X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Well, by redshirting Sam for this upcoming year, an injury hardship waiver can be granted and give DU some extra scholarship leverage incase Murray does not work out as a full time starter. It all depends on how much confidence there really is in Murray within the program and how realistic it is for Sam to come back at all during next season. If it were me, I would bring in the highest-end recruit I could and see who pans out, then hopefully have Sam come back the next year and weigh my options between Murray and "the highest-end recruit I could get" before determining what happens next.
    There is no team in college hockey that can afford to tie up three scholarships (out of just 18) in the goaltender position. Sure you "might" get a hardship waiver for the NCAA for one season and then again the NCAA might not give it to you. Then you potentially would have three scholie goaltenders next season unless you cut a guy loose or Sam went pro early.

Clearly they are working hard to find a 3rd goalie, but almost certainly they will roll the dice with Murray and if he gets hurt before Sam gets back that's tough luck. Plenty of teams have played entire seasons with only one scholarship goalie on the roster. DU in 2008-09 and Michigan used to do it all the time.

The scholarship limits and guys leaving early are easily the two biggest hurdles to planning for the future. With Drew Shore & Jason Zucker almost certainly gone after this season, DU is going to bank on Sam coming back and making a late season run.
    Last edited by dggoddard; 06-20-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Here's some info on Zac Larraza,projected 4th round pick in NHL draft.

You can watch his VO2 test--8+ minutes of pedaling
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aoe3GamtOc

Long article at SB Nation's New Jersey Devils blog
      http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2011/5/2...ospect-profile
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
        The real story is one of the Denver (or is it Metro State?) player's father confronted Swami face-to-face regarding Swami's negative post's on the board and the two had a heated exchange due to the father blaming Swami for the lack of success the team had this past season. My sources have provided a minute by minute account of that confrontation but details will not be posted here. A lot of drama going on at Metro State (or is it Denver State?) right now!
        There is a post on DG's Blog that Swami had a run in last season with the Cook/Rycroft family.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
          There is a post on DG's Blog that Swami had a run in last season with the Cook/Rycroft family.
          Oh Swami (real name Tom) had a "run in" all right!! And my buddy DG knows that as much as I do! But Metro State fans (or is Met State?) deny, deny, deny. Sad part is, Swami and I get along great when we hang together, he is a super good person!!
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Story on the Nhl draft rankings has 3 goalies unsigned. Wonder whether Gwoz has been in contact?

Oh, Josiah Didier ranked at 108 for skaters. Hadn't noticed his ranking before.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Oh Swami (real name Tom) had a "run in" all right!! And my buddy DG knows that as much as I do! But Metro State fans (or is Met State?) deny, deny, deny. Sad part is, Swami and I get along great when we hang together, he is a super good person!!
              You figure revealing personal information about Swami and how tight you and he are and what a great person he is makes you one of us? Makes you not a jerk? Guess again meathead. And that goes for your overcompensating little buddy, BIG Boss Man, too.
              Last edited by Old Pio; 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                You figure revealing personal information about Swami and how tight you and he are and what a great person he is makes you one of us? Makes you not a jerk? Guess again meathead. And that goes for your overcompensating buddy, BIG Boss Man, too.
                You're funny, and make me laugh Old Pio, I guess all that smoke in your state from the wild fire is getting to you. I'm neither one of you or a jerk, somewhere in between. You're new school name is kind of long......The Metropolitan State College of Denver (aka Metro State). Why the new long name? Oh well, at least now you got a real mascot in Rowdy the Roadrunner! Cheers, good buddy, and go State Denver, or is it Denver State?
                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

You're funny, and make me laugh Old Pio, I guess all that smoke in your state from the wild fire is getting to you. I'm neither one of you or a jerk, somewhere in between. You're new school name is kind of long......The Metropolitan State College of Denver (aka Metro State). Why the new long name? Oh well, at least now you got a real mascot in Rowdy the Roadrunner! Cheers, good buddy, and go State Denver, or is it Denver State?
                  Let us know when you've worked out every permutation and combination involving DU and Metro State will ya. I'm guessing you'll be rendered mute. Regardless, you're a suck up, trying to impress us with your familiarity with and appreciation of Swami. It just won't work, funny man.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 06-21-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    Let us know when you've worked out every permutation and combination involving DU and Metro State will ya. I'm guessing you'll be rendered mute. Regardless, you're a suck up, trying to impress us with your familiarity with and appreciation of Swami. It just won't work, funny man.
                    DU? I thought it was Denver State and Metro State confusing us all!

Comment

DU? I thought it was Denver State and Metro State confusing us all!
                      I love how much pleasure you take in assuming that people will be confused by having several pretty solid colleges in one city. I really don't get it. You must be from someplace where people can't handle that kind of mental output. Good thing there is only one decent college there.

And for the record, you mentioned Denver University. I'm not familiar with that establishment. Perhaps you were thinking of the University of Denver? I must say, the fact that you are addle-minded and can't keep simple distinctions clear in your mind is not indicative of society at large.
                      Last edited by duper; 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        I love how much pleasure you take in assuming that people will be confused by having several pretty solid colleges in one city. I really don't get it. You must be from someplace where people can't handle that kind of mental output. Good thing there is only one decent college there.

And for the record, you mentioned Denver University. I'm not familiar with that establishment. Perhaps you were thinking of the University of Denver? I must say, the fact that you are addle-minded and can't keep simple distinctions clear in your mind is not indicative of society at large.
                        I get a definite "Rainman" vibe. His head would probably explode if he ever went to Boston.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 06-22-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post

Duper, it has been a long time. You're the one way up there frozen in the ice of Northern Alaska correct? What you can't get a job around Denver so you can watch your Roadrunners of DU? Or is it Met State Boone?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            Well, by redshirting Sam for this upcoming year, an injury hardship waiver can be granted and give DU some extra scholarship leverage incase Murray does not work out as a full time starter. It all depends on how much confidence there really is in Murray within the program and how realistic it is for Sam to come back at all during next season. If it were me, I would bring in the highest-end recruit I could and see who pans out, then hopefully have Sam come back the next year and weigh my options between Murray and "the highest-end recruit I could get" before determining what happens next.
                            I stand corrected. Looks like you are on the right track and DU is looking at a potential starter.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                              I stand corrected. Looks like you are on the right track and DU is looking at a potential starter.
                              I saw on your blog that it is likely an international goaltender. Interesting, because I just recently commented to someone in an e-mail that this seemed like the perfect time to bring in a Euro, but that Gwoz hadn't really maintained the pipeline which Serratore started. Maybe he possibly maintained some connections though, which appear to maybe be helping us out at this point.

Comment

I'm sure you have all read the article or already knew this, but it looks like DU has two 1st rounders on the roster!!!!

http://www.uscho.com/2011/06/24/goin...l-entry-draft/
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X