PDA

View Full Version : UW-Stevens Point names Chris Brooks new Head Coach

davyd83
05-16-2011, 02:48 PM
This should be a good hire for the Pointers!

http://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2011/5/12/MHOCK_0512112603.aspx?path=mhockey

MW4Bucky&SNC
05-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Didn't they name the finalists and he wasn't one of them?

pete99race
05-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Apparently he was a late entry in the interview process...

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
05-17-2011, 12:24 AM

He was added to the list of finalists when one of their finalists took the LFC job, I believe.

Tucker6
05-18-2011, 03:12 PM
What part of this do you consider "Shady". They wanted 3 people for the interview process, and one had already accepted the LF job so they brought in Brooks so they would have 3 again. As far as him not being able to turn Western around, I checked thier web site and didn't see where he was the head coach in the 9 years he was there. I was always of the opinion that the head coach was in charge of turning the program around not the asst. coachs, so I would think the blame for that would lie there.

altazo
05-19-2011, 09:19 AM
What part of this do you consider "Shady". They wanted 3 people for the interview process, and one had already accepted the LF job so they brought in Brooks so they would have 3 again. As far as him not being able to turn Western around, I checked thier web site and didn't see where he was the head coach in the 9 years he was there. I was always of the opinion that the head coach was in charge of turning the program around not the asst. coachs, so I would think the blame for that would lie there.

He was the associate head coach his last 3 years there. But yeah, I'd agree he was never THE man solely in charge of guiding the Broncos.