. ruined a great game. There is an * to this game in my mind. The guys should be proud how they fought back. Had they not called that penalty we just may of scored. ****.... Good weekend all around.
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Feature on Adam Murray
                              http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._attention.php
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

It seems like the crap game after the good game is a recurring theme in recent years. Still, it does seem like the team responded in the third. There are all kinds of ways that DU could have come out of this weekend with 4 points, but it seems like number one would be to not have played like **** in the second period last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X